PDA

View Full Version : Hiring Ernie Accorsi Or Ron Wolf To Consult The Next 2 Months Would Be Wise

Night Train
11-24-2009, 07:28 AM
Someone with league wide respect to come in the next few weeks and get a read on this organization would be the wisest move.

Odds are no big name coaches are going to jump early at any Bills offer, with several more openings probably looming come January. Plus the general feeling to the outside world may be the Bills are every bit as dysfunctional as the Raiders, Lions etc. Other big $$ offers may be out there.

If someone like Accorsi or Wolf could write up a report on our current situation and what needs to change, a name coach may be more at ease to seriously consider coming here. Plus Ralph may actually listen to him. Win/win.

Someone with the right resume needs to explain to Ralph that promoting stooges from the insurance office in Detroit or hiring 3rd rate asst. coaches is a sure ticket to nowhere in the NFL every time.

This makes sense, so it's a 10,000-1 shot the Bills will do it.

Jan Reimers
11-24-2009, 07:36 AM
I agree. The guy should be a totally objective outsider with a history of building, or rebuilding, teams.

Kind of the anti-Marv.

Historian
11-24-2009, 07:43 AM
And he should have in his contract that he overrules the accountant Littman on football decisions.

SABURZFAN
11-24-2009, 08:48 AM
i disagree with hiring these guys.

bflojohn
11-24-2009, 11:57 AM
The Patriots, if I'm NOT mistaken, hired Floyd Reese to "consult" and contribute to their cause, so why is the expectation that someone the ilk of Ron Wolf or Ernie Accorsi aren't able to help the Bills in this current turn of events? There is no shame in getting all the help you can find when the job is considered daunting! Go hire someone Ralph, and listen to their councel....