PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible....

SABURZFAN
11-25-2009, 05:23 AM
that Jim Kelly's people are going to own the Bills soon and are fueling these $10-12 million offers?

Night Train
11-25-2009, 05:27 AM
Wow. I thought the same thing, SAB.

What if Ralph is letting them buy a small piece and they're telling him to spend it on the front office. It's not a bad guess at all. Either way, Kelly and the other former players like Thurman,Talley etc. are pleading with Ralph to spend the $$ up top.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-25-2009, 05:32 AM
I know Ralph owns the team, but wouldn't the NFL have to know about this and aprove it?

Joe Fo Sho
11-25-2009, 05:37 AM
I know Ralph owns the team, but wouldn't the NFL have to know about this and aprove it?

Pfffft, the NFL? The hell do they need to know?

GET IT DONE JIMBO!!!

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-25-2009, 05:40 AM
They did have a say in the rams ownership. Rush

Luisito23
11-25-2009, 05:57 AM
If indeed it is true, and this is how the new Kelly regime is going to start, then we're in for some crazy things such as we've never even imagined...Sadly though Sab I highly doubt it.

SABURZFAN
11-25-2009, 06:04 AM
If indeed it is true, and this is how the new Kelly regime is going to start, then we're in for some crazy things such as we've never even imagined...Sadly though Sab I highly doubt it.

i don't know. what is the highest salary of the current NFL coach? $6-7 million??? i find it hard to believe that Wilson ALONE would be throwing out $10-12 million offers. i even heard he's offering a piece of the team. after years of penny pinching, what gives with the splurging all of a sudden? i think there's more to the story than what we know.

Luisito23
11-25-2009, 06:08 AM
i don't know. what is the highest salary of the current NFL coach? $6-7 million??? i find it hard to believe that Wilson ALONE would be throwing out $10-12 million offers. i even heard he's offering a piece of the team. after years of penny pinching, what gives with the splurging all of a sudden? i think there's more to the story than what we know.

For everything that's right in this world I hope you're right bro. :hi5:

X-Era
11-25-2009, 06:22 AM
that Jim Kelly's people are going to own the Bills soon and are fueling these $10-12 million offers?

Yes.

I think Ralph may sell the team BEFORE he dies, so he can sell it to whomever he wants and keep it right here in Buffalo.

Cash to cap, all the cap clearing, maybe be partly to get a quality HC and give him a fresh team which can be built his way, and/or to get the team ready to sell.

X-Era
11-25-2009, 06:23 AM

Yes, the sale must be approved by the league. But the league wont turn down a sale which keeps them here.

X-Era
11-25-2009, 06:25 AM

Totally agree.

I do think that Ralph might have finally realized that the last time he went to the SB was with a HOF head coach and that its probably going to take another one to get back there.

Dockery, Walker, Evans, and TO make a decent argument that he isn't cheap.

I think part of it is that they so under spent over the past few seasons that they have a large cash reserve and want to splurge some of it to get a proven HC.

elltrain22
11-25-2009, 06:29 AM
if true, that would be one very good christmas present

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-25-2009, 06:43 AM
Yes, the sale must be approved by the league. But the league wont turn down a sale which keeps them here.

That was not the point I was making. My point was this would be made public? Correct?

TacklingDummy
11-25-2009, 06:48 AM
Won't matter who the coach is with the QB the Bills currently have on the roster.

I'd rather see a new GM first.

Typ0
11-25-2009, 06:48 AM

How do you know? The league consists of the other NFL owners you know. Most of those guys would do anything to get rid of revenue sharing.

Typ0
11-25-2009, 06:49 AM
Pfffft, the NFL? The hell do they need to know?

GET IT DONE JIMBO!!!

Nice thought but the NFL would have to be in the loop because no change of ownership can take place without their approval. I don't think that means the information has to be made public though.

SABURZFAN
11-25-2009, 07:07 AM
Dockery, Walker, Evans, and TO make a decent argument that he isn't cheap.

i disagree. even when you throw Schobel and Kelsay in with their bloated contracts, it doesn't give an indication where the team sits salary cap wise overall.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-25-2009, 07:11 AM
i disagree. even when you throw Schobel and Kelsay in with their bloated contracts, it doesn't give an indication where the team sits salary cap wise overall.

They have also let many player so via free agents. Also the the bills being under the cap means nothing, 2010 being an uncapped year.

Typ0
11-25-2009, 07:15 AM
They have also let many player so via free agents. Also the the bills being under the cap means nothing, 2010 being an uncapped year.

I think the bills being under the cap is indicative of how much they are willing to spend on payroll.

Typ0
11-25-2009, 07:17 AM
hopefully RW has been saving his cash for an uncapped year and will try and buy one...but I'm not holding my breath. I love all this speculation and all...but that's all it is and we've seen time and time again the organization doesn't get the right things done.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-25-2009, 07:20 AM
hopefully RW has been saving his cash for an uncapped year and will try and buy one...but I'm not holding my breath. I love all this speculation and all...but that's all it is and we've seen time and time again the organization doesn't get the right things done.

I agree, I got to see it before I believe it, especially with Ralph's history. All it is right now is speculation and talk and talk is cheap.

SABURZFAN
11-25-2009, 09:53 AM
I agree, I got to see it before I believe it, especially with Ralph's history. All it is right now is speculation and talk and talk is cheap.

and so is The Old Fart.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-25-2009, 09:58 AM
and so is The Old Fart.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Not lately from what I'm hearing

SABURZFAN
11-25-2009, 10:01 AM
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Not lately from what I'm hearing

you said it yourself.....

talk is cheap. The Old Fart is ALL talk.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-25-2009, 10:04 AM
you said it yourself.....

talk is cheap. The Old Fart is ALL talk.

Don't get me wrong I got to see it before I believe it.

SABURZFAN
11-25-2009, 10:22 AM
Don't get me wrong I got to see it before I believe it.

same here. i just won't be surprised when/if somebody comes in here for a 1/4 of what he's talking either. then the excuse of not landing the guy he wants.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-25-2009, 10:42 AM
same here. i just won't be surprised when/if somebody comes in here for a 1/4 of what he's talking either. then the excuse of not landing the guy he wants.

Ralph sure has a history of that. I'm not sure what to believe with all these rumors and speculation. But I know one thing, it sure does not sound like the Ralph I know, so I'll wait and see.