• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bufftp
    Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

The Big Uglies

What we need as much as a a coach, a QB are top notch Big Uglies on both sides of the Line. No QB has a chance behind our O-line, and any skill positions on the O will be improved by a great O-line.

Get D-line to stop the run and pressure the QB.

Buffalos biggest liability and cause of our annual futility has been bad lines on both sides of the ball.
    Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
    "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
    Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
    - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
    to be led by permanent ideals -
    that is what keeps a man patient
    when the world ignores him,
    and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

• YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: The Big Uglies

Can't argue with that.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

Buffalo's youngsters on the offensive line all have pretty good upside, but the operative word here is youngsters. There's too much youth and not enough veteran leadership.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

We need fat guys who are somehow athletic...

Comment

• Historian
          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
          • Dec 2002

Can't say we haven't tried. We took Williams at #4. He should still be an anchor to our line.

We developed Peters to Pro Bowl caliber. But he wanted to leave.

Walker....Dockery...the list goes on.

We've tried. The problem as I see it, is in the scouting, and the Pro Personnel area: We have not been the same team since Dwight Adfdams was squeezed into retirement by Donahoe.

There was a reason he was at ESPN answering fan emails.

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Bufftp
            What we need as much as a a coach, a QB are top notch Big Uglies on both sides of the Line. No QB has a chance behind our O-line, and any skill positions on the O will be improved by a great O-line.

Get D-line to stop the run and pressure the QB.

Buffalos biggest liability and cause of our annual futility has been bad lines on both sides of the ball.
            I agree that this years OL is sub-par. I think they are poorly coached but some have the potential to be very good.

I'm not so sure our DT's are sub-par.

And I think our DE's are the right type for the scheme, but that the scheme itself is sub-par. Get me 6' 4" - 6' 6", 260-290 DE's in a 3-4 scheme and we may be way better off.

So,

I agree that drafting a big DE and an OT would be a smart move this year. Unless we do something in FA.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
              I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
              • Sep 2004

**** the FA, we need help on both lines and we should go from round one to fourth to get help for the lines.
              The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Mike in Syracuse
                • Jul 2002

Ironically Wood and Levitre fit perfectly into the blocking style that the Broncos used to run.

Comment

Working...
                X