PDA

View Full Version : Now Marty S. says he's not interested

patmoran2006
11-24-2009, 01:37 PM
Working on a full detailed report for tomorrow morning, but I can tell you Michael Smith from PFT said that Marty S (hate spelling his name) is not a coaching or GM candidate.

Its looking like Shanahan or bust for the Bills if they're really going after a "big name" coach. By NO MEANS am I saying we cant or won't find a good coach no matter what; I'm just saying that for the big named guys that a lot of people want, it's him or nothing.

IF you are a Shanahan fan, I would very highly recommend you root for Dallas to do well enough for Phillips to keep his job.

T-Long
11-24-2009, 01:43 PM
I've been saying all along that Marty doesn't want to coach. He says it over and over and over again, but yet people still think he's going to. This all but solidifies the fact.

TedMock
11-24-2009, 01:46 PM
Ch 2 reported a day or 2 ago that Marty told them he wasn't interested. I wondered why his name kept coming up after that.

Griz78
11-24-2009, 02:09 PM
Instead of paying a coach 10 million bones, let's get a good GM like DeCosta. Look what a good GM did for Atlanta. We will need the cash to pay the high draft pick we get.

At least Ralph tried to get a big name coach but as many others have stated, let's get this front office in order.

DMBcrew36
11-24-2009, 02:10 PM
Working on a full detailed report for tomorrow morning, but I can tell you Michael Smith from PFT said that Marty S (hate spelling his name) is not a coaching or GM candidate.

Its looking like Shanahan or bust for the Bills if they're really going after a "big name" coach. By NO MEANS am I saying we cant or won't find a good coach no matter what; I'm just saying that for the big named guys that a lot of people want, it's him or nothing.

IF you are a Shanahan fan, I would very highly recommend you root for Dallas to do well enough for Phillips to keep his job.

I'm pretty sure we all already knew Marty said he isn't interested because he doesn't want to coach. Old news.

Demon
11-24-2009, 02:12 PM
I'm pretty sure we all already knew Marty said he isn't interested because he doesn't want to coach. Old news.

Yeah, he said it on Sirius radio few weeks ago he will not return. His name kept coming up but he keeps saying no. This is old news. I don't even think it warrants a story, he's not rejecting us, he's just happy being retired.

DMBcrew36
11-24-2009, 02:24 PM
Yeah, he said it on Sirius radio few weeks ago he will not return. His name kept coming up but he keeps saying no. This is old news. I don't even think it warrants a story, he's not rejecting us, he's just happy being retired.

Yep. I don't understand the thread title. "NOW he's saying this," as though he was saything something else before. He has maintained he isn't interested in coaching. It's nothing new.

dasaybz
11-24-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm surprised there isn't some link back to your site after giving all of us this priceless info.

RockStar36
11-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Here is the link from ESPN's Tim Graham for those who don't listen to Sirius or continue to think Marty will be in Buffalo.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/12756/schottenheimer-uninterested-in-bills-job

patmoran2006
11-24-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm surprised there isn't some link back to your site after giving all of us this priceless info.
Want there to be?

HHURRICANE
11-24-2009, 02:51 PM
I think Shottenheimer might still be in the mix.

I remember Vermeil doing the same thing. Marty has never had 10 million a year waved in his face before.

Dicknoze69
11-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Mort's latest from Twitter:

@mortreport: Ha, as I said on MNCD, Marty Schottenheimer will deny interest in any job; but if an owner said right things, he'd listen.

RockStar36
11-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Want there to be?

Don't worry, I already gave everyone a link.

Typ0
11-24-2009, 03:29 PM
it's those optimistic [idiot] bills fans that think there is a shot at him coming here. If you don't think we can land shotty then you are not a fit human being to breath the same air as an optimist and should move to the moon.

Raptor
11-24-2009, 03:32 PM
File this under DUH!

Anyone with Sirius radio will and has been saying that he is done because he has been saying it weekly for about a year now

Raptor
11-24-2009, 03:37 PM
Mort's latest from Twitter:

@mortreport: Ha, as I said on MNCD, Marty Schottenheimer will deny interest in any job; but if an owner said right things, he'd listen.

I think Mort just got caught playing the connect the dots media game and now he's trying to back peddle out of it

Dots connected:

Bills need a coach...Marty is unemployed...Marty used to be a Bill...Conclusion=Marty may be a candidate for the job

Mort thought he would get the jump with likely not even knowing Marty says he's done with coaching on a weekly basis on Sirius

BertSquirtgum
11-24-2009, 03:43 PM
he was never interested to begin with.