PDA

View Full Version : Coach John Fox

BuffaloBlitz83
11-26-2009, 05:51 PM
2 Times he won NFC South, 3 Times 2nd in NFC South.

1 SB Appearance, and they lost a classic game in asterik SB loss to Patriots. 32-29

2 Losses in NFC Championship Game.

Was a great Defensive Coordinator on NY GIANTS

67-53 Career Record, 5-3 in Postseason

John Fox is always on chop block for no reason as he is a heck of a coach. They have underperformed in 2009 but Overall he has done a very good job in Carolina and has never had a great QB.

If we don't land a guy like Shanahan, Gruden, Cowher, or Holmgren. And Fox is fired for Cowher in Carolina, I would not mind seeing Coach Fox get a shot and serious look in Buffalo. He has done a very good job and IMO is the most unappreciated coach in NFL.

Coach Sal
11-26-2009, 06:39 PM
No one's done more with less the past 10-15 years in the NFL.

I nominate him for "Most Underappreciated Coach."

But John Fox is certainly high on the list. He's done a great job.

Prov401
11-26-2009, 07:17 PM
I've said the same thing. If Fox or Del Rio get cut loose, I wouldn't mind taking a look at either of them. Both have gotten into the playoffs multiple times, and Del Rio probably has had more of a difficult road doing it going through the AFC, and being given minimal amounts of money to spend in the off-seasons.

Nighthawk
11-26-2009, 07:21 PM
No one's done more with less the past 10-15 years in the NFL.

I nominate him for "Most Underappreciated Coach."

But John Fox is certainly high on the list. He's done a great job.

Ehhh, I disagree...Jeff Fisher has done more with less then any coach over the past 20 years. There isn't even an argument.

Ingtar33
11-26-2009, 08:17 PM
Ehhh, I disagree...Jeff Fisher has done more with less then any coach over the past 20 years. There isn't even an argument.

you mean the same Jeff Fisher who has had exactly 6 winning seasons in 16 years of coaching (6 playoff appearances)?

btw: john fox has only had 3 winning seasons in 8 years of coaching (3 playoff appearances) and jack del rio has had 3 winning season in 7 years (2 playoff appearances).

(Shanahan had 9 winning seasons in 14 years coached for the broncos, Cowher had 11 winning seasons in 15 years coached for the Steelers)

BuffaloBlitz83
11-26-2009, 08:33 PM
Fisher won't be available. And I said if the big time coaches say No that he'd be a good candidate. I prefer Fox over an unproven Coordinator, and guys like Billick, Schottenheimer, Haslet, Martz, Gilbride.

BuffaloBlitz83
11-26-2009, 08:35 PM
I'm not a fan of Del Rio at all. They never seem to do enough offensively. They finally are using Jones-Drew properly. Should have been used more for last few years as Taylor wasn't better.

YardRat
11-26-2009, 09:13 PM
I'd rather have a Fox with a decent football GM than a Shanahan with total control.

BertSquirtgum
11-26-2009, 09:55 PM
the bills had a chance to hire him when they hired greg williams. what makes you think they will consider him now?

edit: i do however, agree with you

life of faith
11-26-2009, 09:59 PM
Panther fans hate him, he must be doing something wrong...

BuffaloBlitz83
11-26-2009, 10:16 PM
Panther fans are queer

Oaf
11-27-2009, 12:57 AM
We should have hired this guy 8 years ago before Williams.

BillsWin
11-27-2009, 01:32 AM
I'd like to see what Fox would've done with a franchise QB. No, Delhomme doesnt count.

don137
11-28-2009, 06:19 PM
A few things about Fox. He is an extremely conservative coach that plays smash mouth football. I moved to Charlotte 7 years ago and got season tickets to the Panthers three years ago since I love to attend NFL games. He almost never goes for it it on fourth down, never have seen a trick play or a fake FG or punt.
I think he is a very good coach but the major knock on him other than his boring conservative style of football is he is way to loyal to players at the expense of hurting his team. They hold on to players they shouldn't at very high salaries.

Nighthawk
11-28-2009, 07:13 PM
A few things about Fox. He is an extremely conservative coach that plays smash mouth football. I moved to Charlotte 7 years ago and got season tickets to the Panthers three years ago since I love to attend NFL games. He almost never goes for it it on fourth down, never have seen a trick play or a fake FG or punt.
I think he is a very good coach but the major knock on him other than his boring conservative style of football is he is way to loyal to players at the expense of hurting his team. They hold on to players they shouldn't at very high salaries.

Hmmm, who does that sound like???