Richard Seymour .. Free Agent 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Seymour .. Free Agent 2010

If we are looking to move to a 3-4, Seymour has not signed a contract extension with the Raiders.

At 30, he has plenty of gas left in the tank, and it would certainly make the switch easier.

Maybe he should be our premier FA target.
  • Ed
    Dude
    • Sep 2002

Re: Richard Seymour .. Free Agent 2010

Watch him re-sign with New England and they still get Oaklands 2011 first round pick, which will probably be top 10 as usual. I still can't believe that. The Bills should make doing a trade with Oakland a top priority every year. Stupid Raiders.

Comment

• Ingtar33
      Dances With Buffaloes
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ed
      Watch him re-sign with New England and they still get Oaklands 2011 first round pick, which will probably be top 10 as usual. I still can't believe that. The Bills should make doing a trade with Oakland a top priority every year. Stupid Raiders.
      yep. he's going to resign with the pats even if it costs him money.
      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• billsburgh
        • Jul 2003

I cant believe how ing stupid the raiders are.

Comment

Except he's so p***ed with the Pats he filed a greviance against them, and refused to report to the Raiders until they guaranteed his free-agency in 2010.

I think he'd happily sign for anyone in the AFC East if only to s**t on Belichick twice a year

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

Where is it written in stone that we're switching? Just because everyone on here wants that doesnt mean it will happen. I guess it will depend on who our coach is, but really, lets not put the cart before the horse here.

Comment

Alongside Stroud in a 4-3, we'd be ridiculously difficult to run on.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by kernowboy
                Alongside Stroud in a 4-3, we'd be ridiculously difficult to run on.
                do you mean Seymour at DT or DE?

Comment

• Griff
                  • Jul 2008

Except he's so p***ed with the Pats he filed a greviance against them, and refused to report to the Raiders until they guaranteed his free-agency in 2010.

I think he'd happily sign for anyone in the AFC East if only to s**t on Belichick twice a year
                  maybe he's pissed enough to consider Buffalo, like Lawyer did.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
                    do you mean Seymour at DT or DE?
                    He can be a 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE .... it gives a DC loads of options.

Comment

• Jaybird
                      • Dec 2005

Don't think the Pats can afford him, they will have Wilfork to lock up. He will demand a Haynsworth type contract.

Comment

Seymour is two years older than Haynesworth and I am not sure he'll get the type of silly money Haynesworth did.

I think $60m over 5 years, with $30m guaranteed will be a figure to turn his head. After all Haynesworth doesn't have 50% of his deal guaranteed.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                          Pinkerton's son
                          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Jaybird
                          Don't think the Pats can afford him, they will have Wilfork to lock up. He will demand a Haynsworth type contract.
                          I hope Wilfork signs with Jaguars for some reason and then his team gets moved to LA and then he gets shot.

I dont really wish that on anyone, not even Wilfork. But I hate the guy more than preeeeetty much anyone in the NFL.

Comment

• Jaybird
                            • Dec 2005

Seymour is two years older than Haynesworth and I am not sure he'll get the type of silly money Haynesworth did.

I think $60m over 5 years, with $30m guaranteed will be a figure to turn his head. After all Haynesworth doesn't have 50% of his deal guaranteed.
                            My point was Wilfork will be paid that type of money

Comment

• psubills62
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2008

If we switch to a 3-4, he would be a nice veteran pickup. However, if we keep the 4-3, I'd actually kind of like to see him lined up at LDE for early running downs and DT for passing downs. I don't know if he's the reason, but Oakland's run defense hasn't exactly been stellar this year.
                              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

Working...
                              X