• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Jim Kelly: Bills should move on from Edwards, target Tebow

i agree Trent is history, but i'm not sold on Tebow as an NFL QB.
    Saying he hopes to become "a big part of the ownership group" in the future, Hall of Fame Buffalo Bills quarterback Jim Kelly wants to sit down with team owner Ralph Wilson and COO Russ Brandon after this weekend to offer his full support in helping return the Bills to prominence while keeping the franchise in Buffalo.
    The strongest suggestion by the passionate, strong-armed quarterback who led the Bills to four straight Super Bowls from 1990-1993? Start over under center.
    Buffalo has shuffled nine starters in and out of the huddle since Kelly retired after the 1996 season.
    Kelly said the franchise needs to move on from the benched Trent Edwards, a 2007 third-round pick. Kelly suggested the Bills look hard at positioning themselves to draft University of Florida signal caller Tim Tebow, a two-time BCS national champion whose inspired, all-out play is reminiscent of a left-handed version of Kelly.
    "I like Trent personally," Kelly told USA TODAY. "He works hard. But he's had three years. It's time to find somebody who is the future of the Buffalo Bills.
    "If I'm the owner, that's what I'm thinking.
    "Whether it's Tim Tebow, whether they'll have a shot at him when draft time comes ... you have to look at the top three quarterbacks in the draft, really study them. And you look for a guy with good character, good leadership ability and good arm strength — and a guy who doesn't come from California."
    read more....

• Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: Jim Kelly: Bills should move on from Edwards, target Tebow

Tebow??!?! Ugh! No way in hell!
    Last edited by Michael82; 11-26-2009, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• Dujek
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Jan 2008

Are you sure that was Jim Kelly saying we should draft Tebow and not Tom Donahoe?

Comment

• mayotm
        • Jul 2003

I appreciate Kelly's continued enthusiasm for the team. However, I would be mortified if the Bills drafted Tebow with their first pick. In fact, I would be mortified if they drafted any QB with their first pick. QB is obviously a huge need, however I don't think there is a QB in next year's draft worth taking that early.

Comment

• BoyILuvLoznStupidly
          • Sep 2009

If they drafted Tebow I would feel the same as if they brought Jauron back.

Comment

• realdealryan
            realdealrex
            • Nov 2005

love ya Jim, but, uh, enthusiasm for this team and a great history as a player DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN SCOUT TALENT...

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
              • Jan 2003

I for one would like a proven leader at QB as the next guy we draft. As long as he is a serviceable passer, I would be OK with it. There have been plenty of guys coming out of college with average arms that were just great leaders and became good passers. It is leadership and being unflinching in the face of constant pressure that is one of the marks of a great QB. Then you have to have the right coach.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

I love Tebow's attitude, leadership, competitiveness, and all of his other intangibles. I just wonder about his ability to play QB in the NFL
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

**** no!

Comment

• DrGraves
                    • Mar 2008

Tebow lives and breathes football. This guy is a winner and doesn't accept losing. I want him because I know damn well he will be the most prepared player on the field every single week. Jim isn't that crazy.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

And this is why Jim Kelly doesn't and shouldn't have any role with this organization.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

I can't say I would be pissed if we drafted Tebow.

Comment

• Novacane
                          • Jul 2002

I don't know if Tebow will be any good in the NFL. A lot of guys who "had all the tools" have been major busts. I'd rather have a guy with the intangables then the "tools"
                          I do think Jim Kelly knows a little bit more about what it takes to be a successful QB in the league then posters on this board do.
                          Last edited by Novacane; 11-26-2009, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                            • Feb 2004

I can say I would have the 1st TEBOW jersey in Bills history....
                            Don't see it happening but I Know for sure TIM will be gone in the 1st round as a QB in the draft.
                            GO Gators!!!!!!
                            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                              And this is why Jim Kelly doesn't and shouldn't have any role with this organization.
                              Except as a figurehead...You beat me to it.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X