PDA

View Full Version : TOTAL CONTROL is the selling point.

Ground Chuck
11-25-2009, 12:11 PM
This is why the big names shouldn't wait. If the Bills are truly offering TOTAL CONTROL, they will be the only team that will. That has to be the selling point to the big guys.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-25-2009, 12:15 PM
I think it might be possible to land Shanahan or Cowher if they are serous. But it's to early to tell. Lets see what happens when they really can make an offer. Right now they can't do diddle poop till the end of the season. Will see if Ralph will put his money where his mouth is.

Mahdi
11-25-2009, 12:19 PM
Dallas and Washington would not give up total control. Carolina and Houston would.

Ground Chuck
11-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Dallas and Washington would not give up total control. Carolina and Houston would.

Carolina and Houston won't be handing over the keys like we will. There will still be GM's there who will have to be accounted for. We have no GM. We have a sales guy , old scouts, and accountants running the team. There is a huge power vacuum waiting to be filled by the right guy.

Novacane
11-25-2009, 12:47 PM
Why is a sure thing there will be jobs available in Houston, Carolina, and Dallas?

DrGraves
11-25-2009, 12:49 PM
dallas is 7-3... thats pretty damn good. there is no reason wade's job would be in jeopardy.

Mahdi
11-25-2009, 12:54 PM
Why is a sure thing there will be jobs available in Houston, Carolina, and Dallas?
Yes Dallas is doing well, I mentioned Dallas for 2 reasons.

1. Shannahan was mentioned as a candidate in Dallas before.

2. If Wade doesn't make the playoffs even with a 10-6 record, he will be fired. If he makes the playoffs and is bumped in the first round he will be fired.

Of course there is no sure thing any of the teams I mentioned will be in the market for a coach, its obviously just speculation combined with rumors.

Washington has also been rumored to want Shannahan badly.

kernowboy
11-25-2009, 12:58 PM
Consider how much debt Shanahan piled up in Denver, leaving him in overall control without a GM sends the team to LA

Mahdi
11-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Consider how much debt Shanahan piled up in Denver, leaving him in overall control without a GM sends the team to LA
Maybe he learned from that experience.

I dont think Buffalo even needs to spend a ton of cash to be a playoff team.

Novacane
11-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Big name coach's should look at Bill Parcels when considering Dallas. He got sick of Jerry Jones real quick. It may be the highest profile job but is working for a ***** like Jones worth it?

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Big name coach's should look at Bill Parcels when considering Dallas. He got sick of Jerry Jones real quick. It may be the highest profile job but working is working for a ***** like Jones worth it?

That is an interesting point. They did end up with Wade

Typ0
11-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Maybe he learned from that experience.

I dont think Buffalo even needs to spend a ton of cash to be a playoff team.

He didn't learn in Denver. He just kept doing the same thing over and over and slowly drove the team into the ground. The reason it was hard to see was he was throwing money at decent players all the time but neglectful of the long term effects of that. Eventually, the money is just not available and you've burned through too many players.

Mahdi
11-25-2009, 01:11 PM
He didn't learn in Denver. He just kept doing the same thing over and over and slowly drove the team into the ground. The reason it was hard to see was he was throwing money at decent players all the time but neglectful of the long term effects of that. Eventually, the money is just not available and you've burned through too many players.
Right but this would be a fresh start and I doubt he just goes off the handle with spending.

I expect he would make a couple big buys and then some 2nd tier signings because he will most likely move to a 3-4.

There could be a chance he would want to re-sign Owens too. He probably liked having Brandon Marhsall in Denver and Owens would replicate that.

Typ0
11-25-2009, 01:18 PM
Right but this would be a fresh start and I doubt he just goes off the handle with spending.

I expect he would make a couple big buys and then some 2nd tier signings because he will most likely move to a 3-4.

There could be a chance he would want to re-sign Owens too. He probably liked having Brandon Marhsall in Denver and Owens would replicate that.

Honestly, I don't care if he throws money around I'm a fan it's not my money I want to see wins. But I just don't think one person can do this job. Granted, he probably can do it better than having someone incompetent there but have a good coach and a good GM/Upstairs People will better equip the team to meet all those responsibilities. The coach can have a huge say in what personel are on the team without being the person doing all the wheeling and dealing. I'd rather have a coach who is a coach with only a couple exceptions with guys that have proven to build good programs on their own before.

elltrain22
11-25-2009, 01:27 PM

It's very debatable that one or either of those jobs will be available. IMO, I don't think either of those teams will fire their coach.

Mahdi
11-25-2009, 02:15 PM
It's very debatable that one or either of those jobs will be available. IMO, I don't think either of those teams will fire their coach.
I am commenting on the assumption that Dallas and Washington fail to make the playoffs and are in the hunt for a new HC.

IMO, if they dont make the playoffs Zorn and Phillips are out. I think Philips has to win a playoff game to keep his job.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Well if anything Jones will have to make a decision on Garrett. If Jones wants to sign Shanahan, Cowher........ Jones will not be to decide if Garrett stays. Maybe Jones will make Garrett HC

elltrain22
11-25-2009, 03:17 PM
I am commenting on the assumption that Dallas and Washington fail to make the playoffs and are in the hunt for a new HC.

IMO, if they dont make the playoffs Zorn and Phillips are out. I think Philips has to win a playoff game to keep his job.

Zorn, IMO, has been gone!! Thats a done deal. As far as Dallas goes, I think they make the playoffs, and Dallas retains Phillips. I could be wrong though

YardRat
11-25-2009, 05:44 PM
Giving anybody total control, but especially Shanahan (he's an egomaniac even when compared to the other egomaniacs) would be one of the stupidest moves ever made on behalf of this franchise.

I'd rather go with a football GM with 'potential' and a newbie coordinator at HC.

yordad
11-25-2009, 05:48 PM
Giving anybody total control, but especially Shanahan (he's an egomaniac even when compared to the other egomaniacs) would be one of the stupidest moves ever made on behalf of this franchise.

I'd rather go with a football GM with 'potential' and a newbie coordinator at HC.And leave the control with Ralph or Brandon? Someones gotta be in control.

YardRat
11-25-2009, 05:52 PM
And leave the control with Ralph or Brandon? Someones gotta be in control.

I don't really have an issue w/Brandon, especially if he's promoted and oversees the business side, and brings in a football GM and talent evaluators.

Shanahan, with total control, could take a team that is a wreck on the field but financially stable and turn it into a total disaster all-round.

Typ0
11-25-2009, 08:54 PM
I don't really have an issue w/Brandon, especially if he's promoted and oversees the business side, and brings in a football GM and talent evaluators.

Shanahan, with total control, could take a team that is a wreck on the field but financially stable and turn it into a total disaster all-round.

It would be a devastating mistake.

Nighthawk
11-25-2009, 11:17 PM

No it doesn't.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-26-2009, 12:23 AM
yardrat, you my friend are clueless!

YardRat
11-26-2009, 01:04 AM
yardrat, you my friend are clueless!

Please.

Are you even aware that the team has gone 'big name' before?

Ground Chuck
11-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Well, the team has been so well run for the last 10 years, I can see how you guys would be leery of giving anyone else control. /sarcasm off

Typ0
11-26-2009, 10:00 AM
No it doesn't.

it could.