PDA

View Full Version : Be careful what you wish for, Bills fans

PromoTheRobot
11-25-2009, 12:11 PM
Hiring Shannahan for the rumored $50M + a piece of the Bills will be the LAST move Ralph makes. This is putting it all on double zero and spinning the wheel. There is no Plan B.

History shows now coach who won a Super Bowl ever won another with a new team. We are betting a lot on something that has never happened before. This smacks of a desperation move worthy of Dan Snyder.

I hope it works because if you think going 7-9 blows, try losing SB#5! Even worse...losing SB#5 to a team coached by Perry Fewell!

PTR

Ground Chuck
11-25-2009, 12:13 PM
I'd rather see him spin the wheel on a winner than another nobody.

Think positive man.

PromoTheRobot
11-25-2009, 12:14 PM
I'd rather see him spin the wheel on a winner than another nobody.

Think positive man.

I am positive...I'm positive it will blow up in our faces.

And by the way...19 SB winning coaches were nobodies when they joined their teams.

PTRa

Ground Chuck
11-25-2009, 12:15 PM
What do you suggest Ralph do? Whatever he does, there will be this group of Negative Nancy's that will wring their hands and gnash their teeth.

Keep an open mind.

THATHURMANATOR
11-25-2009, 12:17 PM
Seriouslly GC.... Freaking whiny babies about everything AS USUAL.. . Cryin about Jauron..... Cryin cuz they wet their pants....Cryin cuz they want a proven coach....NOW CRYIN CUZ THEY DON'T WANT A PROVEN COACH....

MAKE UP YOUR MINDS PEOPLE.....

Ground Chuck
11-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Look, things don't generally work out for us, OK? I go back all the way back to the Rockpile. But past events do not always foretell the future.

Just keep an open mind.

homeslice5484
11-25-2009, 12:21 PM
im not so sure I like this idea...I prefer a good gm and let him pick the coach

Mudflap1
11-25-2009, 12:21 PM
A Super Bowl-winning coach is a monumental upgrade compared to the listless teams we've been watching the past 10 years... I'll take anybody with a pulse and a track record at this point.

I know the goal is to win a Super Bowl. But being realistic, how many of us would be thrilled if the team became a regular playoff contender? Wouldn't that be pretty good compared to what we've been going through? What you would you rather have... a Philadelphia Eagles-type contender for the next 10 years, or the Detroit Lions? Beggers can't be choosers at this point.

THATHURMANATOR
11-25-2009, 12:22 PM
We know Shanahan is a good coach. We don't need a Good GM to tell us that. I am all for a GM to also be brought in but it isn't necessary when getting shanny.

Mudflap1
11-25-2009, 12:22 PM
im not so sure I like this idea...I prefer a good gm and let him pick the coach

I agree. But apparently, Ralph and Russ want to give total control to one guy. At least it's a move. That's really the way you have to look at it at this point. You can't expect them to make the right choice. You have to hope they make a better choice than they've been making.

Ground Chuck
11-25-2009, 12:25 PM
I agree. But apparently, Ralph and Russ want to give total control to one guy. At least it's a move. That's really the way you have to look at it at this point. You can't expect them to make the right choice. You have to hope they make a better choice than they've been making.

You have ZERO chance of getting a big name to Buffalo without giving up TOTAL CONTROL and paying big bucks. The Bills say they will do both.

Don't you think Shannahan will learn from his Denver experience and get a solid personnel guy here with him?

malo
11-25-2009, 12:26 PM
I'll trade 4 more super bowl losses for this junk that's there now.

Ground Chuck
11-25-2009, 12:27 PM
I'd be thrilled with a home playoff game at this point.

THATHURMANATOR
11-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Give me a wildcard birth

Jan Reimers
11-25-2009, 12:28 PM
I'd rather lose SBs 5-14 than go another 10 years with no playoffs.

If this smacks of desperation, that's because this is a desperate franchise. I'm all for taking the gamble with an experienced, successful coach, rather than sitting around for another decade watching a string of nobodies take us nowhere.

Joe Fo Sho
11-25-2009, 12:30 PM
It's not even close to putting all of our money on 00. It's more like putting all of our money on 1-12...

OpIv37
11-25-2009, 12:30 PM
Hiring Shannahan for the rumored $50M + a piece of the Bills will be the LAST move Ralph makes. This is putting it all on double zero and spinning the wheel. There is no Plan B.

History shows now coach who won a Super Bowl ever won another with a new team. We are betting a lot on something that has never happened before. This smacks of a desperation move worthy of Dan Snyder.

I hope it works because if you think going 7-9 blows, try losing SB#5! Even worse...losing SB#5 to a team coached by Perry Fewell!

PTR

As BZ's resident pessimist, I have to say that this is over the top even for my tastes.

So what if no coach has ever won the SB with two different teams? A proven coach is a proven coach. And if Shanahan or someone else can come in and get this team back on track, maybe the next coach can win one.

We spent the last 10 years dicking around with no names and career losers, and now that Ralph appears to be serious about getting a real coach, you're complaining? Get real.

Ground Chuck
11-25-2009, 12:31 PM
As BZ's resident pessimist, I have to say that this is over the top even for my tastes.

So what if no coach has ever won the SB with two different teams? A proven coach is a proven coach. And if Shanahan or someone else can come in and get this team back on track, maybe the next coach can win one.

We spent the last 10 years dicking around with no names and career losers, and now that Ralph appears to be serious about getting a real coach, you're complaining? Get real.

:bf1:

psubills62
11-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Nobody's gone 16-0 in the regular season either...oh wait...

I'd rather give Shanahan a chance than searching for 20 more years looking for that nobody who actually turns into somebody.

billistic
11-25-2009, 12:44 PM
What do you suggest Ralph do? Whatever he does, there will be this group of Negative Nancy's that will wring their hands and gnash their teeth.

Keep an open mind.
http://blogs.usatoday.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/06/02/brainsurgery.jpg

Why would anyone wring their hands and gnash their teeth over a decision made by Ralph? He's been batting 1.000 for 50 years. His slugging average is much higher, as in firing Bill Polian, et cetera.

THATHURMANATOR
11-25-2009, 12:49 PM

OP you are finally coming around my man!!! :bf1: :bf1: bf1:

Zero
11-25-2009, 01:26 PM

PTR

If Shanny comes to Buffalo, I will be all for it. I, for one, don't believe in relying on history to predict future performance. As a Yankee fan, I was a witness to seeing the Sox come back from 3-0 to win the ALDS- something that had never occurred in the history of MLB or NBA. There's always a first time....

BertSquirtgum
11-25-2009, 01:48 PM

PTR

i think it's more like putting it on red.

Nighthawk
11-25-2009, 01:53 PM

PTR

Ummm, not worried about this and was it really necessary for another person to post this information?

Nighthawk

Philagape
11-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Will Shanahan become the first SB-winning coach to win it again with another team? Probably not.
But right now, I just want a team that wins more than it loses. I want it to be fun to watch this team again. I want to be in the playoff conversation.
I don't want to have a laughingstock as my team anymore. I don't want to be perpetually embarrassed and enraged anymore.
We refer to the Kelly/Smith era as the glory days, even though they never won it all. A return to something anywhere close to that is worth whatever it takes to get there.

Besides, "For everything there is a first time." -- Spock

Ground Chuck
11-26-2009, 09:53 AM
We have not had competent, professional coaching since Wade left.