PDA

View Full Version : Anybody hear 550 this AM?

Yasgur's Farm
11-25-2009, 06:47 AM
I'm trying to confirm what's been posted at BBMB...

5 year $50M offer and a piece of the team.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-25-2009, 06:48 AM
ya i am now, I think it's all speculation, with Ralph's history, I have to see it to believe it.

mybills
11-25-2009, 06:51 AM
I'm trying to confirm what's been posted at BBMB...

5 year $50M offer and a piece of the team.
for what? To whom? more info please?

Typ0
11-25-2009, 06:57 AM
what is all this piece of the team crap? RW has refused to sell the team for 20 years now he's going to give it away?

tampabay25690
11-25-2009, 07:02 AM
what is all this piece of the team crap? RW has refused to sell the team for 20 years now he's going to give it away?

How do you know he hasn't tried to sell the team???
To be honest he has protected this team for years when others would buy and leave Buffalo....You have no idea what you are talking about so do assume....The only way this all going to happen is % of the team and investors.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-25-2009, 07:02 AM

The're reports that Ralph is offering 50 mil for 5 years and a share of the team on wgr 550

http://player.streamtheworld.com/_players/entercom/player/?id=WGR

Typ0
11-25-2009, 07:05 AM
How do you know he hasn't tried to sell the team???
To be honest he has protected this team for years when others would buy and leave Buffalo....You have no idea what you are talking about so do assume....The only way this all going to happen is % of the team and investors.

Several people, not just Ralph Wilson, have gone on record that RW won't even discuss an offer for the team. So, if not discussing an offer is not willing to sell the team I don't know what is.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-25-2009, 07:05 AM

It would be all very small %, if it is even true

Buddo
11-25-2009, 07:06 AM
By the looks of it, it's all based on Carucci's nfl.com article. Basically that says that Ralph is prepared to go that far, if the guy is right. Doesn't mean that he's going to do it, or that Shanahan would take it though.
I think what we are seeing here, is that Ralph is saying, 'You want commitment? Here's commitment!'
I think that a piece of the team, is actually not a bad thing either, in that it pretty much ensures the commitment of whatever coach it may be.

Typ0
11-25-2009, 07:07 AM
By the looks of it, it's all based on Carucci's nfl.com article. Basically that says that Ralph is prepared to go that far, if the guy is right. Doesn't mean that he's going to do it, or that Shanahan would take it though.
I think what we are seeing here, is that Ralph is saying, 'You want commitment? Here's commitment!'
I think that a piece of the team, is actually not a bad thing either, in that it pretty much ensures the commitment of whatever coach it may be.

Commitment would be getting something done not talking about it.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-25-2009, 07:08 AM

Well put

Buddo
11-25-2009, 07:09 AM

Gets commitment from both sides in the deal.
You wouldn't be looking at any control level 'piece', but perhaps a 10-15% piece. That of itself, would represent rather a large bonus if the team were sold in the future.

SABURZFAN
11-25-2009, 07:09 AM

sources close to Shanahan say that's what he wants.

tampabay25690
11-25-2009, 07:12 AM
That is a good thing if its Shannahan becuase he will demand more power then a coach anyway. If and I say If we hire Shannahan I will tell you this team will not be in the bottom of offense ever. He will get the right QB for his system in here..

Typ0
11-25-2009, 07:12 AM
Gets commitment from both sides in the deal.
You wouldn't be looking at any control level 'piece', but perhaps a 10-15% piece. That of itself, would represent rather a large bonus if the team were sold in the future.

are you frigging nuts? 10% of the team is worth 100 million dollars. Why even bother paying him $12 M? What would the coaching commitment be for that kind of dough?

Typ0
11-25-2009, 07:14 AM
That is a good thing if its Shannahan becuase he will demand more power then a coach anyway. If and I say If we hire Shannahan I will tell you this team will not be in the bottom of offense ever. He will get the right QB for his system in here..

the guy has never really built anything up from the bottom. For $112 M he ought to bring 10 straight years of undefeated seasons.

Buddo
11-25-2009, 07:18 AM
are you frigging nuts? 10% of the team is worth 100 million dollars. Why even bother paying him $12 M? What would the coaching commitment be for that kind of dough?

The team isn't worth a billion, which is what you are implying. It may be worth in the region of $700 million.
Ralph isn't actually 'giving' that money away anyway, as it's all tied up in the 'worth' of the franchise. It's also money that he, or his family, is never likely to see. What's the big deal then?

THATHURMANATOR
11-25-2009, 07:35 AM
I can't imagine the percentage to be higher than 1 or 2%. Either way I don't care. Get him in here.

Yasgur's Farm
11-25-2009, 07:36 AM
I would say "a piece" would be in the range of 1%... That's ~$10M which would equate to $2M per year over the 5 year deal. I guess that would be the $12M per year talked about yesterday.

Commissioner
11-25-2009, 07:41 AM
I like it.... a stake in the franchise would be an even bigger incentive for him to be successful here.... Not saying that $12 million a year isn't enough...

Typ0
11-25-2009, 07:57 AM
The team isn't worth a billion, which is what you are implying. It may be worth in the region of $700 million.
Ralph isn't actually 'giving' that money away anyway, as it's all tied up in the 'worth' of the franchise. It's also money that he, or his family, is never likely to see. What's the big deal then?

are you serious? are there really people that believe things like this in the world?

THATHURMANATOR
11-25-2009, 08:03 AM
Forbes: Buffalo Bills valued at $909 million

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2009/9/2/1013072/forbes-buffalo-bills-valued-at-909

In its annual release of NFL team valuations, Forbes lists the Buffalo Bills as worth an estimated $909 million, the seventh-lowest valued team in the league. The Oakland Raiders, worth approximately $797 million, are valued lowest, with the Dallas Cowboys ($1.65 billion) pacing the NFL.

However, the Bills did a roaring trade over the past year, as they paced the league along with three other franchises - New England, Tampa Bay and San Diego - in highest one-year value percentage increase, growing their worth by three percent. Once again, Oakland brought up the rear in this category, watching their value drop by seven percent.

Typ0
11-25-2009, 08:30 AM
Forbes: Buffalo Bills valued at $909 million

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2009/9/2/1013072/forbes-buffalo-bills-valued-at-909

that too. I was talking about the "it isn't real money" garbage!

trapezeus
11-25-2009, 08:37 AM
giving ownership means that its harder for the famed kelly group to buy the team.

if shanahan isn't committed to the area, he could either push a sale to the highest bidder when ralph passes. He could also stymy a kelly group offer deemed too small that maybe ralph's estate would say yes to.

this might not be such a good thing to give up ownership.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-25-2009, 08:50 AM
giving ownership means that its harder for the famed kelly group to buy the team.

if shanahan isn't committed to the area, he could either push a sale to the highest bidder when ralph passes. He could also stymy a kelly group offer deemed too small that maybe ralph's estate would say yes to.

I don't think he would be giving up 100% ownership. He would be giving a percent or shares of the team 2-3% at the most. 2-3% would not give him any say if they could be moved. He would be the minority share holder. He would just collect on 2-3% of the revenue each year he owned those shares.

THATHURMANATOR
11-25-2009, 08:59 AM

He wouldn't be given any kind of serious stake in the team Trap.

realdealryan
11-25-2009, 09:13 AM

He and his 5%?

Iehoshua
11-25-2009, 09:21 AM
are you frigging nuts? 10% of the team is worth 100 million dollars. You are saying the Bills are worth 1 billion...?

:confused:

Edit* just say the post about $909 million, so close enough.

Didnt fathom they'd be worth that.

trapezeus
11-25-2009, 09:46 AM
minority owners can still stall things. I understand it's only 1-5% being talked about. But what do you do if this minority owner says no to a future sale? Let's just say hypothetically that Ralph passes and the kelly group has an offer that's a touch under market, but ok with the NFL and Ralph's estate. But Shanahan doesn't like it. He feels like he's getting gipped and he knows this means the end of his time with the team. He then refuses to sell the remaining piece. I'm not sure how it works.

I dont know if he would be in a position to stall the sale.

THATHURMANATOR
11-25-2009, 09:49 AM
minority owners can still stall things. I understand it's only 1-5% being talked about. But what do you do if this minority owner says no to a future sale? Let's just say hypothetically that Ralph passes and the kelly group has an offer that's a touch under market, but ok with the NFL and Ralph's estate. But Shanahan doesn't like it. He feels like he's getting gipped and he knows this means the end of his time with the team. He then refuses to sell the remaining piece. I'm not sure how it works.

I dont know if he would be in a position to stall the sale.
I can't imagine someone with a small stake having any say in the sale, anymore than someone who owns stock in any large corp.

HAMMER
11-25-2009, 09:51 AM
This is all Rediculous talk.

THATHURMANATOR
11-25-2009, 09:55 AM
This is all Rediculous talk.
Which part?

trapezeus
11-25-2009, 10:03 AM
i obviously don't know how a multi-owner structure works in the NFL. but i do think the more you add to the mix, the harder it is to sell.

El Guapo
11-25-2009, 10:10 AM
Minority ownership in any company with another shareholder having greater than 50% is only worth the dividends/distributions and sale of the stock. Other than that, they have zero control over the company, as they can always be out-voted by the majority shareholder.

Does a 2% share have value to a coach? Absolutely. Does the 2% owner have any true say in the company? Absolutely not. If he gets fired/quits, all he can do is voice his opinion and cash his checks (if the company makes distributions/pays dividends).

THATHURMANATOR
11-25-2009, 10:19 AM
i obviously don't know how a multi-owner structure works in the NFL. but i do think the more you add to the mix, the harder it is to sell.
I don't think it is Trap.

BillyT92679
11-25-2009, 10:21 AM
You are saying the Bills are worth 1 billion...?

:confused:

Edit* just say the post about $909 million, so close enough.

Didnt fathom they'd be worth that.
The Bills are actually worth a couple hundred million dollars more than the LA Lakers. Shows how huge the NFL really is.

Meathead
11-25-2009, 10:36 AM
i say we rename it the shanahan fieldhouse

HAMMER
11-25-2009, 10:42 AM
Which part?

10 million a year for a coach, and part ownership? Rediculous. No way I do that if I own the team. We need a god damn GM in here before anything else happens, all the rest is just poppy ****. You don't hire a coach and then a GM, that's a recipe for disaster.

realdealryan
11-25-2009, 10:45 AM
10 million a year for a coach, and part ownership? Rediculous. No way I do that if I own the team. We need a god damn GM in here before anything else happens, all the rest is just poppy ****. You don't hire a coach and then a GM, that's a recipe for disaster.

Methinks he's both-ish.

Mike Shanahan

Executive Vice President of Football Operations/Head Coach

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-25-2009, 10:46 AM

I think if you owned or any of us did we would not even be in this situation that took 10 years to get to.

Night Train
11-25-2009, 10:50 AM
Wow.

So Chan Gailey is going to own 1% of our team ? :nod:

SeatownBillsFan21
11-25-2009, 10:56 AM
Wow has this team lost that much respect over the years that we have to offer a peice of the entire team to someone to come coach here this is BS i hope and if the stakes were that high than screw Mike Shannahan i dont want him give me a OC somewhere with a decent GM and im good were not that BAD r WE??????????

HAMMER
11-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Methinks he's both-ish.

Mike Shanahan

Both-ish is the problem. We need Brandon to go back to business ops only, the personell department needs to be summarily dismissed. Then we need to hire a GM, who then needs to hire a coach.

HAMMER
11-25-2009, 11:07 AM
Methinks he's both-ish.

Mike Shanahan

Both-ish is the problem. We need Brandon to go back to business ops only, the personnel department needs to be summarily dismissed. Then we need to hire a GM, who then needs to hire a coach.

Typ0
11-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Both-ish is the problem. We need Brandon to go back to business ops only, the personnel department needs to be summarily dismissed. Then we need to hire a GM, who then needs to hire a coach.

Say it again maybe they'll hear you better.

HAMMER
11-25-2009, 03:38 PM

Here you go sunshine!

THATHURMANATOR
11-25-2009, 03:43 PM
Say it again maybe they'll hear you better.
What didnt we hear? Who says I am against bringing in a football guy for GM?

Why does this GM need to be hired before Shannahan?

Typ0
11-25-2009, 03:56 PM
What didnt we hear? Who says I am against bringing in a football guy for GM?

Why does this GM need to be hired before Shannahan?

Thurm, the question is how much GM job is going to go to shannahan if he's hired. I hear a lot of "total control" talk and don't like it. Which would you rather have:

Shannahan as the head of the administrative staff and coach.

No shannahan.

I really think giving away too much of the farm in terms of expectations and control is a big mistake here and will result in just more frustration for us fans. The problem is the GM is Shannahan not that one is going to be hired. A lot of people don't have that problem. I do.

PECKERWOOD
11-25-2009, 04:03 PM
Are you kidding? Part ownership is BRILLIANT. The incentive is this, if Shanahan get's say a measly 2% minority ownership of the team, when Ralph passes, Shanahan can then turn around and sell his 2% to a potential buyer for double of what it is now.. That 2% then becomes 4%, if the team is worth 1 billion, that 4% is now worth in the neighborhood of 45-50 MILLION dollars, on TOP of Shanahan's 12 million dollar salary to be the head coach and GM, he could walk away with 100 million!!!

Typ0
11-25-2009, 04:08 PM
Are you kidding? Part ownership is BRILLIANT. The incentive is this, if Shanahan get's say a measly 2% minority ownership of the team, when Ralph passes, Shanahan can then turn around and sell his 2% to a potential buyer for double of what it is now.. That 2% then becomes 4%, if the team is worth 1 billion, that 4% is now worth in the neighborhood of 45-50 MILLION dollars, on TOP of Shanahan's 12 million dollar salary to be the head coach and GM, he could walk away with 100 million!!!

Yeah right, and RW is dumb enough to pay someone $32 million to coach the team. I'm sure that's how he got rich.

YardRat
11-25-2009, 04:44 PM
I wouldn't believe anything WGR550 says until it's confirmed.