PDA

View Full Version : Who the **** is on this roster?

OpIv37
11-24-2009, 07:25 AM
If Lynch can't go, then Jackson is the only healthy RB on the roster.

We have so few LB's that we had to move a S up, which means we don't have enough LB's or S's.

We only have 5 healthy offensive linemen.

Jonathan Scott, one of our few healthy OL's, was lining up at DT in goal line situations this past Sunday.

How can we have a full 53 man roster and still be short at FIVE positions? I'll buy the injury excuse for OL and maybe LB, but there is NO reason why we should have only two RB's, only 3 S's (counting Scott as an LB now), and so few DT's that one injury requires us to staff the position with players from another depleted position.

This is ****ing ridiculous now.

Romes
11-24-2009, 07:45 AM
Too many at WR and CB. I agree.

Roscoe and Youboty should have been trade-able...

justasportsfan
11-24-2009, 08:22 AM

Now? Where have you been?

psubills62
11-24-2009, 08:29 AM

We have so few LB's that we had to move a S up, which means we don't have enough LB's or S's.

Jonathan Scott, one of our few healthy OL's, was lining up at DT in goal line situations this past Sunday.

How can we have a full 53 man roster and still be short at FIVE positions? I'll buy the injury excuse for OL and maybe LB, but there is NO reason why we should have only two RB's, only 3 S's (counting Scott as an LB now), and so few DT's that one injury requires us to staff the position with players from another depleted position.

I think they are lacking at other positions, like RB, mainly because they're saving roster spaces for hurt players who aren't on IR (e.g. Bell).

trapezeus
11-24-2009, 08:31 AM
roster mismanagement. 7WR's for a team that has been only running 2WR sets with occassional 3 WR sets. Rarely are we four or 5 wide. So why?

We carried 3 QB's with hamden, but when trent first got injured, they looked to patrick Ramsey before considering hamden a real back up option. So why did they carry three?

Secondary hell, we have seemingly way too many DB's, but with our front seven sucking as much as it does, these guys all chip in on the run. As a result, they all get injured, so we need that based on our "philospohy"

DE - Chris Ellis, the heavier, younger version of youboty. Drafted in the third round, lost a parent, never sees the field. Yeah, we need him on the team. Add Maybin, maybe he's ready to play, maybe not, maybe its maybiline. The guy is a dud for this team this year.

OL - We went with a young ol and needed people willing to sit behind a young line. That typically means absolutely trashy players like Jonathan Scott, Meredith, McKinney, Chambers, etc. Those trashy players are constantly injured, most likely because they are getting over powered. And what makes it so odd that they are injured, they are rarely on the field. And they jump offsides every other play. When is there time for them to get hurt?

LB's, they've drafted LB's the last two years, but none of them see the field. Why is that? Why are we constantly drafting projects when we have no time for projects? It seems to be a mcgahee syndrome effecting our LB corp.

That in short is why we are so short sighted to have only 2 viable running backs. I've never seen a team so reliant on our practice squad and OTHER team's practice squads.

SABURZFAN
11-24-2009, 08:56 AM

it's a cluster****.

where are these guys now who pissed and moaned about your posts criticizing the team before the season started?

chalk up another one for the Realists. :chug:

malo
11-24-2009, 09:36 AM
Too many projects and special teamers.

Ground Chuck
11-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Way too many special teamers. Watch any punt or kickoff coverage and you'll see 8 guys who can't play on offense or defense.

I'm surprised that we haven't put Wood and McKinney on IR and signed a couple of OL by now.

G Wolly
11-24-2009, 10:14 AM
Jackson and McIntyre

bigbub2352
11-24-2009, 10:24 AM
I have started numerous threads about this Roster mismangement and Depth has killed us the whole time under the Skeletor regime
We have no depth at all on either side of the ball
yet we got 7 WRs
and like 12 DBs
unreal

Buddo
11-24-2009, 11:29 AM
I believe that Hall is on the practise squad, so if Lynch is unable to go, he should be brought up. As to O-Line, we just don't have enough atm, and need to bring in another guard asap. Things may change some, depending on who might actually be getting fit after missing time. Stroud may be able to go this week. Bell is another who again may be able to come back.
The roster mismanagement has definitely been an issue for the last couple of years. We just never seem to have enough of the big boys on the lines, to cover when we have more than one injury.
Whoever said about how many WRs we have on the roster, is spot on. We only ever seem to have 3 on the field anyway, why are we keeping 7? Parrish and Jenkins are both largely superfluous in all honesty. We could probably lose at least one of the corners also. We have far too many ST 'only' guys around.
Ignoring the injuries, the Bills could already have another 2 O-Linemen on the roster, and an extra DT as well.
ATM, it's very much 'make do and mend' in all fairness, as the injury column has gone out of all proportions, yet how much could the team as a whole have been improved, and given more chance to put things right, if we had had guys in our system from the get go.

bflojohn
11-24-2009, 12:08 PM
Next year, we all should be able to say good bye and good riddance to this type of nonsense! Sadly, 2010 can't get here quick enough!

elltrain22
11-24-2009, 12:19 PM
It's your 2009 Buffalo Bills courtesy of Trickie Dick, Tom Modrak, John Guy, and Russ Brandon. Thanks alot you dumb MF's!!!!!!!!!!!

HHURRICANE
11-24-2009, 02:40 PM

Start Omon!!

BertSquirtgum
11-24-2009, 02:55 PM
i have no idea why the **** omon was not kept here or rhodes for that matter.

edit: rhodes is still a free agent why in the hell have we not signed him yet? i'm sure they released him because he wanted to be a starter, so they gave him that chance. obviously no one wants him as a starter because he's still a free agent. maybe the bills should think about bringing him in again.

BertSquirtgum
11-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Start Omon!!

hate to break it to you but Omon is on the Seattle Seahawks. just in case you honestly didn't already know that. which i highly doubt.

realdealryan
11-24-2009, 04:06 PM
get on the phone with Mike Hart's agent....he looked good for those two plays last year lol

Scumbag College
11-24-2009, 06:04 PM
hate to break it to you but Omon is on the Seattle Seahawks. just in case you honestly didn't already know that. which i highly doubt.

Isn't Omon on the practice squad in Seattle? If so, bring him in!!! He couldn't have forgotten these running plays from this offense:

1. Run right
2. Run left
3. Run up the middle

Slick
11-24-2009, 06:37 PM
If you put a player on IR and replace him with another, that's two players that you have to pay. Simple Ralphonomics 101.

jamze132
11-25-2009, 04:42 AM
6 more games folks, 6 more games...

Commissioner
11-25-2009, 07:42 AM

Its cause we employ guys like Wendling and Corto.... and many other guys that wouldn't make an NFL roster elsewhere.