X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ground Chuck
    • Jul 2009

TOTAL CONTROL is the selling point.

This is why the big names shouldn't wait. If the Bills are truly offering TOTAL CONTROL, they will be the only team that will. That has to be the selling point to the big guys.
  • BoyILuvLoznStupidly
    • Sep 2009

Re: TOTAL CONTROL is the selling point.

I think it might be possible to land Shanahan or Cowher if they are serous. But it's to early to tell. Lets see what happens when they really can make an offer. Right now they can't do diddle poop till the end of the season. Will see if Ralph will put his money where his mouth is.

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

Dallas and Washington would not give up total control. Carolina and Houston would.

Comment

• Ground Chuck
        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Mahdi
        Dallas and Washington would not give up total control. Carolina and Houston would.
        Carolina and Houston won't be handing over the keys like we will. There will still be GM's there who will have to be accounted for. We have no GM. We have a sales guy , old scouts, and accountants running the team. There is a huge power vacuum waiting to be filled by the right guy.

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

Why is a sure thing there will be jobs available in Houston, Carolina, and Dallas?

Comment

• DrGraves
            • Mar 2008

dallas is 7-3... thats pretty damn good. there is no reason wade's job would be in jeopardy.

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Novacane
              Why is a sure thing there will be jobs available in Houston, Carolina, and Dallas?
              Yes Dallas is doing well, I mentioned Dallas for 2 reasons.

1. Shannahan was mentioned as a candidate in Dallas before.

2. If Wade doesn't make the playoffs even with a 10-6 record, he will be fired. If he makes the playoffs and is bumped in the first round he will be fired.

Of course there is no sure thing any of the teams I mentioned will be in the market for a coach, its obviously just speculation combined with rumors.

Washington has also been rumored to want Shannahan badly.

Comment

Consider how much debt Shanahan piled up in Denver, leaving him in overall control without a GM sends the team to LA

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by kernowboy
                  Consider how much debt Shanahan piled up in Denver, leaving him in overall control without a GM sends the team to LA
                  Maybe he learned from that experience.

I dont think Buffalo even needs to spend a ton of cash to be a playoff team.

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

Big name coach's should look at Bill Parcels when considering Dallas. He got sick of Jerry Jones real quick. It may be the highest profile job but is working for a ***** like Jones worth it?
                    Last edited by Novacane; 11-25-2009, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• BoyILuvLoznStupidly
                      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Novacane
                      Big name coach's should look at Bill Parcels when considering Dallas. He got sick of Jerry Jones real quick. It may be the highest profile job but working is working for a ***** like Jones worth it?
                      That is an interesting point. They did end up with Wade

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

Maybe he learned from that experience.

I dont think Buffalo even needs to spend a ton of cash to be a playoff team.

He didn't learn in Denver. He just kept doing the same thing over and over and slowly drove the team into the ground. The reason it was hard to see was he was throwing money at decent players all the time but neglectful of the long term effects of that. Eventually, the money is just not available and you've burned through too many players.

Comment

• Mahdi
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Typ0
                          He didn't learn in Denver. He just kept doing the same thing over and over and slowly drove the team into the ground. The reason it was hard to see was he was throwing money at decent players all the time but neglectful of the long term effects of that. Eventually, the money is just not available and you've burned through too many players.
                          Right but this would be a fresh start and I doubt he just goes off the handle with spending.

I expect he would make a couple big buys and then some 2nd tier signings because he will most likely move to a 3-4.

There could be a chance he would want to re-sign Owens too. He probably liked having Brandon Marhsall in Denver and Owens would replicate that.
                          Last edited by Mahdi; 11-25-2009, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Typ0
                            honey pie
                            • Jul 2002

Right but this would be a fresh start and I doubt he just goes off the handle with spending.

I expect he would make a couple big buys and then some 2nd tier signings because he will most likely move to a 3-4.

There could be a chance he would want to re-sign Owens too. He probably liked having Brandon Marhsall in Denver and Owens would replicate that.
                            Honestly, I don't care if he throws money around I'm a fan it's not my money I want to see wins. But I just don't think one person can do this job. Granted, he probably can do it better than having someone incompetent there but have a good coach and a good GM/Upstairs People will better equip the team to meet all those responsibilities. The coach can have a huge say in what personel are on the team without being the person doing all the wheeling and dealing. I'd rather have a coach who is a coach with only a couple exceptions with guys that have proven to build good programs on their own before.

Comment

• elltrain22
                              • Sep 2003

It's very debatable that one or either of those jobs will be available. IMO, I don't think either of those teams will fire their coach.
                              If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

Working...
                              X