PDA

View Full Version : Just got home from the game

Dantheman1280
11-22-2009, 07:12 PM
I just got home from today's game, I was lucky enough to volunteer with the Jags and got to watch the game from the field.

First and foremost, Trent no longer cares, in warm ups he looked like a zombie, and after the game he trotted into the tunnel with a smile on his face.

The o-line is a wreck, there is no where for the running backs to go,every yard they get is earned.

Evans was visibly frustrated coming off the field, Fitz did not look his way very often.

Fred Jackson is the man, he is always picking up his teammates, he enjoys playing the game, and he gave me his gloves after the game!

Our linebackers played a heck of a game today!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-22-2009, 07:16 PM
fred jackson is the good heart of this team. dude is the MAN.

Trent edwards is now a ****wad if he is acting that way

tampabay25690
11-22-2009, 08:30 PM

Trent will be JP Losmans backup in the other putrid football league..

imbondz
11-22-2009, 08:39 PM
any of us would act that way. in my opinion, Trent's got a raw deal.

Joe Fo Sho
11-22-2009, 08:45 PM
any of us would act that way. in my opinion, Trent's got a raw deal.

A raw deal? Why? Cuz we gave him every opportunity to show that he was worth a damn. The guy sucks and it took the Bills waaaay too long to figure it out.

I would not act like that, at least not visibly. There's this little thing called professionalism. Trent should be more upset with himself than the Bills organization.

Where are those kids that vandalized McKelvin's house???

YardRat
11-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Regardless of any tangential circumstances, Trent had his chance, just like JP. And, just like JP, he blew it.

JP had the tools and the desire, but no brains or intangibles.
Trent has the brains and some tools, but no heart or balls.

Even if you could combine the two, you still wouldn't have a QB you could call a leader.

imbondz
11-22-2009, 09:02 PM
So Fitzgerald has earned the starting position?? yeah right.

YardRat
11-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Fitz certainly isn't the answer long-term...I don't think he earned the job as much as Edwards lost it.

trapezeus
11-22-2009, 09:24 PM
they didn't really give him every chance to succeed as the OL got worse and the OC got greener each year. but whatever, the lack of heart was the thing that did him in. He didn't put up much of a fight as they took it away from him. and that's why he won't be here. that is on his shoulders.

trapezeus
11-22-2009, 09:25 PM
also, Fred Jackson is very vocal. from the inside the nfl clips, they showed him imploring people to make a play and just wanting to win.

they put him everywhere and he makes plays. i like him as a player. We need more guys like him.

HHURRICANE
11-22-2009, 09:36 PM
Edwards still is the better QB. You don't bench the better player.

Edwards should be apathetic. How can you blame him? I'm glad Fewell lost.

Luisito23
11-22-2009, 09:50 PM
Edwards is making millions of dollars, and is a professional...Act like it!

HHURRICANE
11-22-2009, 09:53 PM

No he isn't. He signed a 3rd round contract that is probably based on playing time.

This isn't JP who had guaranteed money.

djjimkelly
11-22-2009, 10:02 PM

maybe trent always was a **** wad

imbondz
11-22-2009, 10:33 PM

so you want him to act like it doesn't bother him that the better QB isn't on the field. he's pissed off as we all would be

Joe Fo Sho
11-22-2009, 11:22 PM
Edwards still is the better QB. You don't bench the better player.

Edwards should be apathetic. How can you blame him? I'm glad Fewell lost.
I would argue that Trent is not the better QB. He would not have kept us in this game. When's the last time they allowed Trent to throw from his own endzone? If he were in there, they would've called a QB sneak to get 2 yards.

Isn't Fitz 3-1 this year?

imbondz
11-22-2009, 11:28 PM
2-2

Philagape
11-22-2009, 11:43 PM
I love how fans think they can read players' minds.

Michael82
11-23-2009, 02:01 AM
Sorry...but I saw things during the game with Fitzpatrick that I never saw with Edwards before.

1. He got the ball to Terrell Owens and even chatted/listened to him on the sideline.

2. He wasn't sulking on the sideline. He was actually looking at the photos and taking the blame for not seeing TO wide open.

3. Edwards was wondering around on the sideline looking like lost his puppy. It's so obvious that he doesnt care anymore. I know he lost his job to a crappy QB..BUT it was only week to week or day to day according to Fewell. Have some balls and fight for it...dont let Fitzy steal ur job while u just stand there.

Dantheman1280
11-23-2009, 02:05 AM

Never said I could read his mind. I am just saying what I say at the game today.

Typ0
11-23-2009, 03:01 AM
Seriously, TE has not gotten it done but all you guys are bashing him for someones interpretation of the "look on his face". That is really assinine and you guys look like true idiots.

TacklingDummy
11-23-2009, 03:31 AM
Seriously, TE has not gotten it done but all you guys are bashing him for someones interpretation of the "look on his face". That is really assinine and you guys look like true idiots.

The Lickers never did give Trent a chance the way they gave JP 4 years of a chance. They look for anything to bash TE about. They can't stand that their boy was also a bum.

yordad
11-23-2009, 06:04 AM
TC, Trent has now had more starts then JP did when he was benched.

Typ0
11-23-2009, 07:36 AM
TC, Trent has now had more starts then JP did when he was benched.

and what's your point...that TE should be cut from the team because he smiled during halftime?

mybills
11-23-2009, 07:55 AM
Sorry...but I saw things during the game with Fitzpatrick that I never saw with Edwards before.

1. He got the ball to Terrell Owens and even chatted/listened to him on the sideline.

2. He wasn't sulking on the sideline. He was actually looking at the photos and taking the blame for not seeing TO wide open.

3. Edwards was wondering around on the sideline looking like lost his puppy. It's so obvious that he doesnt care anymore. I know he lost his job to a crappy QB..BUT it was only week to week or day to day according to Fewell. Have some balls and fight for it...dont let Fitzy steal ur job while u just stand there.
I saw that too, before I lost the live feed...and the first thing I thought of was Hamdan. How he used to be supporting Trent every time the defense was on the field. Why can't Trent do that for Fitz? :cynic:

justasportsfan
11-23-2009, 08:00 AM
hilarious. People said the same thing about JP in the sidelines and when people defended him you called them idiots too. now you have people defending Trent so they must be idiots too?

mybills
11-23-2009, 08:13 AM
Forget the "look/smile on his face"..he was not supporting a coworker/team mate. There's no excuse for that.

yordad
11-23-2009, 08:22 AM
and what's your point...that TE should be cut from the team because he smiled during halftime?Funny how you knock people for pretending to read mind, then you pretend to read my mind.

My point was clear. Well, except I meant to type "TD" not "TC".

yordad
11-23-2009, 08:25 AM
The Lickers never did give Trent a chance the way they gave JP 4 years of a chance. They look for anything to bash TE about. They can't stand that their boy was also a bum.I guess my last point wasn't all too clear, so I will just change my point all together. WTF does JP have to do with Trent sucking? And, are you trying to deny the fact Trent sucks?

ddaryl
11-23-2009, 08:36 AM
So Fitzgerald has earned the starting position?? yeah right.

the team tries harder when Fitz is the QB...

and IMO Trent has done everything to lose the job. Not so much what Fitz has done to win it.

Michael82
11-23-2009, 08:38 AM
Forget the "look/smile on his face"..he was not supporting a coworker/team mate. There's no excuse for that.

Exactly! :hi5:

imbondz
11-23-2009, 08:40 AM

he texted me and told me Phil.

Mahdi
11-23-2009, 08:51 AM
The biggest positive I took out of the game is how versatile this defense could be with some imagination.

Schobel was blitzing from all over the place, Maybin was coming off the edge standing up out of a 3-4 formation, we blitzed both A gaps simultaneously with Poz and Draft on one play that caused problems for Garrard.

jonah7777
11-23-2009, 08:56 AM
A raw deal? Why? Cuz we gave him every opportunity to show that he was worth a damn. The guy sucks and it took the Bills waaaay too long to figure it out.

I would not act like that, at least not visibly. There's this little thing called professionalism. Trent should be more upset with himself than the Bills organization.

Where are those kids that vandalized McKelvin's house???

How did Trent get a raw deal He was givin the chance to prove himself time and time again. The failure is his own No other team would have put up with his performance as long as Buffalo did NOne.

Philagape
11-23-2009, 09:03 AM

Wow what channel has the continuous bench cam? I want to subscribe to that!

yordad
11-23-2009, 09:11 AM
Wow what channel has the continuous bench cam? I want to subscribe to that!How "continuous" does it need to be to form casual observations?

Typ0
11-23-2009, 11:16 AM
Funny how you knock people for pretending to read mind, then you pretend to read my mind.

My point was clear. Well, except I meant to type "TD" not "TC".

I am not reading anyones mind. The thread is about being incompetent because he "smiled" and the "look on his face". He's incompetent because his performance has been horrible it has nothing to do with these stupid irrelevant things. This is just more searching for something to hate mentality that TD was talking about...

Typ0
11-23-2009, 11:19 AM
I saw that too, before I lost the live feed...and the first thing I thought of was Hamdan. How he used to be supporting Trent every time the defense was on the field. Why can't Trent do that for Fitz? :cynic:

Simple reason, Fitz is a veteran with more years under his belt and he doesn't want the help. Why do you people have to fish around for drama you can make up? Stick to General Hospital.

ChristopherWalken
11-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Which smells worse? Dog poo or cat poo?

Exactly!

You can argue as much as you would like about who deserves to start over who, but in the end, the level of talent at QB is all crap.

Tiburon1724
11-23-2009, 12:26 PM
I also had some takeaways....despite 15 sections being tarped off, the available seats were still only like 60% filled. You could take both upper decks and move all the people into the lower bowl and still not fill the lower bowl. Getting to and from the game was simple, since there were no people there however.

The stadium was filled with rednecks and...I'll say less fortunate people who don't tend to be at RWS. A hillbilly two rows behind me wouldn't shutup the entire game in that horrible southern obnoxious accent. And of course she had no idea what she was looking at on the field.

It all seemed very minor league in presentation. Stadium is blah, prefer RWS 100x over. Move this freakin team to LA!

Griff
11-23-2009, 12:41 PM
2-2

with the two wins handed to him by Byrd and the secondary.

mybills
11-23-2009, 01:20 PM
Simple reason, Fitz is a veteran with more years under his belt and he doesn't want the help. Why do you people have to fish around for drama you can make up? Stick to General Hospital.
TO was helping him, not Trent. Try again.

mybills
11-23-2009, 01:20 PM
..and I prefer Days of our Lives. :tongue:

Typ0
11-23-2009, 01:58 PM
TO was helping him, not Trent. Try again.

And TO is also a veteran with more years under his belt. What the heck are you talking about you furthered my point!

Philagape
11-23-2009, 02:00 PM
How "continuous" does it need to be to form casual observations?

If they're casual, they're meaningless.

mybills
11-23-2009, 02:10 PM
And TO is also a veteran with more years under his belt. What the heck are you talking about you furthered my point!
You said Fitz didn't want any help because he is a veteran.
Trent, Hamdan and To are veterans. Hamdan helped Trent, TO helped Fitz, Trent helped NOBODY. Get it now?

Typ0
11-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Trent, Hamdan and To are veterans. Hamdan helped Trent, TO helped Fitz, Trent helped NOBODY. Get it now?

What I said was there is a delineation in the NFL between veterans and non-veterans. It's pretty serious from what I've read. RF and TO have more experience than Hamdan and TE. It's not a big jump to see that TE and Hamdan are journeyman and RF and TO are have more eperience. Plus, it was pretty clear last week that TO is for RF. So why does any of this surprise you? Why does any of it point to deficiencies in TE? If anything, the deficiency is in TO who refused to support TE. My point is, instead of reaching and grasping at meaningless stuff to put someone down and make yourself feel better why don't you just point out their real deficiencies?

TigerJ
11-23-2009, 04:16 PM
As far as Trent is concerned, I would expect him to be discouraged and disinterested. From the Bills perspective, he is no longer relevant. He is the backup until Brohm learns the playbook well enough to line up behind the center and get the right play called. The Bills may keep him around until the end of the season, but the odds are just as likely he'll get cut to clear a roster spot to make room for another offensive lineman. sometime around Christmas. As far as the offensive line is concerned they couldn't be anything but a wreck at this point. They started out with two players with any experience, only one of whom played pro ball at the position where he was starting. Only three out of that group started Sunday's game remain, and one of them went down pretty early, Then of course, his replacement went down. They won't be any better the rest of the season. The only good news is that next year Wood and Levitre will be second year players, Butler will have had at least some pro games at the position where he played his college ball, and both Bell and Meredith will have some experience at tackle.

casdhf
11-23-2009, 04:20 PM
I really doubt Trent gets cut at all.

trapezeus
11-23-2009, 04:24 PM

Fitz might not have wanted the "help" from a guy who just lost his starting job. That's also an option.

yordad
11-23-2009, 05:00 PM
If they're casual, they're meaningless.This is a massage board. Everything is meaningless.

yordad
11-23-2009, 05:06 PM
What I said was there is a delineation in the NFL between veterans and non-veterans. It's pretty serious from what I've read. RF and TO have more experience than Hamdan and TE. It's not a big jump to see that TE and Hamdan are journeyman and RF and TO are have more eperience. Plus, it was pretty clear last week that TO is for RF. So why does any of this surprise you? Why does any of it point to deficiencies in TE? If anything, the deficiency is in TO who refused to support TE. My point is, instead of reaching and grasping at meaningless stuff to put someone down and make yourself feel better why don't you just point out their real deficiencies?If you don't think Fitz wanted Trent's help (despite the fact Trent has started twice as many games), and if you don't think Trent not helping is a deficiency, then why are you in this thread telling people they imagined it and shouldn't mind read? And then why did you follow that up with even more imaginative mind reading of your own?

I am not reading anyones mind.
Simple reason, Fitz is a veteran with more years under his belt and he doesn't want the help.:wtf:

yordad
11-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Fitz might not have wanted the "help" from a guy who just lost his starting job. That's also an option.Which reflects even worse on Trent.

Oaf
11-23-2009, 07:25 PM
How did Trent get a raw deal He was givin the chance to prove himself time and time again. The failure is his own No other team would have put up with his performance as long as Buffalo did NOne.

NYG? :scratch:

Everything I hear about Jackson, from the day I first saw a report about him (TC 07), I've liked. There's a reason why he became my avatar after Lynch's "Pro Bowl" appearance. This guy seems to me like the ultimate example of humble. He really did come from nothing and now look at his success!

Greer and Wilson have similar stories. We're lucky we really appeared to hit on our annual 2nd tier vet CB signing this year in Florence or the mistake in letting him go would have been largely magnified.

Jackson, I feel, is our Team MVP not named Byrd despite Lynch returning from suspension. Should Marshawn not have returned, it's not unrealistic to say Jackson may have had near Pro Bowl-caliber numbers.

Joe Fo Sho
11-23-2009, 08:46 PM
NYG? :scratch:

Only because they took that duescher in the 1st round, 1st/4th overall. Pretty sure they gave up the world for him, too.

justasportsfan
11-24-2009, 08:35 AM

Simple reason, Fitz is a veteran with more years under his belt and he doesn't want the help.

Funny!

TigerJ
11-24-2009, 08:42 AM
I really doubt Trent gets cut at all.

I don't think cutting Trent is the most likely act by the Bills any time this season, though it wouldn't surprise me. What would shock me is Trent on the roster in September, 2010.

mybills
11-24-2009, 08:45 AM
Kerry Collins was supporting Vince Young last night. He's a team player. :bf1:

mybills
11-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Fitz might not have wanted the "help" from a guy who just lost his starting job. That's also an option.
I'm not even sure it's called "help"..I call it showing support, being useful, encouraging, and all that good stuff that a "teammate" is supposed to do, like Hamdan did for him and JP.
What did Trent do? He walked around on the sideline avoiding Fitz like it's Fitz's fault that he got to start. :cynic:

SABURZFAN
11-24-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm not even sure it's called "help"..I call it showing support, being useful, encouraging, and all that good stuff that a "teammate" is supposed to do, like Hamdan did for him and JP.
What did Trent do? He walked around on the sideline avoiding Fitz like it's Fitz's fault that he got to start. :cynic:

:yawn:

:z:

Vanilla Thunder
11-24-2009, 09:05 AM
lol @ the the posters with their heads up trents ass. the guy has sucked since he got hurt last year. if he can't get the job done he needs to be replaced, its that simple

mybills
11-24-2009, 09:28 AM
lol @ the the posters with their heads up trents ass.
yeah, especially this guy...
:lolpoint:
:yawn:

:z:

Typ0
11-24-2009, 10:36 AM
lol @ the the posters with their heads up trents ass. the guy has sucked since he got hurt last year. if he can't get the job done he needs to be replaced, its that simple

it's because he hasn't gotten the job done on the field though not because he "smiled during halftime".

Typ0
11-24-2009, 10:49 AM
If you don't think Fitz wanted Trent's help (despite the fact Trent has started twice as many games), and if you don't think Trent not helping is a deficiency, then why are you in this thread telling people they imagined it and shouldn't mind read? And then why did you follow that up with even more imaginative mind reading of your own?

:wtf:

Why am I not surprised you are one of the people that want to bash TE for smiling on the sidelines and where he sat?