PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Wood out 8 to 9 months

X-Era
11-23-2009, 11:53 AM
From this link:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=17&f=2759&t=5171730

Posted: Yesterday 10:30 PM
Re: Eric Wood Breaks Leg - Video http://media.scout.com/media/forums/scout2/star_50.gif (4 votes)

<hr>Just got a text from his girlfriend.

His surgery was successful and he is now in recovery.

His agent told us that he looks to be out 8-9 months.

Will keep board posted when I hear some more news

Mahdi
11-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Hopefully back for Training Camp.

Jaybird
11-23-2009, 11:58 AM
wish him the best of luck, and a speedy recovery

justasportsfan
11-23-2009, 12:03 PM
He's young. He'll heal fast.

ddaryl
11-23-2009, 12:03 PM
SO at best he makes it in time for training camp

Words cannot describe how kicked in the nuts Bills fans must feel after watching a sub par OL get gutted to only see that gutted sub par OL lose so many players in less then 3/4 of a season and too only see one of the bright spots get carted off...

I have come to the conclusion that Ralph Wilson has some real ugly skeletons in his closet and karma is dealing his hand... unfortunately we're forced to ride along.... I come to this conclusion cause I cannot think of one thing Buffalonians/Bills fans themselves have done to deserve such a ball kicking. Sure we've had some unpleasant incidences, but nothing different from the many towns that have won championships....

DMBcrew36
11-23-2009, 12:04 PM
I feel like I saw him just yesterday at Garden Park with his girlfriend, singing kareoke. Hopefully he recovers well - what a nasty nasty injury.

Ingtar33
11-23-2009, 12:55 PM
8 to 9 months means it was a pretty bad break with some pretty screwed up damage to the rest of the leg...

trapezeus
11-23-2009, 12:58 PM
8-9 weeks he is football ready, or he is just coming off rehab and we have to see where he is then?

DMBcrew36
11-23-2009, 01:00 PM
8-9 weeks he is football ready, or he is just coming off rehab and we have to see where he is then?

Months, and it's too far away to know for sure.

X-Era
11-23-2009, 01:00 PM

months not weeks

bflojohn
11-23-2009, 01:23 PM
I envision a very aggressive Eric Wood recovery, can anyone NOT see him destroying physical therapy equipment left and right as soon as he is able? If my guess is right, he'll be the starting center/ right guard of this team for the long haul. Just saying!! My bet is quicker than 8 to 9 months.

yordad
11-23-2009, 01:35 PM
SO at best he makes it in time for training camp

Words cannot describe how kicked in the nuts Bills fans must feel after watching a sub par OL get gutted to only see that gutted sub par OL lose so many players in less then 3/4 of a season and too only see one of the bright spots get carted off...

I have come to the conclusion that Ralph Wilson has some real ugly skeletons in his closet and karma is dealing his hand... unfortunately we're forced to ride along.... I come to this conclusion cause I cannot think of one thing Buffalonians/Bills fans themselves have done to deserve such a ball kicking. Sure we've had some unpleasant incidences, but nothing different from the many towns that have won championships....It's cuz they built the stadium on a cemetery.

WeAreArthurMoates
11-23-2009, 01:58 PM
I envision a very aggressive Eric Wood recovery, can anyone NOT see him destroying physical therapy equipment left and right as soon as he is able? If my guess is right, he'll be the starting center/ right guard of this team for the long haul. Just saying!! My bet is quicker than 8 to 9 months.

I totally agree and feel the same exact way. Wood will be 100% by training camp. His desire, work ethic and love of football is too great for him not to be ready by the opener of next year.

DMBcrew36
11-23-2009, 02:17 PM
I totally agree and feel the same exact way. Wood will be 100% by training camp. His desire, work ethic and love of football is too great for him not to be ready by the opener of next year.

I'm sorry but I can't help but laugh at this. What player DOESN'T want to get back to 100%. We're talking about these guys' jobs and livelihoods. Nearly all players will work their asses off to get back as soon as they can.

psubills62
11-23-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm sorry but I can't help but laugh at this. What player DOESN'T want to get back to 100%. We're talking about these guys' jobs and livelihoods. Nearly all players will work their asses off to get back as soon as they can.

Not so sure about that. With some players, if they have a multi-year contract ahead of them, why rush things? There have been some examples of players not coming back fast from injuries, Matt Roth being a recent example.

I could see it being faster than 8-9 months, but realistically he'll have to take a while to recover nonetheless.

trapezeus
11-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Months, and it's too far away to know for sure.
sorry typo on my part. but after 8-9 months is he definitely ready to be back on the field, or will there have to be a wait and let see where you are week to week prognosis?

Dr. Pepper
11-23-2009, 03:01 PM

sadly, i disagree completely.

mikemac2001
11-23-2009, 03:26 PM
SO pissed about this bull****

Scumbag College
11-23-2009, 05:24 PM
Hardy had the same type of injury and he isn't back yet. It doesn't make me very optimistic about Wood in 2010. Maybe Green Bay has some more good OLs on their practice squad that can start here next year.

theanswer74
11-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Hardy had the same type of injury and he isn't back yet. It doesn't make me very optimistic about Wood in 2010. Maybe Green Bay has some more good OLs on their practice squad that can start here next year.
Hardy is a WR who tore his ACL. Big difference. Plus he was ready in August but the Bills had extra time with the T.O. signing.

As long as there are no complications with the healing, he will be kicking butt in camp by August.

Luisito23
11-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Figures that our best, and most promising rookie has the worst injury of the year.

DMBcrew36
11-23-2009, 07:26 PM
Not so sure about that. With some players, if they have a multi-year contract ahead of them, why rush things? There have been some examples of players not coming back fast from injuries, Matt Roth being a recent example.

I could see it being faster than 8-9 months, but realistically he'll have to take a while to recover nonetheless.

I'm just saying, other players shouldn't be given such little credit, while Wood shouldn't be labeled as the hardest working player ever. None of us know these guys - we just assume things.

PECKERWOOD
11-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Figures that our best, and most promising rookie has the worst injury of the year.

Just like Hardy.

justasportsfan
11-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Thats a long time to be without Wood. Levitre should help.

PECKERWOOD
11-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Thats a long time to be without Wood. Levitre should help.

Too bad Levitre can't help Wood with his limp leg.

Goobylal
11-23-2009, 08:55 PM
He won't be out nearly that long. Barring any setbacks.

BertSquirtgum
11-24-2009, 12:48 AM
this should make some of you guys feel better. i think he'll be back for when practice starts.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4682873