PDA

View Full Version : Wood still in Jacksonville

mybills
11-25-2009, 01:03 PM
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Bills rookie guard Eric Wood continues to recuperate in a Jacksonville hospital three days after breaking two bones in his left leg.

A person familiar with the injury told The Associated Press on Wednesday that Wood isn't expected to return to Buffalo until Thursday after doctors deemed it necessary to keep the player under observation as a precaution. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the team has not updated Wood's status since Monday.

Bills spokesman Scott Berchtold said interim head coach Perry Fewell was expected to discuss Wood's status after practice later Wednesday.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8147ac4c&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

bigbub2352
11-25-2009, 01:04 PM
man sucks real bad he went down, we need a full recovery out of him he was our best OLineman

CuseJetsFan83
11-25-2009, 01:13 PM
you never want to see anyone get hurt, especially in my case someone on an opposing team, but this was just a horrible injury that i seen live.....

whether it was just an act by TO or what have ya, it was good to see TO try and help him to the cart. you could tell at that point something was horribly wrong, then the TV announcers saying this replay won't be show due to the gruesomeness.... then the theismann-like comments were starting around my house (a few cousins are bills fans)....

when it rains it pours, but keep the heads up bills faithful

mybills
11-25-2009, 01:16 PM
I don't think TO was acting. I think they're all a close bunch, and were genuinely concerned for him. I also don't like how he had to extend his stay. It's a sign that it was worse than just broken bones. :(

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-25-2009, 01:17 PM
Do you think Jauron will visit him?

Beebe's Kid
11-25-2009, 01:31 PM
I don't believe T.O. was acting. I think his intensity is ofter confused with him being a jerk. I have been on a roller-coaster ride with him all year, and he just jumped to help EW to the cart. You're not the first guy there if you're acting.

I hope the best for EW. It would be great to see him back, but better to just see him be able to walk and not be hindered by this for the rest of his days.

Poz's Posse
11-25-2009, 07:51 PM
I am starting to get very concerned about this situation. I know it was a bad break but I am not liking the news.

SpillerThrills
11-25-2009, 08:42 PM
I am starting to get very concerned about this situation. I know it was a bad break but I am not liking the news.

the guy just had surgery on monday..... it's gonna be a few days before the Dr's release him to come home. no matter how bad the break.

Miami_Vice
11-25-2009, 09:51 PM
I really hope that guy makes a full recovery. I havent seen the injury but I did hear it was hard to watch. Poor guy. Hope he gets well and plays again.

mybills
11-26-2009, 06:34 AM
Me either. My nephew broke the same bones, had tendon damage, had screws put in, and it was an out patient surgery. They must be concerned about infections or something if they want to keep him there.

Get well soon, EW! :pray:

jamze132
11-26-2009, 11:52 AM
If TO is helping someone off the field it's because TO likes him and that means Wood is the real deal.

Oldbillsfan
11-26-2009, 11:58 AM
Hate this injury!!! A bright spot once again cursed here...wtf

SpillerThrills
11-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Wood Home: Eric Wood is back in Buffalo today after three days in a Jacksonville hospital. He said the surgery went well and he expects to be back on the field after a 6-8 month rehabilitation process. He will be on crutches for six weeks. The broken fibula was reset and a rod was put in the broken tibia.

per Billsdaily.com