Listen to Schefter for Bills/Shanahan news and nobody else.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Listen to Schefter for Bills/Shanahan news and nobody else.

The only realiable source of Shanahan/Bills news is Schefter. He has a real close relationship with Shanahan and seems to have a finger on the pulse of how this thing is playing out. Schefter is also the ONLY national media person who has written that Shanahan is indeed serious about the Bills job. It seems everybody else is just trying to write a story and doesn't really have any insight into the process. Therefore, I'm more inclined to believe what Schefter has to say then somebody like Graham who doesn't seem connected to the situation.
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Listen to Schefter for Bills/Shanahan news and nobody else.

I think a lot of the reporters are just speculating a bigname coach won't come here because they would never want to live here.

Comment

• camelcowboy
      • Mar 2005

Could be a buddy helping his friend drive up his value

Comment

• cpearl
        • Mar 2005

Schefter is the best in the business for NFL rumors and inside information. Mort must be pissed, because Schefter is now ESPN's go-to-guy.

Comment

• Nighthawk
          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by camelcowboy
          Could be a buddy helping his friend drive up his value
          Again, Shanahan does not need any help to drive up his price...he's the big prize out there. That kind of thinking doesn't make any sense.

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
            Again, Shanahan does not need any help to drive up his price...he's the big prize out there. That kind of thinking doesn't make any sense.
            No he doesn't need any help but it's not going to hurt him either. If other teams are hot on his trail and Buffalo is offering $10m+ per year, they may be inclined to match. Let's not forget that Buffalo is the laughing stock of the NFL.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by cpearl
              Schefter is the best in the business for NFL rumors and inside information. Mort must be pissed, because Schefter is now ESPN's go-to-guy.
              Chris Mortensen sucks balls. Always has.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

i agree with NightHawk on this one, Vic Carrucci on 103.3 the edge said they have a very close relationship because Sheftner was a reporter for the Denver Post or some News agency in Denver that covered the Broncos for much of Shanahan's career there
                Also i agree that he mite be trying to drive his value up
                We are Bills fans we gotta be cautious and expect the worst at all times!!
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                  !?!?!?!?!?
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                  i agree with NightHawk on this one, Vic Carrucci on 103.3 the edge said they have a very close relationship because Sheftner was a reporter for the Denver Post or some News agency in Denver that covered the Broncos for much of Shanahan's career there
                  Also i agree that he mite be trying to drive his value up
                  We are Bills fans we gotta be cautious and expect the worst at all times!!
                  this post is true

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Yes, typical mantra of fans here, only listen to those who report positive news of the franchise. They are smart and all knowing.

The media that downtalks this franchise are idiots, stupid and wrong.

The truth is likely somewhere in the middle.

Comment

• Tailspin
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Novacane
                      I think a lot of the reporters are just speculating a bigname coach won't come here because they would never want to live here.
                      If it wasn't for our families how many of us would want to live here ?

Comment

• BoyILuvLoznStupidly
                        • Sep 2009

I say, don't read into pretty much of anything unless it's official till Jan 3. If you do your life will be a roller coaster till 1/03.

Comment

• Aliceinchainsbills15
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by cpearl
                          I def agree with you on this point. Mort is incompetent.
                          I'M ON A BOAT!
                          Proud Bills fan since 2002
                          F***ing s*** up since 1990

Metallica is awesome. Period.

Comment

• Buddo
                            • Mar 2007

Considering Schefter was the acknowledged 'ghost writer' on Shanahan's book 'Think like a Champion', it's probably fair to say that he has the best 'inside' information that we are likely to get from Shanahan's point of view. From the Bills side, the most reliable source of things, would seem to be Vic Carucci, unless you get one of the guys like Gaughan from the local Buffalo press who comes up with something.
                            Schefter was pretty much as reliable as it came, when he was with nfl.com, and it doesn't look like he's going to change that rep, even though he's now with ESPN.
                            From the Bills 'side' of things, we are also fortunate to have Sal and Pat, who are able to give us stuff from time to time, but in this area, i.e. HC/GM, I think we will be hearing more from Carucci and Schefter, that is likely to tell us where things are going.

Comment

• Hemlepp53
                              • Jul 2004

NFL Network really screwed up when they let Schefter go to ESPN. The new guy Jason Loc-something or another isnt that good. He has said some pretty ignorant things live on Total Access and during games. If anyone has a feel on te pulse of the NFL it would be Schefter... If he says it ... there is usually some weight to it.
                              @Hemlepp53

Comment

Working...
                              X