PDA

View Full Version : Any college coaches?

Canadian'eh!
11-24-2009, 10:25 AM
Are there and NCAA guys that would interest you for our HC job?

The 1 that realyl would interest me is Urban Meyer. He's done a great job wherever he's been. Not sure he'd be interested but i'd definitely consider him.

I think Pete Carroll is a great college coach and recruiter, but i never felt like his personality and coaching style was right for the nfl. Plus his situation is abotu 10x better than ours. lol

I'm not tenitrely sure who else might be of interest.

I like the guy from Texas Tech, but maybe more as an OC. Mike Leach is it? Speaking of O Coordinators... the guy from Boise state is another good one.

kernowboy
11-24-2009, 11:54 AM
Mike Leach never had any experience of the NFL so I'd say no.

The current hot ticket is Jim Harbaugh who has done well at Stanford. Pair him with an upcoming GM like Eric deCosta and some talented co-ordinators like Frank Reich of the Colts and maybe Kevin Butler of the Steelers to run a 3-4 and I think we'd have a coaching staff I would be interested in cutting some slack

RockStar36
11-24-2009, 11:55 AM
I wouldn't mind Steve Spurries, Nick Saban, or Bobby Petrino.

DraftBoy
11-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Gary Patterson
Kevin Sumlin

both would interest me.

Jaybird
11-24-2009, 12:29 PM
Turner GIll

Forward_Lateral
11-24-2009, 12:54 PM
I wouldn't mind Steve Spurries, Nick Saban, or Bobby Petrino.

Please. God. No.

Forward_Lateral
11-24-2009, 12:55 PM
If the Bills hire Pete Caroll I might seriously consider turning in my fan card. I hate that douche with a passion. Ever since he was coach of the Pats, I can't stand that arrogant *****.

I like Harbaugh and what he's done with Stanford, but I really doubt he's ready to be an NFL head coach.

Block "O"
11-24-2009, 12:59 PM
greg robinson, the defensive coordinator from michigan would be a solid candidate IMHO

Forward_Lateral
11-24-2009, 01:00 PM
greg robinson, the defensive coordinator from michigan would be a solid candidate IMHO

:rofl: Are you serious? Have you watched a Michigan football game in the past 2 seasons?

I'm a huge Michigan fan, and I find this ridiculous, unless it's a joke.

patmoran2006
11-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Are there and NCAA guys that would interest you for our HC job?

The 1 that realyl would interest me is Urban Meyer. He's done a great job wherever he's been. Not sure he'd be interested but i'd definitely consider him.

I think Pete Carroll is a great college coach and recruiter, but i never felt like his personality and coaching style was right for the nfl. Plus his situation is abotu 10x better than ours. lol

I'm not tenitrely sure who else might be of interest.

I like the guy from Texas Tech, but maybe more as an OC. Mike Leach is it? Speaking of O Coordinators... the guy from Boise state is another good one.

I would love Meyer, but there is no way that's ever happening.

Canadian'eh!
11-24-2009, 01:19 PM

He has a pretty great job at Florida, and could have the Notre Dame job in a heartbeat if he wanted it.

Not to mention a lot ofother NFL jobs as well i bet.

So, while I know it's not really gonna happen, I fiugre if we can fantasize about Cowher, Gruden and Shanny... why not Meyer too?

LOL

Block "O"
11-24-2009, 01:24 PM

I don't know why big time college coaches would even want to go to the NFL. They roughly make nearly the same money and they get 7-10 first round draft every year instead of 1.