PDA

View Full Version : Wood and McKinney done for the year

homeslice5484
11-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Do we have any lineman left?

trapezeus
11-23-2009, 11:56 AM
better question is if t here are any guys in the 280lb+ range on the boards....this is your chance to be an NFL star...and to get billszone.com more contacts on the inside.

just don't jump offsides or we'll totally abandon you

Jaybird
11-23-2009, 11:57 AM
Do we have any lineman left?
of course we do!

The team will move Roscoe inside. He once played LT in his backyard as a child

patmoran2006
11-23-2009, 12:01 PM
Story

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/11/bills-lose-wood-and-mckinney-for-season-with-injuries/

ddaryl
11-23-2009, 12:06 PM
We have been reduced to a bigger joke then what we already were...

I just want to know when the joke starts to get funny

trapezeus
11-23-2009, 12:07 PM
it'll get funny when we lose all top coaching/gm prospects....it'll be high-larious then.

HHURRICANE
11-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Bad Players + Inexperience = Lot's of injuries.

BertSquirtgum
11-23-2009, 12:19 PM
we're ****ed

MikeInRoch
11-23-2009, 12:20 PM
We have been reduced to a bigger joke then what we already were...

I just want to know when the joke starts to get funny

Taking an unfortunate amount of injuries doesn't make a team a "joke".

Mike in Syracuse
11-23-2009, 12:23 PM
Bad Players + Inexperience = Lot's of injuries.

Yeah, good thing the experienced vets on the good teams never get hurt!

Bad and/or inexperienced players are far more likely to hurt someone else than themselves.

IAG
11-23-2009, 12:34 PM
What will the O-line from left to right now look like?

homeslice5484
11-23-2009, 12:36 PM
Bell - Levitre - Hang - Chambers - Scott

Gaddis gets called up from the practice squad to be a backup.
We sign a FA tackle to be a swing tackle...how about Terrance Pennington from a few years back, he was ok.

trapezeus
11-23-2009, 12:57 PM
Are injuries on the OL a function of poor play? Wood's injury was due to a collapsing pocket and diving DL trying to make a sack. Perhaps if we could form a pocket consistently, our QB's get comfortable in there and make the play. Wood was blocking his guy properly, but the rest of the line fell apart causing Fitz to attempt to run before he shovelled it to reed.

If Fitz could have just stood back and delivered, perhaps wood would be fine right now.

Other injuries to the OL might just be from being over matched.

Point being, do better OL players reduce the number of injuries on the OL?

ddaryl
11-23-2009, 01:02 PM
Taking an unfortunate amount of injuries doesn't make a team a "joke".

...but as I said it makes this team a bigger joke then it already was... Do you want to argue that this team wasn't a joke to start the season ? You do understand that I never coorelated injuries with us being a joke, just that the amount of injuries has made us a bigger joke

and this "unfortunate" amount of injuries has plagued this team the last few years....

sdbillsfan2
11-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Story

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/11/bills-lose-wood-and-mckinney-for-season-with-injuries/

Take no offense Pat, I really do like your site , but can't you just post a thing or two here rather then us having to go to the site every time? I wonder how many (maybe only a few ) don't want to keep link jumping back and forth.
Like I said this isn't a criticism just an observation.

on the subject , next years OL FA pick ups/ draft picks are going to hold OBD hostage to come here. We're going to be desperate to field anything better then what we have ..lol

Buckets
11-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Hey!! look at it this way at least were gettig to look at a lot of different talent as they pass through on there way to IR. If this wern't so depressing it would be hillarious.

HHURRICANE
11-23-2009, 03:12 PM
Are injuries on the OL a function of poor play? Wood's injury was due to a collapsing pocket and diving DL trying to make a sack. Perhaps if we could form a pocket consistently, our QB's get comfortable in there and make the play. Wood was blocking his guy properly, but the rest of the line fell apart causing Fitz to attempt to run before he shovelled it to reed.

If Fitz could have just stood back and delivered, perhaps wood would be fine right now.

Other injuries to the OL might just be from being over matched.

Point being, do better OL players reduce the number of injuries on the OL?

We have a winner!!! All of the above!!! Wood got hurt because the rest of the line sucks.

mikemac2001
11-23-2009, 03:31 PM
Take no offense Pat, I really do like your site , but can't you just post a thing or two here rather then us having to go to the site every time? I wonder how many (maybe only a few ) don't want to keep link jumping back and forth.
Like I said this isn't a criticism just an observation.

on the subject , next years OL FA pick ups/ draft picks are going to hold OBD hostage to come here. We're going to be desperate to field anything better then what we have ..lol

well he probably wants the hits, which is fine but i rarely click his links not becuase i don;t like what he writes just i see it as trying to get site hits

TigerJ
11-23-2009, 04:02 PM
The Bills no doubt have a board, much like a draft board, with players at every position. It will include veterans who have been active recently enough not to have become completely out of shape and young players they have cut and who are on other teams' practice squads. It is likely that they have had workouts with a number of the veteran linemen out there and know what kind of shape they're in. Thae odds are that they won't find anyone who is as good as the guys who went down, which is to say they may not be much more than warm bodies, but at least they can line up with something.

It will be a matter of going to the top of their board and starting to make phone calls.

ParanoidAndroid
11-23-2009, 06:43 PM
The good news is, we have pretty much hit rock bottom. Nowhere to go but up!