PDA

View Full Version : Don't Ask Me To Hope For A Loss Against The Dolphins

Night Train
11-23-2009, 02:24 PM
I couldn't give a rats arse about the so-called draft ramifications.

It's the Dolphins. :puke:

KILL ! :squish: :btm: :chair:

Ingtar33
11-23-2009, 02:35 PM

It's the Dolphins. :puke:

KILL ! :squish: :btm: :chair:

I agree 100%

I can't stomach getting swept by the fish 2 years in a row.

Ed
11-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Seriously, if we have to miss the playoffs AGAIN I want to at least help ruin things for other teams that I hate.

And as I say every year, drafting higher doesn't guarantee that you'll get a good player, it just guarntees that you'll have to pay them a lot of money. And watching the guys we have right now play well would be a lot better for our future then moving up a few spots in the draft.

TigerJ
11-23-2009, 02:48 PM
Looking at the draft, which is tthe only possible reason that any fan would ever his team to lose after the bum coach has already been fired, the higher your pick in the top 10, the greater the odds you're going to significantly overpay. Having a pick in the second five is a very good place to be.

Crisis
11-23-2009, 03:08 PM
Hopefully we win 2 more games, New England and Miami....and every team we're competing with for draft picks wins those same two weeks to even things out.

HHURRICANE
11-23-2009, 03:09 PM
Honestly, we haven't had a pick in the top 5 for a long time. Look what we did with #11.

At this point I hope we lose out all the way. I made the mistake of meeting my buddy for the 2nd half and what a waste that was.

The team is not fun to watch.

Let's get the highest possible pick. We keep missing the Rothlinsbergers, etc. because of meaningless wins.

ddaryl
11-23-2009, 03:11 PM
I honestly do not care at all....

If we win against the Dolphins it will be in such an ugly fashion that it would be painful to watch anyways

If we lose it does help our draft position and to be honest the offseason has become my superbowl so basically I am playing for the offseason...

Plus I don't want Fewell having any ammunition to claim the HC job.

that being said I never root for the Bills to to do badly or even lose, I just exepct it and have adjusted my attitude towards winning or losing to reflect my expectations accordingly

trapezeus
11-23-2009, 03:48 PM
a win is great to know we can beat the sparano dolphins and the satisfaction of beating miami.

a loss, and there is still a parting gift of higher draft status.

finally, we've reached a stage that by merely playing the game, good things are bound to happen.

Demon
11-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Honestly, we haven't had a pick in the top 5 for a long time. Look what we did with #11.

At this point I hope we lose out all the way. I made the mistake of meeting my buddy for the 2nd half and what a waste that was.

The team is not fun to watch.

Let's get the highest possible pick. We keep missing the Rothlinsbergers, etc. because of meaningless wins.

Yeah, great theory, because our #4 pick in 2002 did so well.....

Philagape
11-23-2009, 03:55 PM
It's not where you pick, it's how well you pick.

bigbry
11-23-2009, 04:44 PM
I agree 100%

I can't stomach getting swept by the fish 2 years in a row.

Buy Pepto early and often then.
The sweep is upon you, Ronnie Brown not needed.

BillsWin
11-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Go Bills. Then they can suck for the rest of the year for all I care. Although I really want them to win against KC because Ill be there. But then again... squish the fish!!!

!Papacrunk!
11-23-2009, 05:02 PM
Sorry guys, but Miami needs all the wins they can get, and I know it will be a tough game, especially since it's in Buffalo

yordad
11-23-2009, 05:12 PM
I think the Bills will squeak this one out.

Demon
11-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Sorry guys, but Miami needs all the wins they can get, and I know it will be a tough game, especially since it's in Buffalo

We're 1-9 in our last 10 home games. Our home field advantage is long gone.

Demon
11-23-2009, 05:21 PM
Go Bills. Then they can suck for the rest of the year for all I care. Although I really want them to win against KC because Ill be there. But then again... squish the fish!!!

I root for them to win every game, but when they do lose, i'm not torn, i understand, it's for the better. I'll be in my season ticket seat Sunday yet again yelling and cheering, but if they lose, i won't lose any sleep thats for sure.

Buddo
11-23-2009, 06:39 PM
I'll also include jumping on the Jest, and pasting the Patsies. That will hand out a decent dose of stfu to the other fans in the division.
Throw in signing Shanahan as HC, we could really hack off the rest of the division.
Still give us a decent enough draft spot too prolly. ;)

BertSquirtgum
11-23-2009, 08:24 PM
i agree, **** the dolphins. i'll be at the game to help the bills squish the fish. :fishfry:

:monkeyp:Dolphins

Commissioner
11-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Seriously, if we have to miss the playoffs AGAIN I want to at least help ruin things for other teams that I hate.

And as I say every year, drafting higher doesn't guarantee that you'll get a good player, it just guarntees that you'll have to pay them a lot of money. And watching the guys we have right now play well would be a lot better for our future then moving up a few spots in the draft.

Screw that... get the highest pick possible.. and if there isn't a player worth it... trade down.

Zero point in winning any games the rest of the season... i don't give a rats ass who we are playing...

BertSquirtgum
11-23-2009, 10:19 PM
Screw that... get the highest pick possible.. and if there isn't a player worth it... trade down.

Zero point in winning any games the rest of the season... i don't give a rats ass who we are playing...

i guess you're not going to be at game then. that would be the typical response from someone who isn't going.

Nighthawk
11-23-2009, 10:43 PM
i guess you're not going to be at game then. that would be the typical response from someone who isn't going.

He's right...it's more beneficial for the Bills to lose the rest of their games then win a meaningless game to make you and others feel better. It's about the big picture and a higher pick is much better then a "feel good" win.

BertSquirtgum
11-24-2009, 12:38 AM
i don't care how beneficial it is. you think i'm going to go to the game and root for the dolphins? good luck, no way, no how. **** the dolphins. i just can't see ever rooting against the bills for a higher pick. it is what it is and that's just the way it's going to be.

Historian
11-24-2009, 05:04 AM
SQUISH!!!!

:squish:

Jan Reimers
11-24-2009, 07:31 AM
I never root for the Bills to lose against anyone, anytime, for any reason. I might be so pissed that I think, or say, that I will, but once the game starts, I can't do it.

And the draft is all a matter of drafting the right players, not where you pick. Look at the Pats, Colts, et. al.

SABURZFAN
11-24-2009, 08:53 AM

i get tired of hearing that crap too.

trapezeus
11-24-2009, 09:03 AM
We're 1-9 in our last 10 home games. Our home field advantage is long gone.

not true....it's just an advantage for a different team. :-)

mybills
11-24-2009, 09:22 AM
Buy Pepto early and often then.
The sweep is upon you, Ronnie Brown not needed.
Apparently we don't need Marcus Stroud, either.

Ed
11-24-2009, 09:36 AM

Wouldn't you rather see the players we already have play really well the rest of this year? How is moving up a few spots in the draft better for our future if it means the rest of our team is really really bad? There's no one miracle player coming out in this draft that's going to turn this franchise around by himself. And how does having to give $30 million to a rookie help us in free agency? If we're ever going to get good again, we need to see the guy we already have get better. If having a high draft pick is so great, why are the same teams picking at the top of the draft every year?

Ground Chuck
11-24-2009, 09:41 AM
I hate Miami.

BertSquirtgum
11-27-2009, 09:29 PM
Had to bring this thread back into the mix with the game getting so close. fu** the dolphins.

:squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish:

huck1974
11-27-2009, 09:45 PM
Damn guys. I'm a Dolphins fan but I have rooted for a win every week no matter how bad it was. It is going to be a good, close game Sunday. I hope everyone enjoyed their turkey and family.

Its a game. Hatred is not really needed. Wishing a loss for your team to pick higher is silly. I bet the GMs of the 4 or 5 worst teams are hoping to win some games so they don't pick that high.

Ground Chuck
11-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Damn guys. I'm a Dolphins fan but I have rooted for a win every week no matter how bad it was. It is going to be a good, close game Sunday. I hope everyone enjoyed their turkey and family.

Its a game. Hatred is not really needed. Wishing a loss for your team to pick higher is silly. I bet the GMs of the 4 or 5 worst teams are hoping to win some games so they don't pick that high.

Hatred is a requirement for any Bills fan who watched during the 70's.

mybills
11-28-2009, 10:36 AM

BertSquirtgum
11-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Hatred is a requirement for any Bills fan who watched during the 70's.

as i grew up i was taught to hate the dolphins more than any team in the nfl. that hate still has yet to subside.

Night Train
11-28-2009, 03:35 PM
:squish: :squish: :squish: :squish: :squish:

BADTHINGSMAN
11-28-2009, 03:48 PM
:squish: It would be nice to destroy the Phins Playoff dreams.

BertSquirtgum
11-28-2009, 04:00 PM
:squish: It would be nice to destroy the Phins Playoff dreams.

yepp. this is the first time i've been excited about a game this year besides the home opener.

BADTHINGSMAN
11-28-2009, 04:05 PM
yepp. this is the first time i've been excited about a game this year besides the home opener.

Im not going to the game but I will be parked out the couch watching what I hope will be a Bills win.

BertSquirtgum
11-28-2009, 04:18 PM
well then. you will be hearing me and my cousin screaming until the bills find a way to fu** it up like they have in past games.

MDFINFAN
11-28-2009, 06:42 PM
I think the Bills will squeak this one out.

Stop that, we don't need that kind of coma at this point of the season, send that NE's way:nono:

DEfinsE!
11-28-2009, 08:27 PM
No need to hope for a loss guys, just sit back and let it happen.

BertSquirtgum
11-28-2009, 08:59 PM
don't come back to this board crying when your playoff hopes and murdered and pissed on by the bills tomorrow.

Night Train
11-29-2009, 04:17 PM
Sorry we won today, wannabe GM's without any sense of history... ( big middle finger )

mybills
11-29-2009, 07:09 PM
SQUISH!!!!

umm