PDA

View Full Version : Ovechkin

OpIv37
11-25-2009, 10:07 PM
this is the 2nd time he's taken a cheap shot against the Sabres. **** him. I hope the Sabres are gunning for him in the remaining meetings. He's not known as a dirty player but he sure plays dirty against us.

DMBcrew36
11-26-2009, 10:35 AM
What cheapshot exactly are we talking about?

I missed the 3rd period, driving to hockey at Sabreland in Wheatfield.

OpIv37
11-26-2009, 10:40 AM
What cheapshot exactly are we talking about?

I missed the 3rd period, driving to hockey at Sabreland in Wheatfield.
He boarded Kaleta from about 5 feet away. It wasn't a complete hit from behind, but it was enough that Kaleta slammed his face into the boards and got a bloody nose. Ovechkin got a 5 min major and was ejected.

DMBcrew36
11-26-2009, 10:42 AM
He boarded Kaleta from about 5 feet away. It wasn't a complete hit from behind, but it was enough that Kaleta slammed his face into the boards and got a bloody nose. Ovechkin got a 5 min major and was ejected.

Well, maybe Don Cherry will talk about it tonight. Of course, Kaleta isn't a 'good Canadian boy' so he may not.

But I know Don has discussed Ovechkin's cheapshots in past segments. He said Ovechkin better watchout because he's gaining a reputation and someone is going to get him good one of these days.

Ingtar33
11-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Well, maybe Don Cherry will talk about it tonight. Of course, Kaleta isn't a 'good Canadian boy' so he may not.

But I know Don has discussed Ovechkin's cheapshots in past segments. He said Ovechkin better watchout because he's gaining a reputation and someone is going to get him good one of these days.

I thought the boarding penalty was most called precisely because of his "reputation"... it looked a little marginal to me

OpIv37
11-26-2009, 10:27 PM
I thought the boarding penalty was most called precisely because of his "reputation"... it looked a little marginal to me

If it was open ice, he would have gotten away with it. But Kaleta went head first into the boards. Guys have had their careers cut short for hits like that. The ejection may have been a little much but the penalty was absolutely warranted. It's a dangerous play.

And I might be willing to give Ovechkin the benefit of the doubt if it wasn't for the cheap shot he gave to Briere when Briere still played for the Sabres. I was at the game and Ovechkin blind-sided him as Briere was going off for a line change. Briere went head first into the boards and was still for several seconds. There was absolutely nothing marginal about that one.

rbochan
11-27-2009, 07:16 AM
The refs made an exact rulebook infraction/penalty for a textbook boarding. Look it up.

SkateZilla
11-28-2009, 11:49 AM
He's not known as a dirty player but he sure plays dirty against us.

its the mascara..

the league has a separate book for Ovie and Sid, they are the Tom Brady's of the NHL.