PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Michael Oher - The Blind Side

Ebenezer
11-27-2009, 08:59 AM
Forked from: Am I the only one... (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2886683)

It seems like I am one of the only ones who wanted Oher with the first pick. Not much discussion on this as the Bills sure could have used him. I hope to heck they weren't thinking he'd still be around at 28, all though it was pretty close.

Reading through the 10 million posts today and I didn't see anyone *****ing about not taking Oher.

We took the kid to see The Blind Side yesterday...great movie...I know it has been fictionalized but after seeing it I'm even more upset that we didn't take this kid. If the stuff in the movie was only 50% accurate you got to be pulling for this guy to succeed. Aaron Maybin? What the hell was this FO thinking?

TedMock
11-27-2009, 09:37 AM
Great book. I picked it up two years ago and couldn't wait to see where/if he'd be drafted. What a story. I only grabbed the book because it was written by Michael Lewis. I love Michael Lewis and I was intrigued by Lewis' writing something completely different from his usual Wall Street topics. I'm glad I stumbled into it at Borders. Great read.

VeggieMan14
11-27-2009, 04:18 PM
Movie was rlly good... i have a feeling it was really exaggerated tho considering the kid in the movie was like 7 when the kid in the pictures was like 13

BertSquirtgum
11-27-2009, 06:13 PM
i wanted oher. maybin has been a wasted pick so far.

BillsOwnAll
11-28-2009, 03:03 PM
i wanted oher. maybin has been a wasted pick so far.
Why do so many people think maybin was going to be a probowler his first year. Hes not even a starter. And if he was you would just be talking about how schobel and kelsay suck. So either way your gonna be mad.

BertSquirtgum
11-28-2009, 03:50 PM
Why do so many people think maybin was going to be a probowler his first year. Hes not even a starter. And if he was you would just be talking about how schobel and kelsay suck. So either way your gonna be mad.
you don't get my point. he's not being used as much as he should be. he may see the field maybe 5 times a game. how is that going to help him get better? i said he is a wasted pick because the bills aren't receiving any help from him(coaches fault for not playing him enough). if we would have drafted oher, he would have been playing from day 1.

elltrain22
01-22-2010, 10:35 PM
Just saw the movie, and absolutely loved it!! 2 feelings I took from watching the movie. Happiness for a great person like Michael Oher, and anger at our FO for not drafting this kid. Forget that he's an awesome story & great kid, he's also a VERY good offensive tackle, and will be for many years to come. Thanks Dick!!

Philagape
01-22-2010, 10:45 PM
Oher was my pre-draft pick.

Philagape 1, Bills 0

Buddo
01-23-2010, 02:32 AM
I'd say there were 3 very good alternatives to Maybin, all of which would have helped the Bills far more last year, than he did. Oher, my own personal preference, due to wanting the O-Line fixed, Orakpo, who was very productive, and Cushing, who apparently was Modrak's choice over Maybin. With any one of those 3 guys, the Bills would have been better last year.
I still don't understand why Maybin was the pick, as he was so obviously a 'project', when the Bills (and in particular Jauron, whose job was on the line) needed all the help they could get, immediately. Note, even if Maybin had been in TC etc. asap, he still was a 'project', although he may have been able to show a little bit more late on in the season.

ddaryl
01-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Oher was my 1st choice at #11 last year as well, with Orakpo being my 2nd choice..

Maybin wasn't even a choice as far as I was concerned, but they went ahead and did it anyways

SabreEleven
01-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Forked from: Am I the only one... (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2886683)

We took the kid to see The Blind Side yesterday...great movie...I know it has been fictionalized but after seeing it I'm even more upset that we didn't take this kid. If the stuff in the movie was only 50% accurate you got to be pulling for this guy to succeed. Aaron Maybin? What the hell was this FO thinking?

They didn't get fired for making smart decisions.

SabreEleven
01-23-2010, 11:18 AM

They didn't get fired for making smart decisions.