X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bmax
    • Aug 2003

Coaching Predictions

Just a thought with all the coach talk going on..so the following predictions for new coaches in 2010 goes like this ...

Chicago fires Lovie Smith after disappointing finish....Bears Hire Shanahan....
    Lovie Smith gets interviewed but not hired in Buffalo or any where else as coach.. He gets a job a D coord with a team...

Carolina fires Fox ... They Hire Cowher who likes the panthers run game and tough def ..They resign Peppers..... Cowher struggles in year one with no qb..

Washnington Fires Zorn and Hires Holmgren....Browns search continues

That leaves the Bills with the following guys to look at

Jim Fassel

Jim Haslett

Brian Bilick

Charlie Weis- who will be fired- ralph likes him.. East coast guy.......not a college coach...may want to sit out for awhile....

Lovie Smith-no
    John Fox-no

The Winner Brian Bilick if he wants it.. The name to watch is Weis....if he is fired and wants job....

Bmax
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: Coaching Predictions

Im probably one of the only Bills fans who likes Billick as a head coach candidate. I wrote a thread on why I liked the possibility of Billick ball in Buffalo around week three or four of this season.
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• tampabay25690
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Bmax
      Just a thought with all the coach talk going on..so the following predictions for new coaches in 2010 goes like this ...

Chicago fires Lovie Smith after disappointing finish....Bears Hire Shanahan....
      Lovie Smith gets interviewed but not hired in Buffalo or any where else as coach.. He gets a job a D coord with a team...

Carolina fires Fox ... They Hire Cowher who likes the panthers run game and tough def ..They resign Peppers..... Cowher struggles in year one with no qb..

Washnington Fires Zorn and Hires Holmgren....Browns search continues

That leaves the Bills with the following guys to look at

Jim Fassel

Any other senarios???
      We will have a guy hired before season ends, it just might not get published right away.

Jim Haslett

Brian Bilick

Charlie Weis- who will be fired- ralph likes him.. East coast guy.......not a college coach...may want to sit out for awhile....

Lovie Smith-no
      John Fox-no

The Winner Brian Bilick if he wants it.. The name to watch is Weis....if he is fired and wants job....

Bmax
      GO Gators!!!!!!
      GO GATORS!!

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsWin
        Im probably one of the only Bills fans who likes Billick as a head coach candidate. I wrote a thread on why I liked the possibility of Billick ball in Buffalo around week three or four of this season.
        I like it a lot. Billick knows how to draft pretty well, and has proven he can coach a team to win the SB. He also built a great defense.

The only real hit that I see is drafting Travis Taylor and Kyle Boller that year in the first round.

Comment

• Bravo82
          • Aug 2008

Haslett.
          or some coordinator ive never heard of.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            Legendary Zoner
            • May 2009

i'll cut my middle finger off and send it to ralph if he hires charlie weis.

Comment

• Jeff1220
              H to the 12:20
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
              I like it a lot. Billick knows how to draft pretty well, and has proven he can coach a team to win the SB. He also built a great defense.

The only real hit that I see is drafting Travis Taylor and Kyle Boller that year in the first round.
              Ozzie Newsome is in charge of the drafts in Baltimore...and he's d-good at it!
              Being in Ravens territory, the only draft pick I ever heard that Billick fought tooth and nail to get was Boller.

Comment

• Block "O"
                lowering the bar with every post
                • Sep 2008

is mike mularkey still available? or greg robinson? solid coaches IMHO

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by SmokeyTheBear
                  i'll cut my middle finger off and send it to ralph if he hires charlie weis.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Don't forget Russ Grimm of the Cardinals or Jim Harbaugh of Stanford.

Paired with a good GM, and both could pull of big surprises as the top of the heap

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                      The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by kernowboy
                      Don't forget Russ Grimm of the Cardinals or Jim Harbaugh of Stanford.

Paired with a good GM, and both could pull of big surprises as the top of the heap
                      I dont want any surprises at this point.
                      Just do it Ralph and get shanny. give him the keys and let him drive it.

Then we can ride him out on a rail in 4 years?
                      In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by Block "O"
                        is mike mularkey still available? or greg robinson? solid coaches IMHO
                        As both a Bills and a 'Cuse fan, the best thing I can say about Greg Robinson is that he's now farther from Buffalo (Michigan) than he was when he was one of the worst HCs in the history of Syracuse football.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Jeff1220
                          H to the 12:20
                          • Jul 2002

If they did end up going the assistant route, Russ Grimm would definitely be a good choice, imo.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BillsWin
                            I like Billick as I think he's a marked improvement over Jauron and would give this team an identity. I think he's the most realistic option.

Comment

• Historian
                              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                              • Dec 2002

I think it's going to end up being Fassel or Schotzy.

Fassel for his offensive prowess, and he would probably keep Fewell.

Schotzy because of his familliarity with Ralph.

Maybe Haslett.

Shanahan is going to Dallas after they can Wade, Holmgren may not coach, and Cowher simply isn't coming here. I can see him in Washington.

Comment

Working...
                              X