• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

Is it possible....

that Jim Kelly's people are going to own the Bills soon and are fueling these $10-12 million offers?
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Is it possible....

Wow. I thought the same thing, SAB.

What if Ralph is letting them buy a small piece and they're telling him to spend it on the front office. It's not a bad guess at all. Either way, Kelly and the other former players like Thurman,Talley etc. are pleading with Ralph to spend the $$ up top.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• BoyILuvLoznStupidly
      • Sep 2009

I know Ralph owns the team, but wouldn't the NFL have to know about this and aprove it?

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
        Making Spirits Bright
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by BoyILuvLoznStupidly
        I know Ralph owns the team, but wouldn't the NFL have to know about this and aprove it?
        Pfffft, the NFL? The hell do they need to know?

GET IT DONE JIMBO!!!

Comment

• BoyILuvLoznStupidly
          • Sep 2009

They did have a say in the rams ownership. Rush

Comment

• Luisito23
            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
            • Apr 2003

If indeed it is true, and this is how the new Kelly regime is going to start, then we're in for some crazy things such as we've never even imagined...Sadly though Sab I highly doubt it.
            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Luisito23
              If indeed it is true, and this is how the new Kelly regime is going to start, then we're in for some crazy things such as we've never even imagined...Sadly though Sab I highly doubt it.

i don't know. what is the highest salary of the current NFL coach? $6-7 million??? i find it hard to believe that Wilson ALONE would be throwing out $10-12 million offers. i even heard he's offering a piece of the team. after years of penny pinching, what gives with the splurging all of a sudden? i think there's more to the story than what we know.
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Luisito23
                Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                i don't know. what is the highest salary of the current NFL coach? $6-7 million??? i find it hard to believe that Wilson ALONE would be throwing out $10-12 million offers. i even heard he's offering a piece of the team. after years of penny pinching, what gives with the splurging all of a sudden? i think there's more to the story than what we know.

For everything that's right in this world I hope you're right bro.
                "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

that Jim Kelly's people are going to own the Bills soon and are fueling these $10-12 million offers?
                  Yes.

I think Ralph may sell the team BEFORE he dies, so he can sell it to whomever he wants and keep it right here in Buffalo.

Cash to cap, all the cap clearing, maybe be partly to get a quality HC and give him a fresh team which can be built his way, and/or to get the team ready to sell.

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BoyILuvLoznStupidly
                    Yes, the sale must be approved by the league. But the league wont turn down a sale which keeps them here.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Totally agree.

I do think that Ralph might have finally realized that the last time he went to the SB was with a HOF head coach and that its probably going to take another one to get back there.

Dockery, Walker, Evans, and TO make a decent argument that he isn't cheap.

I think part of it is that they so under spent over the past few seasons that they have a large cash reserve and want to splurge some of it to get a proven HC.

Comment

• elltrain22
                        • Sep 2003

if true, that would be one very good christmas present
                        If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• BoyILuvLoznStupidly
                          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by X-Era
                          Yes, the sale must be approved by the league. But the league wont turn down a sale which keeps them here.
                          That was not the point I was making. My point was this would be made public? Correct?

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Won't matter who the coach is with the QB the Bills currently have on the roster.

I'd rather see a new GM first.

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era

How do you know? The league consists of the other NFL owners you know. Most of those guys would do anything to get rid of revenue sharing.

Comment

Working...
                              X