View Full Version : If the draft were held today, Buffalo would pick #6

homeslice5484
11-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Who do you take?

One draft site has us taking

BUFFALO BILLS: RUSSELL OKUNG, OT, OKLAHOMA STATE

Pinkerton Security
11-23-2009, 01:11 PM
If we do not draft either a QB or OL im going to be severly disappointed..

homeslice5484
11-23-2009, 01:13 PM
I think the popular QB's will be gone before us...and there arent many first round qbs this year in my opinion.

psubills62
11-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Okung is good. I'd also be looking at Gerald McCoy.

Pinkerton Security
11-23-2009, 01:41 PM
I think the popular QB's will be gone before us...and there arent many first round qbs this year in my opinion.

who will be our QB next year then? I want a QB who has all the tools, not some guy slated for the 2nd or 3rd round that "might be a gem"...

homeslice5484
11-23-2009, 01:49 PM
I dunno....I just started really watching college football closely and reading online now that college football is getting closer to ending.

I do like Mallet and Dan LeFevour...not really that high on these popular guys from these big schools. I would like to see Brohm play the last few games just to see him. Hey, anything can happen.

Akhippo
11-23-2009, 01:51 PM
QB is a sticking point. Do you want a QB in the first round just to get a QB in the first round. Just for the record I want a franchise QB, but not one that doesnt fit the conditions or would be a second round pick against a good class.

Ill let the offseason weed out the QBs before i get jumpy for one of them. If not a QB then either Suh, McCoy, Okung and I will be happy.

kernowboy
11-23-2009, 01:53 PM
If Okung goes to Detroit then Bruce Campbell is a more than acceptable runner up prize at LT

jamesiscool
11-23-2009, 01:59 PM
I would to have anyone on this team with the name BRUCE CAMPBELL

Ed
11-23-2009, 02:15 PM
who will be our QB next year then? I want a QB who has all the tools, not some guy slated for the 2nd or 3rd round that "might be a gem"...
I would let Fitzy, Brohm and whoever else we bring in compete for the job. We all want to see the Bills land a franchise qb, but the truth of the matter is that that guy may not be there this year in the draft. We can't afford to make a bad pick out of desperation just because we really want a new qb.

Pinkerton Security
11-23-2009, 02:21 PM
I would let Fitzy, Brohm and whoever else we bring in compete for the job. We all want to see the Bills land a franchise qb, but the truth of the matter is that that guy may not be there this year in the draft. We can't afford to make a bad pick out of desperation just because we really want a new qb.

I guess i shouldnt say we HAVE to draft a QB, but can we really pass on Bradford if he's sitting there? He does have question marks but every player does, and Bradford is one of the most productive QB's in college FB and has been for a couple years, same with McCoy. I really am not sold on Locker at all, or with Snead either, they seem to be the "prototypical" QB specimens, yet are pretty inconsistent and raw. I guess what I'm saying is that the Bills need to draft the perfect QB!!!! Easier said than done..:help!:

kernowboy
11-23-2009, 02:27 PM
I guess i shouldnt say we HAVE to draft a QB, but can we really pass on Bradford if he's sitting there? He does have question marks but every player does, and Bradford is one of the most productive QB's in college FB and has been for a couple years, same with McCoy. I really am not sold on Locker at all, or with Snead either, they seem to be the "prototypical" QB specimens, yet are pretty inconsistent and raw. I guess what I'm saying is that the Bills need to draft the perfect QB!!!! Easier said than done..:help!:

I'd wait a couple of years and get the OL and run defence sorted, behind a game managing QB, because I think Bradley and Luck in 2012 are superior to this and next years QBs

DraftBoy
11-23-2009, 02:30 PM

Yes you can pass on him.

Griff
11-23-2009, 02:36 PM
If Okung goes to Detroit then Bruce Campbell is a more than acceptable runner up prize at LT

if we drafted a guy named Bruce Campbell I would flip out.

Ed
11-23-2009, 02:37 PM
If he proves to be totally healthy and has no lingering effects in the shoulder then I probably wouldn't have a problem with the pick. However, like you said, he has question marks. So there's a lot of risk and I just think missing on a qb with a really high pick is more damaging to a team then anything else. We might just have to accept the fact that it's a bad year for qb's. The draft is still far away though...

THATHURMANATOR
11-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Is Mallet going to be in the draft?

kernowboy
11-23-2009, 02:49 PM
The line could be given the name "The Army of Darkness" :)

PECKERWOOD
11-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Okung, Clausen and Bradford would all be solid picks.

HHURRICANE
11-23-2009, 03:03 PM
The o-line has to be the first priority. There is no reason to draft a QB and subject them to what happened this year.

I'd rather see us struggle through a vet QB and estblish the run, etc.

k-oneputt
11-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Locker
Clausen
Okung
Suh
G. McCoy

In that order. Of course they will probably all go top-5 and we will pick 6th. And end up taking a freaking safety.

ParanoidAndroid
11-23-2009, 03:06 PM
I'd wait a couple of years and get the OL and run defence sorted, behind a game managing QB, because I think Bradley and Luck in 2012 are superior to this and next years QBs

Luck is a redshirt freshman. He'll be draft eligible in 2011, I think. My sights are locked on that guy.

Dr. Pepper
11-23-2009, 03:07 PM
BPA except secondary, WR, and RB

Crisis
11-23-2009, 03:07 PM
I'll be pissed if this team takes any of these Qbs in the first, let alone the top 5-10. There's not a single QB prospect in this draft I'm really excited about...

Ed
11-23-2009, 03:10 PM
So what's so great about Clausen? I remember him having super high expectations when he came out of high school, but is he really that good? I'll admit, I don't watch a lot of college ball, but everytime I've watched ND, I've never been that impressed with him. I just see a rather skinny ordinary looking kid. I've heard people on radio and what not saying he really stepped it up this year, but what do people specifically see in him that makes you think he'll be a good NFL qb?

Dr. Pepper
11-23-2009, 03:26 PM
flloyd and especially tate are a big part of clausen's success IMO. tate is going to be a beast in the nfl.

ddaryl
11-23-2009, 03:32 PM
I have confidence that we can improve our draft status to pick #4

but I am not getting a warm fuzzy with the college QB prospects like I was at the beginning of this season. Allthe QB's have seem to take a step backwards or not progressed much from last year ot this year...

I owuld be happy with any pick that was D front seven, or OL or QB if that QB is really worth the pick.

The bottom line is the 1st pick for the Bills has been a huge dissapointment in recent years and we can ill afford to chance another 1st rd pick on a player that will have minimal impact immediately...

k-oneputt
11-23-2009, 03:38 PM
You mean we shouldn't draft undersized d-linmen or overrated safties ?

Whoever the next coach is he had better send Modrak packing.

DraftBoy
11-23-2009, 03:39 PM
Ill take Eric Berry in a second.

T-Long
11-23-2009, 03:47 PM
Guys, we draft 5th.

Demon
11-23-2009, 03:49 PM
So what's so great about Clausen? I remember him having super high expectations when he came out of high school, but is he really that good? I'll admit, I don't watch a lot of college ball, but everytime I've watched ND, I've never been that impressed with him. I just see a rather skinny ordinary looking kid. I've heard people on radio and what not saying he really stepped it up this year, but what do people specifically see in him that makes you think he'll be a good NFL qb?

Nothing. He was a massive prospect coming out of High School and a bum for Notre Dame, with an NFL offensive cord as his head coach. This season, Clausen has had success, mainly due to having 2 great NFL prospects at WR (Floyd and Tate), one of the best TE prospects in years (Ranolph) and good running game/line.

And, since they stopped winning, seems like his value is dropping. Todd McShay said on WGR he will drop to the second round.

trapezeus
11-23-2009, 03:50 PM
it is an even year draft in 2010....and that means we draft a player who will be out of the league in 5 years. Exciting exciting!

Dr. Pepper
11-23-2009, 04:08 PM
Nothing. He was a massive prospect coming out of High School and a bum for Notre Dame, with an NFL offensive cord as his head coach. This season, Clausen has had success, mainly due to having 2 great NFL prospects at WR (Floyd and Tate), one of the best TE prospects in years (Ranolph) and good running game/line.

And, since they stopped winning, seems like his value is dropping. Todd McShay said on WGR he will drop to the second round.

if Clausen is there in the 2nd round, Id take him. :clap:

Demon
11-23-2009, 05:25 PM
If we pick top 5 and Suh is not available, then i don't think it's wise to keep it. I'd trade down and hopefully one of the teams with multiple picks (SF and Seattle i believe) bite. Unless our new coach and front office are certain on a QB (Locker), i don't see anyone else worthy to be paid that kind of money.

k-oneputt
11-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Ill take Eric Berry in a second.

I wouldn't.
Someday you will fiqure out the game is won in the trenches and at the qb position.

Demon
11-23-2009, 05:29 PM
I wouldn't.
Someday you will fiqure out the game is won in the trenches and at the qb position.

Exactly. Until we build up the offensive and defensive lines, we'll never be any good, and it wouldn't matter if we even drafted a Peyton Manning clone, he'd still be a bust for the Bills.

k-oneputt
11-23-2009, 05:36 PM
Running backs, wide receivers, and safties are the easiest positions to fill. And those positions just happen to be where the strength of this team is.

Last I looked the o-line sucks, the d-line is barely better than them, and our qb's are bottom five in the league. So no, I don't want a safety with the top-10 pick.

kernowboy
11-23-2009, 06:02 PM
If we pick top 5 and Suh is not available, then i don't think it's wise to keep it. I'd trade down and hopefully one of the teams with multiple picks (SF and Seattle i believe) bite. Unless our new coach and front office are certain on a QB (Locker), i don't see anyone else worthy to be paid that kind of money.

It depends

The 49ers have Carolina's pick
Seattle have Denver's

I would not want to trade down and miss an elite LT.

If Seattle wanted to move up and nab a QB like Locker and if we felt we still get one of the Top 2-3 LTs with their first pick then yes, but if not, I'd rather reach slightly for the most important position on the field.

Luisito23
11-23-2009, 06:03 PM
Tennessee, Detroit, Washington, and Oakland are all going to finish with a better record so we're going to be picking much higher trust me.

T-Long
11-23-2009, 06:17 PM
The last time we had a pick this high, we selected Mike Williams.

Shoot me.

FlyingDutchman
11-23-2009, 06:29 PM

theres not really any complete QBs coming out this year IMO...sucks i know....