PDA

View Full Version : AFCE week 1 predictions

justasportsfan
09-03-2002, 01:03 AM
NE hosts Steelers.Steelers win. Brady shows he's average and steelers D stops him. Cordell has time to throw all day. Hopefully td's instead on int's. Any loss by a bills division rival is a good thing.

Miami Hosts Lions. Miami should be favored to win this. Hopefully Fiedler shows up as himself, 3 INT's in 2 qrts. Rw's runs away from cops instead of Lions D.

Bills hosts Jets . Bledsoe shows the NFL that he still has what it takes and with that mission, he will have a field day throwing to Price, Moulds, Reed and Riemersma. Running game will struggle but GW and co. will come out with surprises at D (I hope). Vinny will have a field day completing passes .........to Winfield and Clements.

AFCE after week 1

Bills 1-0
Miami 1-0
Pats 0-1
Jets 0-1

What a perfect week it would be if the fins lost :priest:

Mr Bill
09-03-2002, 03:15 AM
Lions bad, Miami wins

Steelers good, NE loses

Bills home opener, Jets lose.

Look for an upset in the Steelers game. NE may squeek that one out. Home opener, new stadium, MNF...

echo_bravo
09-03-2002, 09:40 AM
I think the Jets will beat the Barfallo Bile.

mchurchfie
09-03-2002, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by echo_bravo
I think the Jets will beat the Barfallo Bile.

Echo, you must be downwind of WCoastfin's bong so we will excuse you for that prediction. Go seek help immediately. :ill:

lordofgun
09-03-2002, 10:12 AM
Bills win
fish lose
patsies lose
Jests lose

So let it be written. So let it be done! :jetsuck:

The Undertaker #59
09-03-2002, 01:26 PM
Pats win
Phins win
Bills win
Jets lose

DraftBoy
09-03-2002, 01:40 PM
Bills 1-0-0
Phins 0-0-1
Patsies 0-0-1
Jets 0-1-0

northernbillfan
09-03-2002, 02:23 PM
Winfield, are you saying the fins and the patsies will tie???

Elvis Impersonator
09-03-2002, 02:28 PM
Sorry to bust the balloon, but the Bill's have a porous, penalty prone 0-line; they can't protect Bledsoe, and they can't open hole's for Travis Henry.

C'mon, you saw the pre-season games. Your 0-line is bad. on the other side of the ball, more youth and inexperience. The strength of the 'D' is in the secondary, but if Martin can effectively run the ball (thus controlling the game), that will negate the talent of Clements and Warfield (I think thats the other corner, right?) I can't see the Jets losing this one.

The only way the Jets lose is if they shoot themselves in the foot (and they do have a history of doing that), it won't be because Buffalo outplayed them. Just calling it like I see it. Good luck.

lordofgun
09-03-2002, 03:40 PM
Our O-line is not bad. They are young and need time to gel, but they will be VERY good by midseason. I just hope Drew isn't dead by then.

JefftheBillsfan
09-03-2002, 04:21 PM
i think the pats might win...they are again the most over-rated team in the NFL IMO.

Elvis Impersonator
09-03-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Our O-line is not bad. They are young and need time to gel, but they will be VERY good by midseason. I just hope Drew isn't dead by then.

I agree, they will improve as the season goes on. But right now, you have to give the advantage to Teddy Cottrell's defense.

Look, you're only chance to win is to stop Curtis Martin, and make Vinny beat you. But even then, Vinny could get hot. It's going to be tough going for the Bills. I just don't see you stopping Martin, nor do I see you establishing the run yourselves very effectively. As long as the Jets control the clock, and don't turn the ball over, I see them pulling off the road victory.

:punchu:

FlownTheCoop
09-03-2002, 04:58 PM
Buffalo wins a squeaker over the Jets, 28-27
Miami and New England win...

Novacane
09-03-2002, 05:24 PM
Bills win a high scoring game 38-31

Phins win but we gain a moral victory when Ricky williams goes down for the year with torn ACL

Pats loose and Brady shows last year was a Fluke with 4 ints.

GO BILLS!

DraftBoy
09-03-2002, 09:20 PM
Yes you read it right nbf, im going for the infrequent tie to happen twice in 2 days.

Halbert
09-04-2002, 04:21 AM
NE hosts Steelers. Steelers realize they blew it last season. Steelers realize NE got every bounce, roll, tip, carom, call, interpretation, and pixie dust possible. Steelers pissed. NE still below average in overall offense and defense. Steelers 24-14

Miami Hosts Lions. Uh, duuh. Miami 33-10

Bills hosts Jets . Bledsoe shows the NFL that he still has what it takes and with that mission, he will have a field day throwing to Price, Moulds, Centers and Riemersma. Running game will struggle. Martin rushes for 144 yards. Jets 34-27.

clumping platelets
09-04-2002, 04:48 AM
Buffalo 23 NY Jets 20 (OT)
Detriot 31 Miami 21
Pittsburgh 21 New England 13

Bills 1-0
Jets 0-1
Fish 0-1
Pats 0-1

justasportsfan
09-04-2002, 10:22 AM
I forgot that the ref's love the Pats. They might win. Hell, they might win the SB.