• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Maybe its me, but I'm very bothered by Fewell's Post Game Comment

Here is my post-game report, and I have to tell you.. I am VERY bothered by Fewell's quote about the end of the first half.

Dont get me wrong, I like the man, and I LOVE the way he had this team playing today. Completely admirably and I like his emotion. However, he sounded as bad as any Jauron quote I've ever heard in covering this team regarding the end of the first half. I even had to highlight it.. WTF, Perry?

LINK

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Maybe its me, but I'm very bothered by Fewell's Post Game Comment

BTW, after reveiwing AGAIN, we had the ball at the 8 yd line after TO's catch and a timeout left and 21 seconds left.. And Fewell ADMITS that he played for the field goal

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Nope. That explains the horrid clock management at the end. Apparently he paid too much attention to the way that Jauron coaches.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

I hate the way he worded that! It sounds like he played for a field goal and didnt care about a TD there!

Comment

• Ingtar33
          Dances With Buffaloes
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          BTW, after reveiwing AGAIN, we had the ball at the 8 yd line after TO's catch and a timeout left and 21 seconds left.. And Fewell ADMITS that he played for the field goal

I said he clearly ordered AVP to play for the FG at the end of the half in the gameday thread when it happened.

No OC calls that dive with 20 seconds and a TO left unless they're playing for the FG or suffered a blow to their head.
          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
            We play to win the game!
            • Oct 2009

Pathetic. Playing to lose continues with this coaches mindset. Get some balls. Attempt to get 7. TD's win games

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
              I said he clearly ordered AVP to play for the FG at the end of the half in the gameday thread when it happened.

No OC calls that dive with 20 seconds and a TO left unless they're playing for the FG or suffered a blow to their head.
              Good point. It seems like he was coaching not to lose, the only way he was taught. Damn Jauron!

Comment

• Cleve
                • Oct 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                Dont get me wrong, I like the man,

LINK
                I really latched onto the fact you like him. Everybody liked Dick Jauron too, it seems.

So basically, Ralph Wilson Jr. has exchanged "Nice guy Dick" for "Nice guy Perry". Both are likable people, but both are equally clueless when it comes to winning a football game, it seems.

If Fewell did that, on purpose, at the end of the 1st half, it's even MORE inexcusable than it was if it were merely horrid time management.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

“We had talked about taking the shot (to the end zone), but we wanted to make sure we got the points so we elected to go for the run in that situation,” Fewell said. “I alerted the official we were going to call time out. Looking back I wanted to get the points. I thought I made a solid decision with just taking the points.”

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

One down, six to go on the Fewell era
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Cleve
                      • Oct 2004

Doesn't Fewell understand that he had enough time, with 21 seconds on the clock, to have the Bills spike the ball, throw a couple times to the endzone to try for the touchdown, and still have time to kick the field goal?
                      Last edited by Cleve; 11-22-2009, 05:28 PM.

This lowly cart.... it hits harder and has a higher yards
                      per play average than the Bills' offense!

Comment

It may well be they had no faith in Fitzpatrick not turning the ball over.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                          • Jul 2002

This shouldn't be a shock...he is a Jauron hire. He's not a good DC, why would we expect him to be a good HC??? He can be as fiery as he wants, but it doesn't make me think he is any more qualified for this HC position then Jauron.

Comment

• Ground Chuck
                            • Jul 2009

Never dawned on anybody to throw a fade to TO against the rookie

Comment

• BoyILuvLoznStupidly
                              • Sep 2009

I would say that is not " Playing like hell" as Fewell said in his presser when he became interim. That is playing scared, playing like hell is hold nothing back imo.

Comment

Working...
                              X