PDA

View Full Version : Why not Billick?

homeslice5484
11-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Why not find the best football GM we can find..and hire Billick as the head coach?

Give him the best talent to work with by having a revamped football department.

Id love Shanahan...but if he does not want to come here, I would not have a problem with Billick along with a good football GM.
<!-- / message --> <!-- sig -->

X-Era
11-23-2009, 06:12 PM
Why not find the best football GM we can find..and hire Billick as the head coach?

Id love Shanahan...but if he does not want to come here, I would not have a problem with Billick along with a good football GM.

May not want to be under a GM's thumb, but Id love the move!

trapezeus
11-23-2009, 06:15 PM
billick was an offensive coach who couldn't create an offense. no thanks. if he didn't stumble ass backwards into that superbowl win, he'd be a nobody.

T-Long
11-23-2009, 06:15 PM
The problem I see is that these guys are seeing who Buffalo is bringing in and may get turned off that they are like 5th or 6th on the want list. Anyone else agree?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-23-2009, 06:16 PM
Graham says the team's lack of an established quarterback may also scare off other Super-Bowl winning coaches like Bill Cowher, Jon Gruden and Mike Holmgren. Graham believes the more likely coaching options are former Bills player and former Saints coach Jim Haslett, former Giants coach Jim Fassel, and former Ravens coach Brian Billick.
http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=72212&catid=37

homeslice5484
11-23-2009, 06:21 PM
I don't know much about him, thats why I asked. I think if we dont get Shanahan then we for sure need a GM and HC to be separate positions with the GM having a lot of experience and a good reputation who then hires the best offensive minded assistant in the NFL to be the head coach.

Jeff1220
11-23-2009, 06:44 PM
I'd rather have Haslett than Billick, and that's saying a lot.

Commissioner
11-23-2009, 06:48 PM
Billick is a pompous ass... the reason he's not coaching the Ravens right now is because he could never find a QB and create an offense... sound familiar?

Jeff1220
11-23-2009, 08:11 PM
The only thing he ever did right was hire Marvin Lewis as DC (who had Del Rio, Nolan, and Ryan all coach under him and eventually succeed him). That defense won that team a super bowl and kept them as a contender. The offense was often downright pathetic under Billick. And his gameday management is similar to the same crap we've been subjected to as Bills fans for the past decade.

Bmax
11-23-2009, 08:11 PM
Billick is a pompous ass... the reason he's not coaching the Ravens right now is because he could never find a QB and create an offense... sound familiar?

When he was the Off Coord at Minny when they went 15-1 ..He has Moss and Carter..Robert Smith and Cunningham...

Alot different than Trent Dilfer and Kyle Boller...

The next guy will have to be a leader .. I think Billick fills that void....among others ...

Bmax

Commissioner
11-23-2009, 08:14 PM
When he was the Off Coord at Minny when they went 15-1 ..He has Moss and Carter..Robert Smith and Cunningham...

Alot different than Trent Dilfer and Kyle Boller...

The next guy will have to be a leader .. I think Billick fills that void....among others ...

Bmax
Moss, Carter, Smith and Cunningham don't play for the Bills either...

He was in Baltimore for 8 years and couldn't put and offense together... it took Harbaugh 1 year....

Billick sucks ...

BillsWin
11-23-2009, 08:22 PM
Ive said for a long time that Billick is a viable candidate for the Buffalo job. Cheap and experienced. However I am hearing rumors that the Bills and Shanahan will meet tomorrow, so I am hoping something happens there.

BertSquirtgum
11-23-2009, 09:09 PM
i honestly think i would rather hire someone unproven instead of billick.

Block "O"
11-23-2009, 09:09 PM
Because I'll miss these commercials...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAGmAgjFV-Y&feature=PlayList&p=6BADF2F1AF6A4BBE&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=28

Demon
11-23-2009, 09:41 PM

Any "great" GM would want a "yes man" as coach. Someone who listens and does whatever the GM says and has limited options on player personnel. That's why Donahoe only hired cord. as his head coaches. Billick will most likely want a big say in player moves.

Demon
11-23-2009, 09:42 PM
i honestly think i would rather hire someone unproven instead of billick.

Agreed. If we are rejected many times by better options and we're down to Billick, i'd rather call it a day and start calling up unproven coaches, Cincy's Mike Zimmer and Arizona's Russ Grimm would be my first two calls.

BertSquirtgum
11-23-2009, 09:47 PM
those two names you just said would be the only ones i considered

Nighthawk
11-23-2009, 10:45 PM
I doubt this franchise hires a defensive HC again...I believe it will be an offensive minded coach.

Ron Burgundy
11-23-2009, 11:17 PM
I don't mind Billick...Shanahan and a couple other big names would be key, but he is an infinitely better choice than a Haslett or Gilbride.