SF- Alex Boone (Ohio St)

Vets:

Kendall Simmons

ParanoidAndroid
11-23-2009, 10:12 AM
Canfield would be one to look at.

DraftBoy
11-23-2009, 10:36 AM
What lists are you using for practice squads?

I have issues finding constantly updated PS lists myself.

I wouldn't mind giving Canfield a look.

DBrown77
11-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Canfield would be one to look at.give us some insight if you know of him

DraftBoy
11-23-2009, 10:44 AM
Strengths:
-Run blocking
-Smart
-Aggressive
-Agility

Weakness:
-Character
-Pass Protection
-Strength
-Technique

He's a raw player but shows good heart and has that nasty streak you love in an OL. He was charged with assault for hitting another man in the head with a glass but the charges were dropped but it still raises red flags. He's a better pulling OG than a road grading one, but he has the ability to sustain at the Point of Attack, as long as he can stop getting too high.

Great prospect potentially, I wanted us to grab him mid rounds last year.

psubills62
11-23-2009, 11:40 AM
Strengths:
-Run blocking
-Smart
-Aggressive
-Agility

Weakness:
-Character
-Pass Protection
-Strength
-Technique

He's a raw player but shows good heart and has that nasty streak you love in an OL. He was charged with assault for hitting another man in the head with a glass but the charges were dropped but it still raises red flags. He's a better pulling OG than a road grading one, but he has the ability to sustain at the Point of Attack, as long as he can stop getting too high.

Great prospect potentially, I wanted us to grab him mid rounds last year.

Doesn't that make him a good fit for our offense? Considering we supposedly are building around athletic OL that do a good job with the stretch plays and screen passes?

DraftBoy
11-23-2009, 11:42 AM
Doesn't that make him a good fit for our offense? Considering we supposedly are building around athletic OL that do a good job with the stretch plays and screen passes?

Potentially but with a new coach and scheme he may not fit in. He would be a bad choice in a power running game type style, which is what Shanny runs.

PECKERWOOD
11-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Canfield would be a good choice.

Mahdi
11-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Potentially but with a new coach and scheme he may not fit in. He would be a bad choice in a power running game type style, which is what Shanny runs.
Shanny runs a zone blocking run game.

X-Era
11-23-2009, 12:00 PM

Love that scheme by the way, gives the RB lots of option to pick his hole and makes plays like boot legs deadly.

DraftBoy
11-23-2009, 12:03 PM

Yes he does, I got confused for a minute with another discussion I was having. Thank you for the correction.

Mahdi
11-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Love that scheme by the way, gives the RB lots of option to pick his hole and makes plays like boot legs deadly.
If the rumors are true and we get Shanny and Vick we would have everything in place to run the offense Shannahan likes to run. Not quite on the pass game side of things but we wouldn't need to pass very often with Vick at his best and the zone run game rolling.

Zone blocking run game requires the faster, lighter, more athletic OLmen which is exactly what we have, at least 2 good RBs, Jackson might be more suited for the zone blocking but Lynch can do some serious damage with that type of scheme also.

The Vick angle gives us that backside bootleg all day. Once you can establish that stretch play for the RBs the backside is exposed and a QB like Vick can exploit that.

I would also expect a QB to be drafted high as well.

BertSquirtgum
11-23-2009, 12:34 PM
can't we pick up some of the ufl guys this week? they have to be better than a practice squad guy. they are at least in game shape.

kernowboy
11-23-2009, 04:35 PM
Other options

A Q Shipley, Pittsburgh, C (move Hangartner to G)
Cecil Newton, Jacksonville, C
Roy Schuening, Oakland G
Gerald Cadogan, San Diego G
Joe Toledo, San Diego G
James Marten, Chicago, G/T
Kirk Barton, San Francisco G/T

Ickybaluky
11-23-2009, 06:21 PM
The Patriots have Ryan Wendell, who played OG and C in training camp, but is probably a better fit as a C.

He actually made the team out of training camp, but was cut and signed to the PS after week 2. The Patriots re-signed him to their PS, paying him double what a normal PS player would make (something they have done before, and in every case the guy eventually was added to the roster when space became available). He played at Fresno State and is a little undersized (6-2, 285#), and I think they are hoping he can get bigger with some pro conditioning. He is supposed to be a smart guy who has solid technique, and he did play well enough to make the team out of camp.

The Pats have done a good job developing OL, as Danta Scarnechhia is one of the best OL coaches in the NFL. Wendell is a guy the Pats eventually plan on adding to their team, and I'm not sure he would leave because they have an arrangement. However, given the Bills needs they should give it a shot.

X-Era
11-23-2009, 06:22 PM
The Patriots have Ryan Wendell, who played OG and C in training camp, but is probably a better fit as a C.

He actually made the team out of training camp, but was cut and signed to the PS after week 2. The Patriots re-signed him to their PS, paying him double what a normal PS player would make (something they have done before, and in every case the guy eventually was added to the roster when space became available). He played at Fresno State and is a little undersized (6-2, 285#), and I think they are hoping he can get bigger with some pro conditioning. He is supposed to be a smart guy who has solid technique, and he did play well enough to make the team out of camp.

The Pats have done a good job developing OL, as Danta Scarnechhia is one of the best OL coaches in the NFL. Wendell is a guy the Pats eventually plan on adding to their team, and I'm not sure he would leave because they have an arrangement. However, given the Bills needs they should give it a shot.

Quit trying to give us you crappy players, we already bit on Bledsoe and Milloy :up:

casdhf
11-23-2009, 06:28 PM
We actually have a great base to an OL that Shannahan would like. Athletic guys are a must.

Ickybaluky
11-23-2009, 06:56 PM
Quit trying to give us you crappy players, we already bit on Bledsoe and Milloy :up:

Wendell is a guy the Pats actually want to keep. Bledsoe and Milloy were guys the Pats got rid of.

ParanoidAndroid
11-23-2009, 08:22 PM
Other options

A Q Shipley, Pittsburgh, C (move Hangartner to G)
Cecil Newton, Jacksonville, C
Roy Schuening, Oakland G
Gerald Cadogan, San Diego G
Joe Toledo, San Diego G
James Marten, Chicago, G/T
Kirk Barton, San Francisco G/T

Cadogan and Toledo... both SD guys, I'd look at as well.

Throne Logic
11-23-2009, 10:59 PM

Do we have a solid OL philosophy? With all the changes, how could we?

NFL franchise seeking a large man who is physically able to stand up wearing NFL pads and a uniform. Ability to block would be preferred but is not a requirement for consideration.