Marty Schottenheimer on the Bills list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prov401
    President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
    • Aug 2008

Marty Schottenheimer on the Bills list

Chris Mortenson just said on Monday Night Countdown that the Bills have Marty Schottenheimer on their list, and that Shanahan as been reported, will be visiting with the Bills next week.
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Re: Marty Schottenheimer on the Bills list

I don't want Marty. Get Shanny!

I, 100% do not want his punk kid Brian. Whose Offense is so vanilla and conservative. And he has not improved Sanchez one bit.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
      • Jun 2005

Marty will not coach again. He was on Sirius and asked by Tucker if he would consider the Bills job. He said and I quote "I am not interested in coaching again even though it is flattering to be asked and wanted to coach and or GM" "I am happy with the direction my football career is in now and am going to continue doing what Im doing"

Quoted but not exact words

Comment

• jdbillsfan
        • Oct 2002

It seemed like that was just his opinion, like he could be someone they consider. Didn't seem to have any actually backing.

Comment

• Romes
          • Jul 2002

Mortenson is clueless
          Originally posted by paladin warrior
          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

With Marty ,you better have a good GM
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TE2Hard-E81
              Chris Mortenson just said on Monday Night Countdown that the Bills have Marty Schottenheimer on their list, and that Shanahan as been reported, will be visiting with the Bills next week.
              Next week? Shefter says 24-48 hours from yesterday... next week? Morts been known to be clueless.

Check my thread, Shefter made an interesting comment today and he is close to Mike... Shanahan is taking this seriously or it wouldn't cause anyone to "pay attention".
              Last edited by X-Era; 11-23-2009, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• T-Long
                Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by BEASTMODE
                Marty will not coach again. He was on Sirius and asked by Tucker if he would consider the Bills job. He said and I quote "I am not interested in coaching again even though it is flattering to be asked and wanted to coach and or GM" "I am happy with the direction my football career is in now and am going to continue doing what Im doing"

That's what I've been saying since Jauron got fired, but everyone was shooting it down. I hear him every day on Sirius and he says the same thing over and over again.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BEASTMODE

I respect your opinion, but that quote from Marty is essentially meaningless. These guys say statements like that all the time.

Money talks. If the Bills felt like they really wanted Marty, and threw $8 million per year at him, he could easily agree to come back to coaching if he wanted.

Comment

• Jeff1220
                    H to the 12:20
                    • Jul 2002

Marty with a good GM would actually be my first choice. He's made crappy teams into playoff teams. If he had a creative OC like he did in SD (Norv), even better.

Comment

• Block "O"
                      lowering the bar with every post
                      • Sep 2008

quoting what these guys say publicly is absolutely useless. Newsflash these guys lie to the general public.

Comment

• Demon
                        • Mar 2003

Marty wouldn't be bad, IF, like Mort said, if all goes bad. Marty has said he has no interest in returning to football but a desperate call from Ralph Wilson when options A through G have rejected us, could do the trick.

I'm a Marty fan, but i can't lie, that i'm excited about the potential of guys like Shanahan and Cowher. There's still a number of guys beyond those 2 on my wish list but he's much higher on my list then guys like Jim Fassel, Jim Haslett or Charlie Weis.
                        Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Raptor
                          • Jan 2009

Marty has said on many occasions on Sirius his coaching career is officially over

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • May 2009

some people do not have very good listening skills. they hear a name and get all excited. marty will not be coaching again, IMO.

Comment

• Prov401
                              President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear
                              some people do not have very good listening skills. they hear a name and get all excited. marty will not be coaching again, IMO.
                              What are you talking about? I made a thread saying that Chris Mortenson of ESPN said Marty Schottenheimer is on the list of potential candidates for the Buffalo Bills. I was listening, I heard, and I shared. This is a board, a forum, where thoughts and news is and are shared, correct? Who's gretting excited? Personally, I don't want Marty. I shared information that I heard, and I am providing a link for it. People are getting all angry for nothing on here. Take your tampon out.

Last edited by Prov401; 11-23-2009, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X