PDA

View Full Version : Give The Ball To Brohm

patmoran2006
11-24-2009, 10:34 AM
I'm pretty strong in my opinion this kid needs to start at least 2 or more game this year for us.

Maybe, just maybe Brohm looks great. Maybe they don’t have to reach for the third or fourth quarterback on the board next April, and can instead focus on a top offensive tackle or linebacker.

Playing the ‘nobody else wanted Brohm so he must not be good’ card is weak. How many teams wanted Jason Peters or Fred Jackson? That worked out quite well for this franchise. Besides, what do you have to lose now? If he stinks, he’ll fit in nicely with Fitzpatrick and Edwards and we’ll reach for yet another quarterback next April.

MORE (http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/2009/11/give-the-ball-to-brohm/)

kernowboy
11-24-2009, 11:48 AM
Quite agree

This year the QBs are mediocre, so maybe Brohm can hold the fort whilst other vital positions like LT are addressed.

RockStar36
11-24-2009, 11:54 AM
He should play, but he needs a little more time to get the playbook down, assuming it's that complicated in the first place.

bigbub2352
11-24-2009, 12:00 PM
i would agree but 1 more week cause he needs to learn the plays,
anything is better than the crap we got now

TigerJ
11-24-2009, 12:01 PM
Yeah, I'd like to see him get two or three starts. Not for another week or two though. The good news is that both Schonert and Van Pelt had some west coast background, and the Bills offense does incorporate some of it. Brohm has been indoctrinated in the west coast at Green Bay, so maybe it won't be all that foreign to him coming in and trying to learn the Bills' system. If the terminology is similar that will be a huge advantage in trying to get him oriented quickly.

elltrain22
11-24-2009, 12:04 PM
I agree wholeheartedly w/ you Pat. I wanted to see him last week. I am very high on this guy. I don't buy into that he is crap, and doesn't have any kind of star potential. If he is coached up, and given a chance to play, who knows.

ddaryl
11-24-2009, 12:10 PM
I would love to see him play if for no other reason but to give me a reason to look forward to a Bills game

feldspar
11-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Give the ball to Brohm and give the boot to everyone else. Starting someone else this year at this point is just a waste of time. Put Brohm in as soon as he is ready and not a minute later.

mybills
11-24-2009, 02:18 PM
but then Billacheat would have film on him.

madness
11-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Absolutely agree. If Brohm can show something...anything....our chances of landing a high profile coach will look much better.

casdhf
11-24-2009, 02:30 PM
Todd Collins was a 2nd rounder.