• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

Peyton Manning in 1998

Threw a league high 28 interceptions and compiled a 3-13 record.

Thank God he didn't play for the Bills because we would have benched him and then ultimately replaced him.

I'm not saying Trent is Peyton. But i'm saying over the past 10 years, we give a new QB one year to produce, sometimes not even 16 full games, before we start thinking about moving on. Once a seed of doubt is put in a QB, you can forget them getting their confidence back.

Eli Manning's W/L
    Year 1 = 1-6
    Year 2 = 11-5
    Year 3 = 8-8

If he played for the Bills, he wouldn't have made it out of his first year, or he would have been benched his 3rd year, and year 4 would have never happened.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

• trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Peyton Manning in 1998

Regardless of trent's struggles, it seems that the bills consistently refuse to address the OL. They put trent behind the worst line in this 10 year run and expected magic.

he didn't produce, but he didn't give us any "oh, he's getting it, he needs time" moments. He gave us, "this is pretty much all he has, check down, checkdown, checkdown." The other QB's who matured through a process had moments or flashes of brillance. Those flashes of brilliance in trent disappeared after the San Diego game last year. No one knows why.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by imbondz
      He also threw 26 Touchdowns.

I want a QB who's not afraid to throw the ball.

Comment

• Owen DeBoard
        • Sep 2007

There hasnt been a qb on this team for the last ten years that has had a good O-line, wheather its been Drew, J P, Trent, or Fitzpatrick. So im not making any excuse for Trent because when he has had time to throw the ball he still checks it down.
        To be the man you got to beat the man!

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

I disagree, Bondz. Most fans here realize most QBs need some time to develop.
          Speaking for myself, I gave JPUFL and Trent until their third year playing before giving up on them. That's a reasonable time period. The few exceptions who are late bloomers do not justify waiting longer than that.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I think you're confusing a couple of concepts here. It's not just a lack of production. It's a complete lack of progress. Both Trent and JP were give significant portions of three seasons. At the end, they looked just as bad as they did at the beginning. They never grew or developed, and I'd even say that Trent regressed.

Granted, it's not entirely their fault. They have poor coaching and played behind terrible o lines. But they never even showed improvement, and none of the qb's we dropped went on to be successful elsewhere. The problem isn't giving up on qb's. The problem is that we suck at both finding and developing talent, particularly at qb.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

If a QB is the real deal, by his third year he should be finding ways to make up for the deficiencies around him and make other players look better.
              But if they're still 100 percent dependent on everyone else, and everything has to be perfect for them to succeed, then they're not the answer.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

Oh, I guess Trent is still a rookie?
                "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• imbondz
                  Democrats are people too
                  • Jan 2003

I guess my point is that we always blame the QB, but no QB would flourish in the broken system we have.
                  My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

how many OCs and OL players have these qb's gone through?

Afer watching Fitz go for 297 yards. I can say now that Dick held this O back with his play not to lose philosophy and it affected the qb's being able to just play like football players.
                    Last edited by justasportsfan; 11-23-2009, 09:38 AM.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Philagape
                      WIN NOW
                      • Jul 2002

I guess my point is that we always blame the QB, but no QB would flourish in the broken system we have.
                      But we can still see things that he alone does. We can see how he reacts to adversity, how he adjusts, and the quality of his throws and decisions.
                      If he's on a bad offense, then it's up to him to take advantage of the few times when he has an opportunity to make a play.
                      A QB has choices on every play, and even if all the choices aren't good, there are still right ones and wrong ones.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
                        Oh, I guess Trent is still a rookie?
                        Sure why not, JP was a 4th year rookie, might as well apply that to Trent also.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                          • Apr 2003

Thank God he didn't play for the Bills because we would have benched him and then ultimately replaced him.

I'm not saying Trent is Peyton. But i'm saying over the past 10 years, we give a new QB one year to produce, sometimes not even 16 full games, before we start thinking about moving on. Once a seed of doubt is put in a QB, you can forget them getting their confidence back.

Eli Manning's W/L
                          Year 1 = 1-6
                          Year 2 = 11-5
                          Year 3 = 8-8

If he played for the Bills, he wouldn't have made it out of his first year, or he would have been benched his 3rd year, and year 4 would have never happened.

give it up trent was never good never a winner on any level except HS

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

Put Fitz's brain in Trent's body and I'll let Trent back on the field.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                              • Feb 2005

The Peyton Manning argument is invalid.

The guy threw for almost 4,000 yards his rookie year and threw 26 TD passes. According to NFL.com, he was only sacked 22 times.

Did you actually watch him play his rookie season?? Stats are misleading. The guy played damn good for a Rookie.

Comment

Working...
                              X