PDA

View Full Version : Let’s hope Bills are working on a Plan B

patmoran2006
11-24-2009, 08:43 AM
It was a week ago today, following a 41-17 road loss to one of football’s hottest teams in Tennessee, that the Buffalo Bills relieved head coach Dick Jauron of his duties and promoted defensive coordinator Perry Fewell to interim head coach. Since then, the Bills have lost a close road game in Jacksonville, suffered two more devastating, season-ending injuries, and crept a little closer toward the top of the 2010 NFL Draft order.
Most interestingly of all, they’ve also been linked to nearly every big-name head coach on the market.

Mike Shanahan, former head coach of Denver, will meet with the Bills at some point this week, before Thanksgiving on Thursday. The team went after Jon Gruden briefly before he re-upped his contract with ESPN’s “Monday Night Football.” Last night, NFL.com reported that the Bills have reached out to former Pittsburgh head coach Bill Cowher. Tangentially, names like Mike Holmgren, Tony Dungy and Marty Schottenheimer have been mentioned, too, though it seems apparent that none of those three men are particularly interested in coaching again.

Heck, even Charlie Weis has been mentioned. (I’ll restrain myself on that one for the time being.)

MORE (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/11/lets-hope-bills-are-working-on-a-plan-b/)

SABURZFAN
11-24-2009, 08:46 AM
The Old Fart will probably have to go through the whole alphabet before any plan works.

Dozerdog
11-24-2009, 08:48 AM
Since Bill Polian left, I think we are on Plan F or G

SABURZFAN
11-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Since Bill Polian left, I think we are on Plan F or G

it feels like we been through the alphabet twice. :ill:

baalworship
11-24-2009, 10:20 AM
I like what the Falcons did with hiring the Patriots director of college scouting when they lost out on Parcells. The Bills should find a young on the rise GM who has had success with a team like the Ravens, Giants, Eagles etc

Typ0
11-24-2009, 11:04 AM
The Old Fart will probably have to go through the whole alphabet before any plan works.

Hey, as long as he gets a big media stir going centered around all these big names he can sell that he tried to get them before he hired another loser.

kernowboy
11-24-2009, 11:21 AM
I can't see Cowher as a GM/Head Coach anyway.

It was Donahoe and then Colbert who provided him with players and to be honest the superb line of co-ordinators he had, had as much to do with Pittsburgh winning as Cowher did.

bflojohn
11-24-2009, 11:25 AM
Why? Why plan B or any other "plan" right now? The ONLY vacancy in the entire NFL is Buffalo, so Ralph can go into the full court press and land his guy. Until I hear that Mike Shanahan is a definite NO, I'll just wait and see! The early returns for the Bills still seem good, to me, and I am not going to let National media outlets cloud the issue. Ralph said it is likely to be a clean sweep organizationally, and I believe him. This takes time folks, so hang in there!!

SABURZFAN
11-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Hey, as long as he gets a big media stir going centered around all these big names he can sell that he tried to get them before he hired another loser.

that's exactly what is happening and that's exactly what we're going to see. :ill:

Yasgur's Farm
11-24-2009, 12:22 PM
I'm sure the Bills plan looks something like this:

Plan A - Shanahan comes in this week. Bills make a GM/coach offer that expires Monday. If he doesn't accept it...

Plan B - Bills make a GM/coach offer to Gruden, Cowher, Shottenheimer and Holmgren that expires next Monday. First to accept gets it. If no takers...

Plan C - Bills make GM offer to Shottenheimer and Holmgen that expires the following Monday. First to accept gets it. If no takers...

Plan D - Bills interview all who are interested in the GM job and hire the best. New GM hires his coach.

If this progression is followed, I'm an excited Bills fan.

Forward_Lateral
11-24-2009, 12:49 PM
I'll believe it when I actually see it.

BTW, Ralph gets no credit for "trying" if he offers Shanahan or some other big name coach a ridiculously low number and they reject it.

Yasgur's Farm
11-24-2009, 12:52 PM
J. F'G C.!! Should we just curl up into the fetal position and wait for death?!

ddaryl
11-24-2009, 01:41 PM
J. F'G C.!! Should we just curl up into the fetal position and wait for death?!

in regards to the Bills... pretty much have curled up and death is a welcomed site

BillsWin
11-24-2009, 01:46 PM
Shanahan to Bills. I can feel it.