PDA

View Full Version : Cowher refuses to interview with the Bills

BillsWin
11-23-2009, 08:03 PM
dont know if you guys heard yet. I am updating from my phone.

patmoran2006
11-23-2009, 08:03 PM
Yep. John Clayton of ESPN reported this a few hours ago, he doesnt even want to interview

BillsWin
11-23-2009, 08:06 PM
That is insane Pat. at least humor the Bills, see what theyre offering and use it as leverage!

T-Long
11-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Um, then what the hell is Mort reporting that Cowher will interview at the end of the season?

X-Era
11-23-2009, 08:15 PM
That is insane Pat. at least humor the Bills, see what theyre offering and use it as leverage!

I dont mind.

If the guy doesnt want to come here, he doesnt want to come here. At least hes being honest and not screwing with us.

Thats why I want more info on Shanahan.

Commissioner
11-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Cowher wants Carolina or an easy gig with the Cowboys or Redskins where he can bring in anyone looking for a big paycheck...

screw him...

X-Era
11-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Um, then what the hell is Mort reporting that Cowher will interview at the end of the season?

To be honest, they (media) are all changing stories almost daily.

X-Era
11-23-2009, 08:17 PM
Cowher wants Carolina or an easy gig with the Cowboys or Redskins where he can bring in anyone looking for a big paycheck...

screw him...

the Cowboys or Skins are an easy gig? Cough-Jones-cough-Snyder

Raptor
11-23-2009, 08:18 PM
He said he wont interview till the end of the season as is most coaches stance on this. It is also why I have high hopes that Shanny is really interested in this job because he's interviewing mid season right before a holliday

OpIv37
11-23-2009, 08:19 PM

screw him...

Ding ding ding! We have a winner. Carolina will be ideal for him so he's waiting to see if Fox gets fired. If Fox somehow saves his job, the Skins job will be open- and not only will Snyder throw piles of money at him, but it's a hell of a lot closer to Carolina.

X-Era
11-23-2009, 08:20 PM
He said he wont interview till the end of the season as is most coaches stance on this. It is also why I have high hopes that Shanny is really interested in this job because he's interviewing mid season right before a holliday

Supposedly, according to Mort, its next week sometime.

Thats why I hope our own guys with inside info here can help clear some of this up.

ChristopherWalken
11-23-2009, 08:21 PM
The article I read on NFL.com clearly explains that Cowher won't consider anything until the off season in order to be fair to his current employer, CBS.

He didn't turn the opportunity down.

X-Era
11-23-2009, 08:24 PM
The article I read on NFL.com clearly explains that Cowher won't consider anything until the off season in order to be fair to his current employer, CBS.

He didn't turn the opportunity down.

Thats what I read, but I didnt hear Mort or Clayton... maybe they said something different?

BillsWin
11-23-2009, 08:27 PM
John Clayton says he wont interview in Buffalo at all. :idunno: Too much cognitive dissonance being put out there by the media. I myself have heard rumors that Shanahan will be in Buffalo tomorrow, and that he will be there next week, so I have no idea. Maybe Cowher will interview, maybe not.

Raptor
11-23-2009, 08:34 PM
John Clayton says he wont interview in Buffalo at all. :idunno: Too much cognitive dissonance being put out there by the media. I myself have heard rumors that Shanahan will be in Buffalo tomorrow, and that he will be there next week, so I have no idea. Maybe Cowher will interview, maybe not.

I dont think he's coming to Buffalo at all. Most of these coach interviews take place in Detroit

BillsWin
11-23-2009, 08:34 PM
There is still hope for Cowher though. Clayton says he turned down the Buffalo interview. Clayton could have been right and Cowher turned down an interview for now, but what about later? Come on Ralph, keep pushing!!!

BillsWin
11-23-2009, 08:36 PM
I dont think he's coming to Buffalo at all. Most of these coach interviews take place in Detroit
That is what I thought at first, but who knows!?

tampabay25690
11-23-2009, 08:44 PM
Cowher is not coming here plain and simple we need to move on...

BertSquirtgum
11-23-2009, 08:46 PM
i think you guys have your info wrong. the espn boys said he doesn't want to interview until after the season.

X-Era
11-23-2009, 08:46 PM
That is what I thought at first, but who knows!?

So you heard we meet with Shanny tomorrow or next week?

X-Era
11-23-2009, 08:47 PM
i think you guys have your info wrong. the espn boys said he doesn't want to interview until after the season.

The media is a bit clueless.

We will know for sure that Cowher has no interest if:

1) We dont hire a HC before the end of the season
2) Cowher refuses an interview after the season

life of faith
11-23-2009, 08:48 PM
He;s not interviewing until after the season is over. I think we should go after one of the otehr big names while were the only ones seeking....

Bravo82
11-23-2009, 08:50 PM
He;s not interviewing until after the season is over. I think we should go after one of the otehr big names while were the only ones seeking....

solid response from a rather God fearing man IMHO :rockon:

X-Era
11-23-2009, 08:52 PM

Totally agree.

Mike is up first, lets do it.

OpIv37
11-23-2009, 09:18 PM
The ONLY way Cowher will even entertain the thought of coming to Buffalo is if it's the only job available. And there are enough other ****ty teams out there right now that it will never happen. I would love it if Ralph somehow pulled the biggest football coup of all time and got him to Buffalo, but it's just so unrealistic.

There is enough other talent out there. I don't expect Ralph to get Cowher, but I do expect him to get it right this time.

OpIv37
11-23-2009, 09:18 PM

for once, I agree completely. Cowher is a pipedream. Let's nail down some of the other talent while we have an advantage.

hydro
11-23-2009, 09:33 PM
Well Coach Sal said this right after the firing. Looks like he was right!

Demon
11-23-2009, 09:38 PM
Well Coach Sal said this right after the firing. Looks like he was right!

Half of this forum said Cowher or Shanahan wouldn't ever interview with us. Saying that wasn't exactly going out on a limb. No disrespect to Coach Sal, i listened for the first time last week but his comments regarding Shanahan and Cowher last Tuesday were very sketchy. At one point he said NO WAY they would come... then he went back to say, well, MAYBE they would for loads of money.... obviously.... anyone here could have told us that.

hydro
11-23-2009, 10:51 PM
Half of this forum said Cowher or Shanahan wouldn't ever interview with us. Saying that wasn't exactly going out on a limb. No disrespect to Coach Sal, i listened for the first time last week but his comments regarding Shanahan and Cowher last Tuesday were very sketchy. At one point he said NO WAY they would come... then he went back to say, well, MAYBE they would for loads of money.... obviously.... anyone here could have told us that.

He wasn't going out on a limb. He talked to Cowher's people right after Jauron was fired....

Demon
11-24-2009, 12:03 AM
He wasn't going out on a limb. He talked to Cowher's people right after Jauron was fired....

To me, it just seemed like he was all over the place when speaking about Cowher. At first he said no way, then switched to maybe, then went back to no way. Like i said, i really enjoyed his show, which was my first time listening, i'm not trying to knock him just an observation.

YardRat
11-24-2009, 01:19 AM
Cowher won't come to Buffalo, count on that.

Clayton is the type of 'journalist' that likes to spin things to the extreme, though, and probably did so in Cowher's case.

Night Train
11-24-2009, 02:56 AM
Cowher lives in Carolina is waiting for the Panthers to fire John Fox. He has no interest in any other job.

shelby
11-24-2009, 04:13 AM
Honestly, does this surprise anyone?

mush69
11-24-2009, 04:23 AM

Naw not really, I mean why would he interview now. There is nothing it it for him, Cowher is gonna wait and get what he wants. That won't be the case here cause Ralph won't let that happen, Cowher will not be our new head coach.

Night Train
11-24-2009, 04:44 AM

Bill Walsh refuses to interview with Bills !

My inside source is St. Peter..

YardRat
11-24-2009, 05:09 AM

link ?

TacklingDummy
11-24-2009, 06:25 AM
dont know if you guys heard yet. I am updating from my phone.
Never liked him anyways, frig him.

Lexwhat
11-24-2009, 06:28 AM

Well what's the deal with Vince Lombardi? Any interest?

Night Train
11-24-2009, 07:02 AM
The fact that he rejected us now confirms Cowher hates the Bills, everything to do with WNY, puppies and Mothers day.

El Guapo
11-24-2009, 04:53 PM
The fact that he rejected us now confirms Cowher hates the Bills, everything to do with WNY, puppies and Mothers day.

Don't forget that he eats young children and tortures small animals.

X-Era
11-24-2009, 05:02 PM
The title should be changed to Cowher refuses to interview with anyone... that is if we are speaking in the present tense.

He has already said he wont talk to anyone until the season is over.

BertSquirtgum
11-24-2009, 05:08 PM
The title should be changed to Cowher refuses to interview with anyone... that is if we are speaking in the present tense.

He has already said he wont talk to anyone until the season is over.
out of respect to his current employer.....CBS

X-Era
11-24-2009, 05:08 PM
This report from ESPN (from today) makes my point:

The Cowher talk can likely be shelved for now, as a league source told the Buffalo News (http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/871591.html) that Cowher will wait until the season ends to weigh his options. It's interesting to note the source's other report, that the Bills told Cowher a $10 million yearly salary was possible. We're sure there are several high-profile names that would be amenable to that salary.

billsburgh
11-24-2009, 07:53 PM
on PTI tonight, they said that Cowher would be interested in the Bears or the Texans.