PDA

View Full Version : Martz interested in Bills HC job.

Nighthawk
11-25-2009, 09:11 PM
All I've got to say is...NO!!! I don't like him in the first place and even like him less knowing his connection to Fewell and the real possibility he'd keep Perry Fool and his crappy Cover Two. Please Ralph, don't even think about it!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4690597

mayotm
11-25-2009, 09:26 PM
Tough to run Martz's offense in November and December in Buffalo.

Prov401
11-25-2009, 09:30 PM
Knowing us, that's our next head coach people.

Now I am officially jumpin out a window.

BillsWin
11-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Better than Jauron, but not good enough. I like how he wants the job, but in the end there are better options and I believe the Bills know that and will continue pursuing Cowher and Shanahan.

BADTHINGSMAN
11-25-2009, 09:33 PM
Not suprised, with Ralph offering $10-12 million a year im suprised more havent showed interest.

Crisis
11-25-2009, 09:41 PM
No thanks.

Ickybaluky
11-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Just because there are reports of Ralph offering $10M per season doesn't mean that was the actual offer. Adam Schefter tweeted "$10 mil per year is not close to offer.". From reports, it is pretty clear the Bills are willing to pay a top dollar coach, something they have been wary of before, but any dollar amounts being thrown around are probably coming from agents looking to drive up the price. The idea of an ownership stake is laughable, and Wilson would be the stupidest person alive if he did that.

People are getting way too hyped about this. Nobody is going to hire a coach before the end of the season, and no coach is going to take a job now. Nobody has really even turned the Bills down, it is just they want to wait until after the season. I would expect Cowher and Shanahan to consider the Bills, but I doubt they take the job now. The fact Shanahan interviewed is a sign he is interested in finding out more and is a good sign for Bills fans, but don't freak when nothing happens for a couple months.

As for Martz, it is true he knows Fewell and may retain him if he got the job, but him and Bobby April left on bad terms. April was never happy there because Martz would not play starters on ST or carry many ST-only players. He didn't devote as much practice time to ST as well, and April blamed those reasons for the poor performance of the Rams ST (They were the best in the NFL in '99, with Vermeil there). The two hated each other and weren't even speaking when Martz ultimately fired him (technically, not renewing his contract). In his last year there, Martz actually relieved him of ST duties and let the defensive coaches run ST.

If they hire Martz they may retain Fewell, but April will be gone.

jimbohastle51
11-25-2009, 10:05 PM
i can promise you this. just by seeing how they are contacting A list candidates, i dont think you will even see the possibility of the bills hiring anyone but a shannahan, cowher, holmgren, or shottenhiemer until they are all hired somewhere else or announce they are staying retired out loud because they know if they were to hire tressman or haslett before shannahan, cowher, holmgren or shottenhimer announce there plans or sign to coach somewhere else the fan base will not tolerate it and there season ticket sales will drop. they know everyone is expecting them to just say we tried oh well it didnt work out. they know they are going to have to stay in it with those guys till the end or till one of them signs with us or someone to please the fan base. if we hired haslett and shannahan was still out there interviewing, our team would honestly not only be a worse laughing stock but we wouldnt sell half the season tickets we sold this year. brandon is forced to stick this out and bring in a big fish or his job is gone, he knows it.

Jaybird
11-25-2009, 10:27 PM
I would flip out. He is a terrible coach. The article also says he likes edwards as a QB.

Martz outdoors is a disaster. He has no clue how to run the football

Nighthawk
11-25-2009, 11:02 PM
Just because there are reports of Ralph offering $10M per season doesn't mean that was the actual offer. Adam Schefter tweeted "$10 mil per year is not close to offer.". From reports, it is pretty clear the Bills are willing to pay a top dollar coach, something they have been wary of before, but any dollar amounts being thrown around are probably coming from agents looking to drive up the price. The idea of an ownership stake is laughable, and Wilson would be the stupidest person alive if he did that.

People are getting way too hyped about this. Nobody is going to hire a coach before the end of the season, and no coach is going to take a job now. Nobody has really even turned the Bills down, it is just they want to wait until after the season. I would expect Cowher and Shanahan to consider the Bills, but I doubt they take the job now. The fact Shanahan interviewed is a sign he is interested in finding out more and is a good sign for Bills fans, but don't freak when nothing happens for a couple months.

As for Martz, it is true he knows Fewell and may retain him if he got the job, but him and Bobby April left on bad terms. April was never happy there because Martz would not play starters on ST or carry many ST-only players. He didn't devote as much practice time to ST as well, and April blamed those reasons for the poor performance of the Rams ST (They were the best in the NFL in '99, with Vermeil there). The two hated each other and weren't even speaking when Martz ultimately fired him (technically, not renewing his contract). In his last year there, Martz actually relieved him of ST duties and let the defensive coaches run ST.

And that is possibly one of the worst things that could possibly happen. This team needs to move away from anything connected with the old regime and they definitely need to get rid of the pathetic cover two defense.

BertSquirtgum
11-26-2009, 12:52 AM
if that happens, it will be the second year in 10 years that i didn't buy season tickets. **** that

Oldbillsfan
11-26-2009, 12:52 AM
The rest of the ACF East would love the Bills to have Martz...lol I say steal Tuna from the Fins.

DrGraves
11-26-2009, 01:31 AM
this franchise is so ****ed.

Night Train
11-26-2009, 05:25 AM
Are the Bills interested in him ?

Just because he found a media rep to print that doesn't mean much to me.

djjimkelly
11-26-2009, 05:53 AM
he says hes high on edwards

therefore i think martz is high

if he didnt say that id interview him but obviously he hasnt watched trent play

mybills
11-26-2009, 07:07 AM
I don't know who this league source is, but Graham writes **** like this..."Mike Shanahan met with the Bills this week in Denver, but he interviewed them more than the other way around."
Was Graham even in the room?

YardRat
11-26-2009, 08:49 AM
Stupid move #1 would be giving total control to anybody.

Stupid move #1b would be hiring a dumbass like Martz.

tampabay25690
11-26-2009, 08:53 AM
Not suprised, with Ralph offering $10-12 million a year im suprised more havent showed interest.

I agree the worst thing is to come out and say how much you are willing to pay for any job.............

Forward_Lateral
11-26-2009, 09:15 AM
Hiring Martz in Buffalo would be like trying to pound a square peg into a round hole. It just wouldn't fit.

BertSquirtgum
11-26-2009, 10:02 AM
Stupid move #1 would be giving total control to anybody.

Stupid move #1b would be hiring a dumbass like Martz.

i agree there if the bills give shanahan total control we can kiss this team goodbye. he will run it into the ground. we might win games and be over .500 but at a cost of losing the team forever.

jamze132
11-26-2009, 11:47 AM

I don't think it matters who the next coach is, I doubt April stick around after being looked over for the HC job after Dick was fired. He was also the assistant HC. One would think that he would be next in line but I guess not.

DynaPaul
11-27-2009, 10:54 AM
For what it's worth I'm interested in the Bills head coaching job too.

Tailspin
11-27-2009, 12:14 PM
Hell to the NO !