X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Wood has a compound fracutre

I guess he is having surgery tomorrow in Jacksonville.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad
  • MassEffect218435
    • Apr 2009

Re: Wood has a compound fracutre

Very sad, hopefully it's a clean break and there's no ligament damage involved. I pray for a fast recovery for a guy who's future was looking very bright to this point.

Comment

• mush69
      • Jan 2003

Probably better that it was a clean compound break, but sad to say it will probably be 2 years till he reachs any kind of playing time. I liked him to...:sadwalk
      Don't Mistake Lack Of Talent For Genius

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mush69
        Probably better that it was a clean compound break, but sad to say it will probably be 2 years till he reachs any kind of playing time. I liked him to...:sadwalk
        Doubt that...he's an OL, which makes his ability to come back probably more likely. If he was playing a position where there was a lot of running, then yeah, it might be tougher, but OL don't have to run around too much. Either way, he's done for a long time...hopefully it heals up and he's able to come back next year.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
          • Apr 2008

any doctors around here that can shed some educated light on the situation?

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
            Doubt that...he's an OL, which makes his ability to come back probably more likely. If he was playing a position where there was a lot of running, then yeah, it might be tougher, but OL don't have to run around too much. Either way, he's done for a long time...hopefully it heals up and he's able to come back next year.
            But they also carry a lot more weight and put much more stress on their legs than skill position people do.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              • May 2009

2 years??? that's a bit excessive. i think mid-season next year at the latest.

Comment

• mush69
                • Jan 2003

Did you all see how that all folded up, Yes it no doubt broke quickly! I say before he feels like that leg is good will be a long time after we all speculate.
                Don't Mistake Lack Of Talent For Genius

Comment

• MassEffect218435
                  • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Dr. Pepper
                  any doctors around here that can shed some educated light on the situation?
                  Well, I can tell you that I tore my ACL, MCL, and fractured my femur in one play and it took me about a year and a half to fully recover and be back into playing shape. Bones generally heal better and faster than do ligaments, thus, I'm hoping that there is no ligament damage.
                  Last edited by MassEffect218435; 11-22-2009, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• MassEffect218435
                    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    But they also carry a lot more weight and put much more stress on their legs than skill position people do.
                    Most people don't realize just how much bending and full-body motion goes into being an OL. In my opinion they are THE best athletes on the field taking into consideration how much weight they have to throw around all while staying low, rolling hips, etc...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Masseffect218345
                      Most people don't realize just how much bending and full-body motion goes into being an OL. In my opinion they are THE best athletes on the field taking into consideration how much weight they have to throw around all while staying low, rolling hips, etc...

Yes and OL who has a bad wheel is screwed. Legs are more vital than arms when it comes to OL.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• MassEffect218435
                        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        Yes and OL who has a bad wheel is screwed. Legs are more vital than arms when it comes to OL.
                        Exactly; see Flozell Adams and Orlando Pace.
                        Last edited by MassEffect218435; 11-22-2009, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• Ferrygoat
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mush69
                          It'll take about 6-8 weeks for that type of injury to heal. You add in rehab/strength conditioning and he'll be ready for next season without any question

Comment

• Patti120
                            • Aug 2004

Compound fractured my lower leg when I was 16 (can't remember if it was the fibula or tibula). Anyway, I also totally seperated my foot/ankle from the rest of my leg as well and had one big screw to connect my foot/ankle back to my leg and about 8 screws down the broken bone in my lower leg. I was VERY lucky b/c none of my ligaments were torn and they just had to reattach. This happened to me the day before the season started and I was able to participate in all of the offseason training , etc., for the following year and suffered no ill effect.

Hoping that no ligaments were torn and that his recovery is the same as mine. He's the type of guy you want on your team. Props to TO for helping him off the field.

Comment

• DBrown77
                              Watching the Bills suck since 1999
                              • Mar 2005

Wood did not have a compound fracture. Compound means the bone was sticking though the skin and he would have had surgery today.

Definitely fractured his Tibia and Fibula. I had the same break and my shin had a 90 degree angle and i played the next year

Comment

Working...
                              X