David Carr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Carr.

A free agent in 2010, but still young at 28.

Had a ridiculously rough time with the Texans and it was truly amazing they waited 6 years to draft a legitimate LT.

Most of the problem was caused by a joke of a line resulting in him being sacked senseless all the time.

However if we could draft an elite LT in R1 I think he could be a decent stopgap until some genuine franchise QBs entered the draft which isn't happening this year.
  • Jaybird
    • Dec 2005

Re: David Carr.

absolutely not. He has shown nothing in his career.

Comment

• psubills62
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2008

I'd be hesitant about Carr, as he went to a team with an excellent OL (Giants) and still hasn't done very well when he's been in.

There's plenty of stopgaps (imo, Fitzpatrick may be one). Carr is an option.

Personally, I'd like the new regime to draft an OT or DT in the first, pick up a QB in the 3rd or 4th rounds, then have him compete with whoever the stopgap is. If that QB doesn't appear to do well, then it's easy enough to draft a QB with our first round pick in 2011.
      "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
      - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

we got him on the roster his name is TE
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

Originally posted by psubills62
          I'd be hesitant about Carr, as he went to a team with an excellent OL (Giants) and still hasn't done very well when he's been in.

There's plenty of stopgaps (imo, Fitzpatrick may be one). Carr is an option.

Personally, I'd like the new regime to draft an OT or DT in the first, pick up a QB in the 3rd or 4th rounds, then have him compete with whoever the stopgap is. If that QB doesn't appear to do well, then it's easy enough to draft a QB with our first round pick in 2011.
          He's played in 7 games in two seasons, completed 24 passes in 36 attempts passing for 287yds and 3 TDs with 0 Ints

Consider he doesn't play unless Eli is knocked out, I don't think you can say he's done well or poorly

Comment

• BoyILuvLoznStupidly
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by bigbub2352
            we got him on the roster his name is TE
            Beat me to it.

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

Carr is like JP with half a brain. If JP would have gotten half a brain I would have been ecstatic to have him on the team. I wonder what Carr could be doing here right now instead of the guys we have.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Not really big on Carr.

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                  Not really big on Carr.

I don't know what to think of him. He played quite well in Houston he was able to make plays. The OLine was horrific year after year there and he still played. He's got mad skills. He might be really good in the right situation. But then again maybe not. Who knows. Probably better than a rookie though.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

I liked Carr coming out of school, but I'm not sure he'll ever recover from the psychological devestation he suffered behind that God-awful line in Houston.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                      Defies all logic
                      • Oct 2006

Baby you can drive my Carr, I guess I'm going to be a star, baby you can drive my Carr.

Comment

• Prov401
                        President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by kernowboy
                        A free agent in 2010, but still young at 28.

Had a ridiculously rough time with the Texans and it was truly amazing they waited 6 years to draft a legitimate LT.

Most of the problem was caused by a joke of a line resulting in him being sacked senseless all the time.

However if we could draft an elite LT in R1 I think he could be a decent stopgap until some genuine franchise QBs entered the draft which isn't happening this year.
                        Honestly, I was going to throw this out there last month, but knew I would face alot of heat, so I didn't bother. But seriously, I would love it. The guy had a great pre-season with the Giants this year, behind a good O-Line. He has the tools, the only problem I saw with him was him staring up at the sky too much in Houston. If anything, we acquire a good backup, so I say why not?
                        Last edited by Prov401; 11-25-2009, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• EDS
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                          I liked Carr coming out of school, but I'm not sure he'll ever recover from the psychological devestation he suffered behind that God-awful line in Houston.
                          I agree.

I like him as a stopgap though (and maybe as a long term back-up over Edwards and Fitz). Definitely would not break the bank for him though.

Comment

• more cowbell
                            • Apr 2006

i would rather have ryan fitzpatrick than him and thats saying A LOT
                            The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                              • Sep 2003

He sucks but my girlfriend thinks he's hot.

Comment

Working...
                              X