PDA

View Full Version : The Bills are on the clock....

Mr. Cynical
11-22-2009, 07:41 PM
So, we're currently 6th...who would you take?

I'm not much of a college fb fan but I've heard that this year is full of really good QBs. Is that true? If so, who are they?

SABURZFAN
11-22-2009, 07:49 PM
they need a DT or OT with the #6 pick.

dannyek71
11-22-2009, 07:50 PM
We need a QB, OT, DT, LB

Joe Fo Sho
11-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Depends what we do in Free Agency. Assuming we do nothing, like usual, I'd have to take an OT. If there isn't one worth that pick (doubtful) then I'd take a QB if a good one is there. I don't have any idea what QBs are good and which ones suck, but after the Bills draft one, I can tell you which one will most likely suck.

TigerJ
11-22-2009, 08:11 PM
It also depends on the new coach and his philosophy. You can make a strong case for QB, but if the guy wants to run a 3-4 defense, I'm no sure we've got the linemen to run it. Maybe Stroud can play a NT in a 3-4, but I don't think he'd be ideal. Spencer Johnson can probably play DE. Maybe Stroud can too, but I'm not sure they would be starting caliber. I think the Bills need at least one pretty good OT from next year's draft.

Joe Fo Sho
11-22-2009, 08:21 PM
It also depends on the new coach and his philosophy. You can make a strong case for QB, but if the guy wants to run a 3-4 defense, I'm no sure we've got the linemen to run it. Maybe Stroud can play a NT in a 3-4, but I don't think he'd be ideal. Spencer Johnson can probably play DE. Maybe Stroud can too, but I'm not sure they would be starting caliber. I think the Bills need at least one pretty good OT from next year's draft.

Gotta agree with that. No matter who the new coach is or what his philosophy is, our O-Line blows. I think solidifying the O-Line will be priority number one if we bring in Shanahan.

tampabay25690
11-22-2009, 08:28 PM
By the way the QB class is not that strong.
We go LINE OL or DL best available...
OT would be great if OKUNG is there at 6

Block "O"
11-22-2009, 08:35 PM
lets draft Teb-Ho in the 6th round for FB

Joe Fo Sho
11-22-2009, 08:47 PM

I absolutely can not stand Tim Tebow, and it's mostly because he's such an upstanding citizen. He makes me mad.

I'm really interested in what happens to him in the NFL, though. The guy has more heart than the entire Bills team.

tampabay25690
11-22-2009, 08:48 PM

He will be gone way before that..

tampabay25690
11-22-2009, 08:50 PM
I absolutely can not stand Tim Tebow, and it's mostly because he's such an upstanding citizen. He makes me mad.

I'm really interested in what happens to him in the NFL, though. The guy has more heart than the entire Bills team.

Hating the player..
Hey you are seeing 1 of the best College players ever...
Your kids will say 1 day who was that Tim Tebow from Florida.....You wait and see....

The best thing I like is that he is a genuine player on and off the field and people hate him????? Just can't figure it out but if he was a thug everyone would Luv him huh...

Block "O"
11-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Hating the player..
Your kids will say 1 day who was that Tim Tebow from Florida.....You wait and see....

The best thing I like is that he is a genuine player on and off the field and people hate him????? Just can't figure it out but if he was a thug everyone would Luv him huh...

This could explain Brandon 'eye gouge' Spikes popularity? :scratch:

BillsWin
11-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Suh, Sam Bradford, Russell Okung, Dez Bryant, Jimmy Clausen, it all depends who is there. Suh and Bryant are my number one and two players in this draft respectfully. If either are there Id pick them. But Sam Bradford and Jimmy Clausen are both top QBs and at six, well worth it, in my opinion.

Jaybird
11-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Hating the player..

He's not an nfl quaterback. Thats why people hate

tampabay25690
11-22-2009, 08:57 PM
[QUOTE=Jaybird]He's not an nfl quaterback. Thats why people hate[/QUOTE

He will drafted as 1. Thanks for the insight mel Kiper

T-Long
11-22-2009, 09:38 PM
As of today, the Bills will be picking 5th. Here is how I see it going:

1. Cleveland: Jimmy Claussen QB Notre Dame
2. St. Louis: Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma
3. Tampa Bay: Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska
4. Detroit: Russell Okung OT OK State
5. Buffalo: Jake Locker QB Washington

Although these QB's haven't been locks for these picks, teams are desperate for "their" guy. Mangini will want it, Spagnolo will want it, and (insert Bills HC name here) will want it.

tampabay25690
11-22-2009, 09:45 PM
As of today, the Bills will be picking 5th. Here is how I see it going:

1. Cleveland: Jimmy Claussen QB Notre Dame
2. St. Louis: Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma
3. Tampa Bay: Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska
4. Detroit: Russell Okung OT OK State
5. Buffalo: Jake Locker QB Washington

Although these QB's haven't been locks for these picks, teams are desperate for "their" guy. Mangini will want it, Spagnolo will want it, and (insert Bills HC name here) will want it.

T Long I would be THRILLED if we got Locker but I see Locker the 1st QB taken off the board..

YoungEz
11-22-2009, 09:50 PM
Ryan Mallet or best lineman

Ingtar33
11-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Locker and Clausen aren't 1st round talents... Bradford... (assuming he recovers) is a mid to high first round talent...

That doesn't mean those guys won't go in round 1. that just means you're taking a massive risk in round 1 with a QB who's probably on par with JP Losman or Kyle Boller

I would like to see which juniors are declaring and how Hiller works out before ranking the QB prospects this year... but this looks like a pretty poor qb class.

Joe Fo Sho
11-22-2009, 11:25 PM
Hating the player..

I can't stand him because he's such a good guy, I just don't believe that anyone can actually be that nice and willing to help others. Plus women throw themselves at him constantly, and he can't take advantage of them...

Maybe it all boils down to his religious beliefs. I can't stand religion.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-22-2009, 11:27 PM
Ryan Mallet or best lineman

What are you smoking? Ryan Mallet at 6?????????????????

clumping platelets
11-22-2009, 11:34 PM
You win in the trenches............OT or DT

kernowboy
11-23-2009, 12:44 AM
Bruce Campbell of Maryland who might be the best LT coming out since Jonathan Ogden

Michael82
11-23-2009, 02:24 AM
We're getting closer to where we gotta be to draft Sam Bradford... :pray:

TacklingDummy
11-23-2009, 03:10 AM
The Bills should draft another project to go along side McFumbles and Maybin.

Scumbag College
11-23-2009, 06:10 AM
Trade down. Too many holes on this team. They need all the good young players they can get in here.

kernowboy
11-23-2009, 06:23 AM
We shouldnt trade down from R1 - we need to get an elite LT

However we could trade down from R2 and get a 3rd and a 4th opposite to the deal we did with Dallas last draft

X-Era
11-23-2009, 06:54 AM
Its late November and were running threads like this!

I love it!

This years draft is gonna be intriguing.

Ill give you a surprise.

If we land Shanny, he loves to have a stable of RB's... maybe Spiller at 6?

Id be happy with any of the following at 6:

Okung
Suh
Derrick Morgan
Dez Bryant
Sam Bradford
Carlos Dunlap

Id be surprised but not unhappy with:

Eric Berry
Jake Locker
Jimmy Clausen
Trent Williams
Bruce Campbell
Gerald McCoy

Its too early for me to commit, this is just an off the top of my head list.

Buddo
11-23-2009, 07:34 AM

I love it!

Ill give you a surprise.

Okung
Suh
Derrick Morgan
Dez Bryant
Sam Bradford
Carlos Dunlap

Eric Berry
Jake Locker
Jimmy Clausen
Trent Williams
Bruce Campbell
Gerald McCoy

I don't think we specifically need another RB atm, certainly not a high pick.
OT should be priority #1.

CoolBreeze
11-23-2009, 07:46 AM
TERRENCE CODY NG/DT ALABAMA

THATHURMANATOR
11-23-2009, 07:52 AM
What are you smoking? Ryan Mallet at 6?????????????????
Is Mallet even a Senior?

kernowboy
11-23-2009, 11:28 AM

I love it!

Ill give you a surprise.

Okung
Suh
Derrick Morgan
Dez Bryant
Sam Bradford
Carlos Dunlap

Eric Berry
Jake Locker
Jimmy Clausen
Trent Williams
Bruce Campbell
Gerald McCoy

I wouldn't touch Dunlap - for me he has football character issues i.e. sometimes he simply cannot be bothered.

I think Top10 is too high for Morgan and as I want us to seriously look at going to the 3-4 wonder how he would fit