PDA

View Full Version : When I was a Kid

THE END OF ALL DAYS
11-27-2009, 10:57 AM
The Fish Fan who was looking for Fish gear on another thread got me to thinking.....

I was born at the university of Florida when my dad was a PhD Grad student (in the 60's people actually were married when they were in college)

So when we moved to NY in the 70's I was a Fish fan to a degree... so my mom got me a pair of sweat socks with Dolphin colors on them...(no online NFL Shop then) I loved them so much that when they wore out, I cut the tops off and made wrist bands of them... and then wore those out.

By the late 70's I was totally converted to a Bills fan, so the poison has left my system by now.

The week we play the Fish every time makes me think of the long and storied history of this rivalry and Im sure everyon one has a thought...

other then trashing my reflections, does anyone else have a fave?

yordad
11-27-2009, 11:00 AM
I heard that to alleviate that type of poison you usually have to stab out your own eyes. I am glad you made it out of there when you did.

Sorry, no story to share though.

Tailspin
11-27-2009, 12:18 PM
I married a Dolphins fan but since the Bills are local I only have to watch the dolphins when we play them. We share the same hockey team so I guess that evens it out a bit.

Barb
11-27-2009, 02:13 PM
The Fish Fan who was looking for Fish gear on another thread got me to thinking.....

I was born at the university of Florida when my dad was a PhD Grad student (in the 60's people actually were married when they were in college)

So when we moved to NY in the 70's I was a Fish fan to a degree... so my mom got me a pair of sweat socks with Dolphin colors on them...(no online NFL Shop then) I loved them so much that when they wore out, I cut the tops off and made wrist bands of them... and then wore those out.

By the late 70's I was totally converted to a Bills fan, so the poison has left my system by now.

The week we play the Fish every time makes me think of the long and storied history of this rivalry and Im sure everyon one has a thought...

other then trashing my reflections, does anyone else have a fave?

thats a sad story man