PDA

View Full Version : Lynch: would you take a 3rd rounder for him?

kernowboy
11-22-2009, 05:48 PM
Lynch has definitely dropped off in his intensity and willingness this season and has been very poor.

In light of that would you be prepared to take a 3rd rounder for him?

Personally I would but would also insist on a conditional 2011 selection as well.

I think Jackson simply has been better the last two seasons, there are some very interesting runners in this years draft, and many coaches have proven you don't need to use a Day1 pick on an excellent pro RB.

That 3rd rounder might allow us to do other things in other areas of need.

yordad
11-22-2009, 05:51 PM
No.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-22-2009, 05:54 PM
I would have to say no. Jackson will be 29 at the start of next season.

X-Era
11-22-2009, 05:56 PM
Lynch has definitely dropped off in his intensity and willingness this season and has been very poor.

In light of that would you be prepared to take a 3rd rounder for him?

Personally I would but would also insist on a conditional 2011 selection as well.

I think Jackson simply has been better the last two seasons, there are some very interesting runners in this years draft, and many coaches have proven you don't need to use a Day1 pick on an excellent pro RB.

That 3rd rounder might allow us to do other things in other areas of need.

No.

kernowboy
11-22-2009, 05:59 PM
I was thinking we could look at drafting Toby Gerhart (3rd-4th) who can also play some FB and/or James Starks of the Bulls who because of his final year shoulder injury might fall to the 6th.

Jackson may be 29, but he does not have a lot of yardage/carries on the clock.

MassEffect218435
11-22-2009, 06:00 PM
Sure, why not, it's time to completely break this team down and start fresh. He's obviously not going to figure it out in Buffalo; grab an extra pick for next year and give him the opportunity to play for another team.

Oaf
11-22-2009, 06:01 PM
I would take a 2nd. Lynch is the one who should be in the minor role these days.

PECKERWOOD
11-22-2009, 06:05 PM
I would take a 2nd. Lynch is the one who should be in the minor role these days.

I think a 2nd is reasonable for Lynch, I know he's struggled but I attribute that more to the sophomore blues and him putting on too much weight more than anything else.

MassEffect218435
11-22-2009, 06:06 PM
I think a 2nd is reasonable for Lynch, I know he's struggled but I attribute that more to the sophomore blues and him putting on too much weight more than anything else."Sophmore blues"? Wouldn't that insinuate that he's in his second year?

PECKERWOOD
11-22-2009, 06:09 PM
"Sophmore blues"? Wouldn't that insinuate that he's in his second year?

I fudged it.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Noway, his trade value is at all time low. Worst time to make deal.

SABURZFAN
11-22-2009, 07:59 PM
YES!!!!!!!!

bring back Omon and we may see that video sex tape with him and more cowbell's ex.

Raptor
11-22-2009, 08:13 PM
Absolutely not

Tailspin
11-22-2009, 08:40 PM
Trade him before he gets arrested again in the offseason

tampabay25690
11-22-2009, 08:54 PM
NO not at all....
But Fred Jackson should be the horse and a Offense should be ran around this guy....Clearly he is the best player on this team and I mean the whole team...

baalworship
11-22-2009, 09:24 PM
I don't get the Marshawn hate here. Trade one of our best players for a draft pick? No way.

trapezeus
11-22-2009, 09:27 PM
lynch's play is as awful as trent edwards. its a huge drop off. he doesn't hit holes, he almost seems like he wants to be hit before he starts trying. there are issues with him.

trading him leaves us short on RBs and we'll need to pick another one in the draft. with the holes we already have, we need to accept a mediocre player with talent in hopes that a new guy get get to him.

HHURRICANE
11-22-2009, 09:52 PM
It's so weird guys. Both the QB and RB position are playing poorly. Why is that?

It couldn't be the crappy o-line? People wake up.

BertSquirtgum
11-22-2009, 10:34 PM
it doesn't have anything to do with the o-line being one of the worst in franchise history does it?

BillsWin
11-22-2009, 10:44 PM
With every loss this board gets more dumb. :bf1:

kernowboy
11-23-2009, 12:51 AM
There are plenty of lower drafted RB's who slip through the net ... Slaton or McFadden anyone.

People are getting excited about Shanahan but where did he draft most of his 1,000yd runners ... deep on the final day of the draft

Michael82
11-23-2009, 01:03 AM
Lynch seems like he doesn't care anymore. It's sad, but since he's come back...his old Beast Mode swagger has gone away. I'd shop him after the season, but if we can't get more than a 3rd, I keep him.

Crisis
11-23-2009, 02:12 AM
We should have a pool on what day Marshawn gets arrested this offseason.

dannyek71
11-23-2009, 06:41 AM
My grandfather would always say: With a good line, anyone can carry the ball. It's not heavy.

Outside of really special talents (Peterson, Payton etc....) decent RBs are a dime a dozen.

Id take a 3rd in a heartbeat for him.

trapezeus
11-23-2009, 11:28 AM
i'm just torn on this...i see both points and can argue for both cases.

RB's just don't trade all that well, in my opinion. Why trade for an RB, when you can just pick up anyone who is younger in the draft? i know we got a 3rd for McGahee.

I also don't think Lynch is trying hard enough with us due to the line. this team needs to be focused on the line. WE have literally no one after jackson without Lynch. We need just have the practice squad guy. That's not enough. So then we have to draft another RB.

in the end i think we have to keep getting the line better. Perhaps Shanahan's zone blocking with proven OL create holes that Marshawn runs through with glee. and if not, he'll be close to the end of his contract and can leave with no compensation.

kernowboy
11-23-2009, 11:37 AM
i'm just torn on this...i see both points and can argue for both cases.

RB's just don't trade all that well, in my opinion. Why trade for an RB, when you can just pick up anyone who is younger in the draft? i know we got a 3rd for McGahee.

I also don't think Lynch is trying hard enough with us due to the line. this team needs to be focused on the line. WE have literally no one after jackson without Lynch. We need just have the practice squad guy. That's not enough. So then we have to draft another RB.

in the end i think we have to keep getting the line better. Perhaps Shanahan's zone blocking with proven OL create holes that Marshawn runs through with glee. and if not, he'll be close to the end of his contract and can leave with no compensation.

We got two 3rds and a 7th for McGahee

I am not interested in a sulker - I want a RB who will run his guts out on every play.

Toby Gerhart might be slowish (4.6) but he brings it all on every play. He could also play football, letting us have both him and Jackson on the field together. He could quite easily be an Alstott clone.

And with the 6th round pick, we might look at local guy James Starks who will fall due to his shoulder injury but is a very nice back and who has great hands - 52 recs last year - we won't get better value here.

So a 3rd for Gerhart and the 6th for Starks, gives us a farm of 3 runners who can all carry the ball effectively.

If we got a 2nd for Lynch, I'd still look to then trade down to turn that into a 3rd and a 4th.

Does anyone know the terms of the conditional pick we got for Simpson?

Historian
11-23-2009, 12:22 PM
I don't think he's worth a 3rd...

Beastie Bills
11-23-2009, 01:31 PM
Would I take a 3rd rounder for the best RB we've had in 10 years? No, I would not.

soapman
11-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Here we go with the idiocracy

Philagape
11-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Third, no. Second, I'd consider it.

He did look awful on Sunday. No burst whatsoever. It's like he walks with the ball.

casdhf
11-23-2009, 03:57 PM
I was thinking we could look at drafting Toby Gerhart (3rd-4th) who can also play some FB and/or James Starks of the Bulls who because of his final year shoulder injury might fall to the 6th.

Jackson may be 29, but he does not have a lot of yardage/carries on the clock. You may want to check again. Jackson has a ton of miles on his tires. They're just not NFL miles.