PDA

View Full Version : The 5 best, 5 worst NHL decisions in the last decade

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-27-2009, 01:17 PM
5. The Wheel of Justice

It seems like the dial on the NHL's sense of right and wrong has been set to "insane" the past decade.

On Feb. 21, 2000, Marty McSorley took a baseball swing at Donald Brashear's(notes) head and got 23 games, which was the remainder of the season including the playoffs. It seemed somewhat fair, but then a jury convicted him of assault and the League upped the suspension to a full calendar year. And that was just the start.

click the link below to read more and the best 5 (you will be surprised)
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/The-5-best-5-worst-NHL-decisions-in-the-last-de;_ylt=Ap69Gxp6GaJIsAAEGgAzwJp7vLYF?urn=nhl,205125

Meathead
11-27-2009, 05:31 PM
3 w
2 ot w
1 ot l

Ground Chuck
11-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Get rid of OT and go right to the shoot out.

Ingtar33
11-27-2009, 06:29 PM
they should end the point system and just go to win-loss like every other pro sport.

thanks to the shootout no game ever ends in a tie anymore. They should also include the shoutout "game winning" goal in the player's and team's stats. Only hockey does things so backwards that game winning goals that show up on the scoreboard don't show up in either the team's "total" goals scored... or a player's "total" goals scored... (though strangely it does show up in a player's game winning goals scored total... leaving open the possibility of a player having more GW goals then he does actual goals by the end of the season)

OpIv37
11-27-2009, 06:50 PM
they should end the point system and just go to win-loss like every other pro sport.

thanks to the shootout no game ever ends in a tie anymore. They should also include the shoutout "game winning" goal in the player's and team's stats. Only hockey does things so backwards that game winning goals that show up on the scoreboard don't show up in either the team's "total" goals scored... or a player's "total" goals scored... (though strangely it does show up in a player's game winning goals scored total... leaving open the possibility of a player having more GW goals then he does actual goals by the end of the season)

or maybe they should just artifically inflate stats by letting shootout goals count as actual goals, like college football does with their "take turns" OT format.

SkateZilla
11-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Bertuzzi should be in jail.

Avery is a twit, I'll take Elisha Cuthbert, she's sexy as .... (myers moment)

The Lockout was a joke,

versus coverage makes me sick to my stomach,

expansion teams and divisions are all screwed up.

and marquee players getting forced to play for the trap?, gimme a break, i wanna see Ovie and Sid the Kid play in N.J. , lol.... they'd go bonkers and beg for a trade.

the fans dont want nap time games, they want speed, scoring and fights... forget this "family image" B.S., Hockey isnt a family sport, you want family sports, get a Wii or watch ESPN8 : The OHCO.. If they were seriously gonna go "Family Sport" they'd have to 86 the drunk fans that pound the glass and yell stupid things at the players on the top of their lungs, which in alot of venue's thats like 89% of the crowd base. This is a Sport, not sesame street, dont sugar coat a game to try and pass it off as family friendly. they've already started doing it to the NHL games on the consoles too...

someone tried to say that old time hockey was the trap/defense... I remember O.T. hockey as one player could go coast to coast untouched if he knew how to skate, not players trying to run the gauntlet of legs, sticks and hands pulling their jerseys at mid ice.