X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • homeslice5484
    • Jul 2008

Get a GM first, then a coach

I think that is our best bet. Get the best football GM who can oversee the draft, signings, etc. etc. Then hire the best coach you can find, an up and coming coach if you have to.

Besides Shanahan I do not see any of the others even interviewing...and even he is not a lock in any way.

Get a GM...worry about the coach after...but please NOT a coach currently here!

• Saratoga Slim
    • Jul 2005

Re: Get a GM first, then a coach

I'm sort of inclined to agree.

Shanahan is tempting, and I have no doubt that we'd be at least competitive pretty quickly. But I'm not convinced that having a Head Coach that also runs the front office is the way to go, in terms of building a dynasty like the Pats, Colts or Steelers.
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      Legendary Zoner
      • May 2009

holmgren as g.m. and cowher as coach. i would be absolutely happy to the point of insanity if that happened. although, i will not be pissed if shanahan is hired this week.
      Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 11-23-2009, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by homeslice5484
        I think that is our best bet. Get the best football GM who can oversee the draft, signings, etc. etc. Then hire the best coach you can find, an up and coming coach if you have to.

Besides Shanahan I do not see any of the others even interviewing...and even he is not a lock in any way.

Get a GM...worry about the coach after...but please NOT a coach currently here!
        Completely agree - in the modern area, one guy has struggled to wear two hats

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

The Old Fart will **** it up.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
          X