X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DynaPaul
    • Sep 2003

Bills Should Rebuff Kelly's Advances

As we've previously articulated, in no uncertain terms, Browns owner Randy Lerner needs to find a way to run his team without giving former Cleveland players a seat at the table and/or a spoon in the stew.

As we've previously articulated, in no uncertain terms, Browns owner Randy Lerner needs to find a way to run his team without giving former Cleveland players a seat at the table and/or a spoon in the stew.

Put simply, great players from the past who did not immediately get into a roll-up-the-sleeves-type role with an NFL franchise have no business popping off about what the team for which they one played should do when it comes to hiring a head coach or making personnel moves.

Bills ownership is now dealing with a former player who thinks his Hall of Fame credentials as a quarterback translates into a broader ability to make high-level decisions regarding the course of the franchise.

According to Jim Corbett of USA Today, Jim Kelly wants to meet with owner Ralph Wilson and COO Russ Brandon to offer his "full support" in helping the team return to prominence. Kelly also hopes to be "a big part of the ownership group" in the future.
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: Bills Should Rebuff Kelly's Advances

OK. That doesn't sound bad to me though.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

"Whether it's Tim Tebow, whether they'll have a shot at him when draft time comes . . . you have to look at the top three quarterbacks in the draft, really study them. And you look for a guy with good character, good leadership ability and good arm strength -- and a guy who doesn't come from California."

Somewhere, Troy Aikman, Warren Moon, Dan Fouts, and John Elway just simultaneously said, "What the f--k?"

Look, Kelly was a great quarterback. But he hasn't worked as a scout and he hasn't worked in a front office and he'd be the worst kind of owner/executive/adviser because he wouldn't be able or willing to acknowledge the limits of his knowledge or abilities.

So Mr. Wilson should find a way to politely tell Kelly to butt out, and Bills fans shouldn't fall victim to that same Cleveland-style misconception that great players somehow have all the answers when it comes to the challenge of assembling a great team.

You got to agree about Kelly's lack of knowledge

Comment

• BillsWin
        man amongst boys
        • Oct 2008

Kelly is an idiot about Tebow, but he has more football knowledge in his pinky finger than the writer of that article.
        I am The Batman.

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

Kelly's thoughts about Tebow are just his opinion and I wouldn't expect the Bills to abide by it. Mike Florio's thoughts are just his opinion and really carry even less weight.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• HAMMER
            I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
            • Jul 2003

I agree, Kelly has no business butting into the franchises business. It's not his team, it's not his money.....and he never won a Super Bowl so he needs to STFU.

Comment

• camelcowboy
              • Mar 2005

Kelly could say whatever he wants any of you who disagree can stfu.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by HAMMER
                I agree, Kelly has no business butting into the franchises business. It's not his team, it's not his money.....and he never won a Super Bowl so he needs to STFU.
                Groaned

Comment

• methos4ever
                  • Apr 2004

And didn't the only QB the Bills have ever won a championship with come from CA?

Comment

• CoolBreeze
                    • Feb 2009

I think Kelly's comments about California players(QB's) are dead on. They are soft and mentally laid back for the most part. Look at our last 3. Rob Johnson, J.P. Losman and Trent Edwards. They would rather sit by the beach, than put in effort to truly become great. They aren't the only ones either. Look at Mark Sanchez. As soon as the weather turned bad, he sucked. You do the research on Cali QB's from the recent era and see.

Comment

• Ground Chuck
                      • Jul 2009

Kelly had one of the lowest Wonderlich scores ever, yet he sounds smarter than the guys who are currently running the team.

Interesting.

Comment

• HAMMER
                        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                        Kelly could say whatever he wants any of you who disagree can stfu.
                        Jim Kelly is trying to extend his day in the sun just a bit too much. If I were Ralph I would drop him a line and tell him to worry about his own life. It's not his place to pipe up on how the franchise is run.

Comment

• Ferrygoat
                          • Feb 2005

There is always 2 sides to a story, why dont you guys take a look at what Kelly has to say about this before you get on his ass

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • May 2009

Jim Kelly is the man and that is all i have to say about that.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsWin
                              Kelly is an idiot about Tebow, but he has more football knowledge in his pinky finger than the writer of that article.

He knows how to read coverages, and make the right reads. But he knows zero about talent evaluation or how to properly build a team.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X