PDA

View Full Version : Player Bio for Mike Houghton OT

LouGrant
09-02-2002, 11:54 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2002/profiles/houghton_michael.htm

[The Zone] Houghton was the Packer's 6th rd choice (200th overall) in this season's draft from San Diego State Univ.
PositivesHard worker with impressive raw power … Excellent in-line blocker who uses his strength to wall off the defender as a trap blocker … Very fluid moving in reverse, showing the lateral agility to easily slide out to neutralize linebackers upfield … Has very quick hands and delivers a punishing punch coming out of his stance.
NegativesWaist-bender who appears very stiff in his upfield movements … His raw power in the weight room does not translate to the field … Limited area blocker who lacks balance at the point of attack …

LABillsFan
09-03-2002, 02:36 AM
Coming from SDSU he's played in a conference that historically been pass happy, it would be nice if he could help protect DB.

LABillsFan
09-03-2002, 03:46 AM
I just read his bio and wonder how Ryan Denny feels about making Houghton's highlight reel.

SABURZFAN
09-03-2002, 05:11 AM
convert this guy into a DT.his power ought to cause some kind of disruption.

TigerJ
09-03-2002, 12:02 PM
I had wondered who he was and why some labeled him an OT and others a G. He sounds pretty athletic, a guy who just needs to fix some technique problems. Of course we all know what an outstanding teacher Ronnie Vinklarek is. Oh well, maybe Ruben Brown can teach him how not to hold. Wait scratch that. How about Jerry Ostroski? No. He's gone now. Frankly, I'm not sure how he can get better, but somehow maybe it'll happen.

Earthquake Enyart
09-03-2002, 12:16 PM
I hate waist benders.

DraftBoy
09-03-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
convert this guy into a DT.his power ought to cause some kind of disruption.

The bio saod his raw power is in the weight room, and does not translate onto the field