PDA

View Full Version : Loss today was huge in terms of draft position

BuffaloBlitz83
11-22-2009, 11:49 PM
Oakland, Detroit, and KC all won. Hopefully Tennessee beat Houston tomorrow too.
That would put Tennessee at 4-6. Oakland, KC are now 3-7 tied with us. Detroit is a tad closer to us now at 2-8. We play KC in a few weeks.

Looking at schedule this is how I forcast the draft order based on remainder of schedule.

1. Cle- cin, sd, pit, kc, oak, jax
2. St Louis- sea, chi, tenn, hou, ari, sf
3. Detroit- gb, cin, balt, ari, sf, chi
4. TB- saints, atl, car, jets, sea, saints
5. Buff- mia, jets, kc, pats, atl, colts
6. Oak- dal, pitt, wash, den, cle, balt
7. Washington- philly, saints, oak, giants, dal, sd
8. KC- sd, den, buf, cle, cin, den
9. Sea- rams, sf, hou, tb, gb, tenn
10. Tenn- hou, ari, indy, rams, mia, sd, sea

The only game I see us possibly winning is the jets game. But I still am not too sure. Only reason is Sanchez. I feel KC is better than us right now. Keep it up guys and we'll pick 5!!!

PromoTheRobot
11-22-2009, 11:52 PM
Too bad we are going to win our last 6 games.

PTR

BillsWin
11-22-2009, 11:58 PM
If we pick five I can almost guarantee us picking a QB. You just can't pass on a franchise QB when in that kind of position to draft one. At five, Clausen or Bradford "should" be there. I guess it all depends on whether or not Brohm shows potential, and how we address the lines in free agency.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-23-2009, 12:13 AM
If we pick five I can almost guarantee us picking a QB. You just can't pass on a franchise QB when in that kind of position to draft one. At five, Clausen or Bradford "should" be there. I guess it all depends on whether or not Brohm shows potential, and how we address the lines in free agency.

There is no franchise QB in this draft. At 5, you take Suh or Okung, end of story! The trenches.

Ingtar33
11-23-2009, 12:31 AM
There is no franchise QB in this draft. At 5, you take Suh or Okung, end of story! The trenches.

yep... Bradford is a "maybe" on the franchise QB question. Clausen is absolutely not one at this time.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-23-2009, 12:33 AM
I rather draft a QB in round 2 and roll with Brohm next season. See which guy rises, the rookie or Brohm.

BillsWin
11-23-2009, 12:33 AM
Suh is the best player in the draft and Okung is the best LT. They will be off the board at five and in that scenario, QB may just be the way to go. Or you can always trade down, take a different LT and add the extra pick or two.

BillsWin
11-23-2009, 12:36 AM
That is IF the Bills brass is not sold on a QB like Bradford or Clausen. Which you dont know. We are fans, we have no say. Of course LT is a good pick, but we have lacked a QB for so long that it may just be time to pick one high.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-23-2009, 12:45 AM
I can see Okung dropping to 6. I can see these guys in no particular order going before him.

Locker, Bradford, Suh, Gerald Mccoy, Berry, Dez Bryant, Clausen

BertSquirtgum
11-23-2009, 12:47 AM
i just want to win two more games this year. no matter how unlikely it is. the miami game and the patriots game.

kernowboy
11-23-2009, 12:48 AM
Suh is the best player in the draft and Okung is the best LT. They will be off the board at five and in that scenario, QB may just be the way to go. Or you can always trade down, take a different LT and add the extra pick or two.

Come the draft Russell Okung may NOT be the best LT. Bruce Campbell of Maryland is rising rapidly and some think he has a higher ceiling than Okung. Okung has only played LT this season, whilst Campbell has more experience under his belt at the position despite being a junior.

paladin warrior
11-23-2009, 12:50 AM
I rather have New QB because If T.Edward get hurt and if his head is really bad dizzy and he mighy end his carrer.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-23-2009, 12:58 AM
Come the draft Russell Okung may NOT be the best LT. Bruce Campbell of Maryland is rising rapidly and some think he has a higher ceiling than Okung. Okung has only played LT this season, whilst Campbell has more experience under his belt at the position despite being a junior.

Don't forget about Trent Williams

TacklingDummy
11-23-2009, 03:18 AM
Let's wait another year to draft a QB. :crazy:

Next year already looks exciting if the Bills don't draft a QB. :ill:

kernowboy
11-23-2009, 06:10 AM
Don't forget about Trent Williams

I've seen several saying Williams is the best RT, but many are questionining whether he can play LT in the NFL.

At the moment for me, the top 4 LT are

1a. Russell Okung, Oklahoma St
1b. Bruce Campbell, Maryland
3 Bryan Bulaga, Iowa
4 Charles Brown, USC

X-Era
11-23-2009, 06:25 AM
I've seen several saying Williams is the best RT, but many are questionining whether he can play LT in the NFL.

At the moment for me, the top 4 LT are

1a. Russell Okung, Oklahoma St
1b. Bruce Campbell, Maryland
3 Bryan Bulaga, Iowa
4 Charles Brown, USC

Ive seen the questions on his ability to play LT.

I went back and watched the Nebraska game. Trent isn't as quick as Okung or Campbell, but he still is plenty mobile. I really think he could play either side.

DieHrdBillsFan23
11-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Do what Jacksonville did last year, draft 2 Tackles, your LT in round 1 and your RT in round 2.

X-Era
11-23-2009, 10:48 AM
Do what Jacksonville did last year, draft 2 Tackles, your LT in round 1 and your RT in round 2.

I dont disgaree with this.

However, you realize that means your likely to start at least one.

So, Bell, Scott, Meredith, and Butler should all be benched?

DieHrdBillsFan23
11-23-2009, 11:16 AM
Butler is the only one that in my opinion that deserves a starting job. I dont believe bell meredith or scott has done anything to warrant a start. They have been called for more penalties and allowed more sacks than wood levitre and hangarntner which right now are our 3 best linemen.

SabreEleven
11-23-2009, 12:08 PM
or we can just stay status quo and get a cornerback...

ddaryl
11-23-2009, 12:13 PM
That is IF the Bills brass is not sold on a QB like Bradford or Clausen. Which you dont know. We are fans, we have no say. Of course LT is a good pick, but we have lacked a QB for so long that it may just be time to pick one high.

It is safe to say that if the Bills are sold on a player then it is the worng choice

Just look at how Erik Flowers... umm I mean Maybin has looked so far...

We have so many needs we simply take the very best player that is not a DB a RB or a WR at #5 IMO

DL , OL , LB and QB are options, but the QB's coming out are apparently not that much to get excited about, and we can't afford not to come up with an immediate impact player with our 1st rd pick like we did last year.

Nighthawk
11-23-2009, 12:16 PM
Keep losing...it only benefits this team for next year!