PDA

View Full Version : Marty Schottenheimer on the Bills list

Prov401
11-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Chris Mortenson just said on Monday Night Countdown that the Bills have Marty Schottenheimer on their list, and that Shanahan as been reported, will be visiting with the Bills next week.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-23-2009, 07:21 PM
I don't want Marty. Get Shanny!

I, 100% do not want his punk kid Brian. Whose Offense is so vanilla and conservative. And he has not improved Sanchez one bit.

SquishDaFish
11-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Marty will not coach again. He was on Sirius and asked by Tucker if he would consider the Bills job. He said and I quote "I am not interested in coaching again even though it is flattering to be asked and wanted to coach and or GM" "I am happy with the direction my football career is in now and am going to continue doing what Im doing"

Quoted but not exact words

jdbillsfan
11-23-2009, 07:23 PM
It seemed like that was just his opinion, like he could be someone they consider. Didn't seem to have any actually backing.

Romes
11-23-2009, 07:25 PM
Mortenson is clueless

justasportsfan
11-23-2009, 07:26 PM
With Marty ,you better have a good GM

X-Era
11-23-2009, 07:30 PM
Chris Mortenson just said on Monday Night Countdown that the Bills have Marty Schottenheimer on their list, and that Shanahan as been reported, will be visiting with the Bills next week.
Next week? Shefter says 24-48 hours from yesterday... next week? Morts been known to be clueless.

Check my thread, Shefter made an interesting comment today and he is close to Mike... Shanahan is taking this seriously or it wouldn't cause anyone to "pay attention".

T-Long
11-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Marty will not coach again. He was on Sirius and asked by Tucker if he would consider the Bills job. He said and I quote "I am not interested in coaching again even though it is flattering to be asked and wanted to coach and or GM" "I am happy with the direction my football career is in now and am going to continue doing what Im doing"

That's what I've been saying since Jauron got fired, but everyone was shooting it down. I hear him every day on Sirius and he says the same thing over and over again.

Lexwhat
11-23-2009, 07:58 PM

I respect your opinion, but that quote from Marty is essentially meaningless. These guys say statements like that all the time.

Money talks. If the Bills felt like they really wanted Marty, and threw $8 million per year at him, he could easily agree to come back to coaching if he wanted.

Jeff1220
11-23-2009, 08:06 PM
Marty with a good GM would actually be my first choice. He's made crappy teams into playoff teams. If he had a creative OC like he did in SD (Norv), even better.

Block "O"
11-23-2009, 09:21 PM
quoting what these guys say publicly is absolutely useless. Newsflash these guys lie to the general public.

Demon
11-23-2009, 09:35 PM
Marty wouldn't be bad, IF, like Mort said, if all goes bad. Marty has said he has no interest in returning to football but a desperate call from Ralph Wilson when options A through G have rejected us, could do the trick.

I'm a Marty fan, but i can't lie, that i'm excited about the potential of guys like Shanahan and Cowher. There's still a number of guys beyond those 2 on my wish list but he's much higher on my list then guys like Jim Fassel, Jim Haslett or Charlie Weis.

Raptor
11-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Marty has said on many occasions on Sirius his coaching career is officially over

BertSquirtgum
11-23-2009, 10:53 PM
some people do not have very good listening skills. they hear a name and get all excited. marty will not be coaching again, IMO.

Prov401
11-23-2009, 10:58 PM
some people do not have very good listening skills. they hear a name and get all excited. marty will not be coaching again, IMO.

What are you talking about? I made a thread saying that Chris Mortenson of ESPN said Marty Schottenheimer is on the list of potential candidates for the Buffalo Bills. I was listening, I heard, and I shared. This is a board, a forum, where thoughts and news is and are shared, correct? Who's gretting excited? Personally, I don't want Marty. I shared information that I heard, and I am providing a link for it. People are getting all angry for nothing on here. Take your tampon out.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/23/schottenheimers-name-surfaces-in-buffalo/

Demon
11-23-2009, 11:54 PM
^^ I'm not a big fan of Mike Florio.... in the article you posted, he lists Marc Trestman as a possible coach. I just feel like he only writes about what others have written, kinda like the football version of Eklund (for you hockey fans). Buffalo News on Sunday pretty much skilled any Trestman rumors saying it's not going to happen. They gave their reasons, but i'm sure they made a phone call to OBD to double make sure if they were writing a story about it.

jimbohastle51
11-24-2009, 12:01 AM
We will get a big name i think it will be shanahan or marty personally. We are willimg to offer a coach of that caliber upwords of 10 million a year so no way we srikr out on a real big name. And shanahan wouldnt visit if he wasnt interested. He will gladly take full control anf 10 million a year and i really think he will be our next coach.

BertSquirtgum
11-24-2009, 12:10 AM
What are you talking about? I made a thread saying that Chris Mortenson of ESPN said Marty Schottenheimer is on the list of potential candidates for the Buffalo Bills. I was listening, I heard, and I shared. This is a board, a forum, where thoughts and news is and are shared, correct? Who's gretting excited? Personally, I don't want Marty. I shared information that I heard, and I am providing a link for it. People are getting all angry for nothing on here. Take your tampon out.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/23/schottenheimers-name-surfaces-in-buffalo/
this wasn't about you, it was in general. if i wanted to point you out individually i would have quoted you. they said marty was a person of interest but also said that he did not want to coach again. they then went on to say it would have to take a lot to get marty to think about coaching again. also said marty as a coach was discussed inside OBD. again ill say this, personally i don't think he'll coach again, IMO.

BertSquirtgum
11-24-2009, 12:15 AM
We will get a big name i think it will be shanahan or marty personally. We are willimg to offer a coach of that caliber upwords of 10 million a year so no way we srikr out on a real big name. And shanahan wouldnt visit if he wasnt interested. He will gladly take full control anf 10 million a year and i really think he will be our next coach.

do you really think he will command 10 million a year? that's pretty high.

Jan Reimers
11-24-2009, 07:51 AM
At this point, a better thread might be, "Which big name, ex-coach isn't on the Bills' list?"