PDA

View Full Version : Listen to Schefter for Bills/Shanahan news and nobody else.

Nighthawk
11-26-2009, 09:57 AM
The only realiable source of Shanahan/Bills news is Schefter. He has a real close relationship with Shanahan and seems to have a finger on the pulse of how this thing is playing out. Schefter is also the ONLY national media person who has written that Shanahan is indeed serious about the Bills job. It seems everybody else is just trying to write a story and doesn't really have any insight into the process. Therefore, I'm more inclined to believe what Schefter has to say then somebody like Graham who doesn't seem connected to the situation.

Novacane
11-26-2009, 10:15 AM
I think a lot of the reporters are just speculating a bigname coach won't come here because they would never want to live here.

camelcowboy
11-26-2009, 10:27 AM
Could be a buddy helping his friend drive up his value

cpearl
11-26-2009, 10:29 AM
Schefter is the best in the business for NFL rumors and inside information. Mort must be pissed, because Schefter is now ESPN's go-to-guy.

Nighthawk
11-26-2009, 10:38 AM
Could be a buddy helping his friend drive up his value

Again, Shanahan does not need any help to drive up his price...he's the big prize out there. That kind of thinking doesn't make any sense.

jamze132
11-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Again, Shanahan does not need any help to drive up his price...he's the big prize out there. That kind of thinking doesn't make any sense.
No he doesn't need any help but it's not going to hurt him either. If other teams are hot on his trail and Buffalo is offering $10m+ per year, they may be inclined to match. Let's not forget that Buffalo is the laughing stock of the NFL.

Mr. Miyagi
11-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Schefter is the best in the business for NFL rumors and inside information. Mort must be pissed, because Schefter is now ESPN's go-to-guy.
Chris Mortensen sucks balls. Always has.

bigbub2352
11-26-2009, 11:54 AM
i agree with NightHawk on this one, Vic Carrucci on 103.3 the edge said they have a very close relationship because Sheftner was a reporter for the Denver Post or some News agency in Denver that covered the Broncos for much of Shanahan's career there
Also i agree that he mite be trying to drive his value up
We are Bills fans we gotta be cautious and expect the worst at all times!!

BILLSROCK1212
11-26-2009, 12:27 PM
i agree with NightHawk on this one, Vic Carrucci on 103.3 the edge said they have a very close relationship because Sheftner was a reporter for the Denver Post or some News agency in Denver that covered the Broncos for much of Shanahan's career there
Also i agree that he mite be trying to drive his value up
We are Bills fans we gotta be cautious and expect the worst at all times!!
this post is true

Mr. Pink
11-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Yes, typical mantra of fans here, only listen to those who report positive news of the franchise. They are smart and all knowing.

The media that downtalks this franchise are idiots, stupid and wrong.

The truth is likely somewhere in the middle.

Tailspin
11-26-2009, 12:33 PM
I think a lot of the reporters are just speculating a bigname coach won't come here because they would never want to live here.
If it wasn't for our families how many of us would want to live here ?

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
11-26-2009, 12:49 PM
I say, don't read into pretty much of anything unless it's official till Jan 3. If you do your life will be a roller coaster till 1/03.

Aliceinchainsbills15
11-26-2009, 01:54 PM
I def agree with you on this point. Mort is incompetent.

Buddo
11-26-2009, 05:34 PM
Considering Schefter was the acknowledged 'ghost writer' on Shanahan's book 'Think like a Champion', it's probably fair to say that he has the best 'inside' information that we are likely to get from Shanahan's point of view. From the Bills side, the most reliable source of things, would seem to be Vic Carucci, unless you get one of the guys like Gaughan from the local Buffalo press who comes up with something.
Schefter was pretty much as reliable as it came, when he was with nfl.com, and it doesn't look like he's going to change that rep, even though he's now with ESPN.
From the Bills 'side' of things, we are also fortunate to have Sal and Pat, who are able to give us stuff from time to time, but in this area, i.e. HC/GM, I think we will be hearing more from Carucci and Schefter, that is likely to tell us where things are going.

Hemlepp53
11-26-2009, 07:23 PM
NFL Network really screwed up when they let Schefter go to ESPN. The new guy Jason Loc-something or another isnt that good. He has said some pretty ignorant things live on Total Access and during games. If anyone has a feel on te pulse of the NFL it would be Schefter... If he says it ... there is usually some weight to it.

Goobylal
11-26-2009, 08:43 PM
I agree that Schefter is the only one who has any inside knowledge about what Shanahan is thinking, while the others are speculating at best. It has nothing to do with what he's saying; it has to do with his relationship with Shanahan.

As for driving-up his price, that's a thought, but unrealistic. Multiple sites have reported that the Bills are willing to pay $10-12M/year for a coach, and Shanahan would obviously be high on that list. Other teams will likely want him as well. But currently only the Bills have an opening, and have talked with him.

PECKERWOOD
11-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Schefter is the man, I just don't trust his opinion for Buffalo Bills related issues, but I treat nearly everything he say's like gold, he is usually dead on the money.

BADTHINGSMAN
12-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Adam Schefter on ESPNews just now said he doesnt think Shanahan comes to Buffalo, but if John Fox were to be fired he could see him possibly being the Bills HC.

don137
12-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Adam Schefter on ESPNews just now said he doesnt think Shanahan comes to Buffalo, but if John Fox were to be fired he could see him possibly being the Bills HC.

Well that sucks on both accounts...As someone that lives in Charlotte I do not care for Fox. He plays a very very conservative boring style of football that lulls fans to sleep. He is too loyal to his players and keeps them well past their prime.

NorthCarBills
12-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Well that sucks on both accounts...As someone that lives in Charlotte I do not care for Fox. He plays a very very conservative boring style of football that lulls fans to sleep. He is too loyal to his players and keeps them well past their prime.

I agree, and this is indeed bad news if true. Please, let's at least at this point get a young, eager coordintor in here who has proven offensive know-how, and has worked within a winning franchise. Package with him a solid GM who knows how to draft and acquire decent veteran talent. Ugh.

Bulldog
12-02-2009, 03:14 PM

Sounds a lot like the idiot we just got rid of. I'd rather keep Perry if thats the case, and by no means is that an endorsement for Fewell.

Nighthawk
12-02-2009, 04:53 PM

I heard that too and I'm now starting to wonder if the doubters were correct? Was Ralphy just throwing it out there, knowing that he wouldn't land one of these guys, just to hire somebody on the cheap, again? I don't know...I'm now skeptical.

X-Era
12-02-2009, 06:19 PM
I heard that too and I'm now starting to wonder if the doubters were correct? Was Ralphy just throwing it out there, knowing that he wouldn't land one of these guys, just to hire somebody on the cheap, again? I don't know...I'm now skeptical.

Ive kind of relaxed on this.

I was all over it when I thought we had a chance at signing Mike mid-season. Now that its apparent that we wont sign anyone until after the season, the next time I will be really concerned with media reports is in about 4-5 weeks.

Between now and then it will all just be conjecture and BS.

I think Ralph is serious, I think he will may a real strong offer to a big namer, and I think we have a very good chance at landing one.

But the truth is that all of my optimism and all of the pessimism out there is all total BS until we actually hire our new guy.

So, I wont put too much stock in the up's and down's of this story in the mean time.