PDA

View Full Version : Just scouted the Bills next franchise QB

Commissioner
11-27-2009, 07:56 PM
Check out these highlights. 6'6" and can throw 70+ yards. Has a deadly playaction fake.

If this dude comes out I hope the Bills can snag him...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxZAFLho2xo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5F527AhpS8

homeslice5484
11-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Thurman Thomas really likes him, writes about him on his twitter and said on WGR he likes him the best out of all the prospects.

What round is he projected?

YardRat
11-27-2009, 08:13 PM
He's a soph. Probably will get the Heisman-hype next season.

ArcticWildMan
11-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Haven't heard any scuttlebut about him coming out this year. He has looked very good this year. If he continues to play well he will be a top 5 pick next year I bet.

Commissioner
11-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Thurman Thomas really likes him, writes about him on his twitter and said on WGR he likes him the best out of all the prospects.

What round is he projected?
I believe he's considered a junior this year... He played for Michigan in 2007 and transferred to Arkansas and Redshirted in 2008. They say if he comes out this year, he will be a 2nd or 3rd rounder... if he stays he would probably be a first in 2011.

Goobylal
11-27-2009, 09:01 PM
If I were any QB eligible for the draft, I'd come out in 2010. With the potential for a rookie salary cap in 2011, the best money they'll see is probably this coming draft.

Demon
11-27-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm not gonna lie, and some may be shocked by this, but i'm starting to really cheat on McCoy and bandwagon towards Jake Locker.

Bmax
11-27-2009, 10:39 PM
The guy is very stiff and is not mobile at all...Drew Bledsoe like...Could be great but but i prefer guys are could move in and around the pocket more than Mallet...

Bmax

Commissioner
11-27-2009, 10:42 PM
The guy is very stiff and is not mobile at all...Drew Bledsoe like...Could be great but but i prefer guys are could move in and around the pocket more than Mallet...

Bmax
He's actually got good mobility for a 6'6" in QB ...4.85 40yd dash... did you watch the video's of him rolling out on the playaction?

Not sure where you got that from....

Jaybird
11-27-2009, 11:30 PM
I'm not gonna lie, and some may be shocked by this, but i'm starting to really cheat on McCoy and bandwagon towards Jake Locker.

Big fan of Locker, having said that (curb reference) Mallet might also be a good prospect

YoungEz
11-28-2009, 01:32 AM
He is by far the best QB in college right now, I posted a more in depth discussion on him at Buffalo bills forum

He is a go for broke pick, I think it must be made... I feel that Clausen/Mallet is Manning/Leaf... Leaf=Clausen and Mallet will be the successful one ....

Mallet and Clausen have huge egos and very ****/arrogant... problem is Clausen can't back it up and Mallet can. I know people who know both of these guys, Clausen will walk through girls on campus just cuz he thinks he is the **** n yet everyone at ND hates him. Funniest thing was being at a ND party visiting an ppl starting a We want brady quinn chant

Draft Mallet and let someone else take Clausen as a bust

kernowboy
11-28-2009, 02:01 AM
I hope not because he is a R1 selection and we must not go QB in R1.

There is no mistake that Polian was intelligent enough to draft LT Tarik Glenn the year before he drafted Peyton Manning. Without elite protection any QB we draft is a mega bust - unless you think Demetrius Bell is Pro Bowl standard?

We might pick up a QB mid-round, but I would rather wait until 2011 or 2012 for a QB.

Lets pick up a young veteran, have a look at Brohm and still either behind a decent line, so they can manage a game effectively with proper protection. If we can get some stability on offense, we can look at a QB like Matt Bradley, or Andrew Luck.

If a young junior like Pat Devlin declared and was around in the 4th or lower then I would select but drafted a young QB, to start immediately behind a sieve of a line sets this franchise back another 5 years

Commissioner
11-28-2009, 03:32 AM
I hope not because he is a R1 selection and we must not go QB in R1.

There is no mistake that Polian was intelligent enough to draft LT Tarik Glenn the year before he drafted Peyton Manning. Without elite protection any QB we draft is a mega bust - unless you think Demetrius Bell is Pro Bowl standard?

We might pick up a QB mid-round, but I would rather wait until 2011 or 2012 for a QB.

Lets pick up a young veteran, have a look at Brohm and still either behind a decent line, so they can manage a game effectively with proper protection. If we can get some stability on offense, we can look at a QB like Matt Bradley, or Andrew Luck.

If a young junior like Pat Devlin declared and was around in the 4th or lower then I would select but drafted a young QB, to start immediately behind a sieve of a line sets this franchise back another 5 years

They say Mallet is a round 2 or 3 selection if he comes out this year.

kernowboy
11-28-2009, 04:30 AM
They say Mallet is a round 2 or 3 selection if he comes out this year.

In most mocks I've seen him in R1 as high as Top10 on occasion

kernowboy
11-28-2009, 04:44 AM
For me QB is a Day3 need.

We must stop our QB, whoever it is from getting beaten up. Elite skill at LT is 110% essential. No QB, no matter how heralded can survive with the blindside protection we currently afford them. Our No1 need is LT

We must stop being run on. I don't know whats up with DL but its performance against the run has been pathetic. My next need is DT like Dan Williams of Tennessee and Jared Odrick of Penn St. If we trade Lynch for a R2, I'd seriously consider both.

We cannot continue to have Ellison starting. A LB like Sean Lee would likely be available in the 3rd. We've got a above average secondary with an excellent ballhawk but they are wasted if our opponents run on us all day long. We need to have maximum pressure on the QB, flushing him out of the pocket all the time, and letting his inaccuracy on the run, play into our hands. Doing away with the Tampa2 would be an excellent start.

If a junior QB like Devlin was available at the start of R4, then I'd look at him, but you don't fix the foundations of the house by starting with the roof.

Forward_Lateral
11-28-2009, 06:26 AM
I think he's a junior, Yardy.

tampabay25690
11-28-2009, 07:12 AM
I like him alot....
Has the size, and arm that a team look at.
A bit RAW still, he is only a SOPH and if I were him I would stay in school becasue next year he will probably be the top 5 in the heisman race. If I had to guess he will come out with the rookie cap coming......I like him better then PIKE....

yordad
11-28-2009, 08:07 AM
Take seven QBs if you have to. Whatever it takes. D. Bell has more potential then R. Fitz.

bigbub2352
11-28-2009, 09:09 AM
Mallett is my favorite player in college ball
best QB prospect i have seen in the last few yrs
im a big Mich fan and he transfered from there to ARK
if he comes out i like him over Clausen who is my favortie QB so far in this draft

kernowboy
11-28-2009, 09:56 AM
Walterfootball.com have him going 9th overall if he comes out.

BillyT92679
11-28-2009, 10:00 AM
People say this kid is boom or bust
he needs another year
too inaccurate

bollocks!

I think it's a definite BOOM with this kid. He has far and away the best upside of any college quarterback. His accuracy issues stemmed primarily with not having great wideouts who can catch a cold. He's going to hit about 3500 yards with 35 touchdowns and maybe 8 picks after tonight and the bowl game. He's a bit ****y, but I see it as more Jim Kelly like than anything else. He's not Dan Marino with his release (that's I think perhaps his weakest aspect, but it's not nearly as bad as his detractors make it out to be) but he has a friggin cannon and can make every single throw. He could make passes in Orchard Park in December. Only Clausen can challenge him in this and Clausen doesn't have the total arm strength that Mallett has. Plus Mallett is 6'6" to 6'7" he could easily throw the ball over defenders heads and see the field very well. He's like 238 so he's built like a linebacker.

I love this kid. I think he's the only sure bet quarterback. He might come back next year, but I really think if he plays even ok tonight and great in the bowl he would be extremely tempted to come out. He'd make beaucoup bucks this year. Why risk coming back and possibly getting hurt to maybe get a Heisman and get drafted in a year where there probably will be a rookie cap? His measurables are off the charts (dude is nothing like Bledsoe in terms of mobility... certainly not at all like the Drew who played here). Mallett would be a combine stud.

DraftBoy
11-28-2009, 10:15 AM
I think he's a junior, Yardy.

Technically speaking he's a RS-Sophmore. He is draft eligible as he is three years removed from his HS graduating class.

As for Mallet's skill set, he has a great arm, great size, and great pocket poise. His footwork is bad, his decision making needs work, and his roll outs are not consistent at all. His athleticism will be a question mark on the next level, but guys like Brady and Manning do fine with little to no athleticism.

kernowboy
11-28-2009, 10:18 AM
A number of pundits are questioning his mobility, and he has a character flag issue from an arrest earlier in the year.

Forward_Lateral
11-28-2009, 10:44 AM
Technically speaking he's a RS-Sophmore. He is draft eligible as he is three years removed from his HS graduating class.

As for Mallet's skill set, he has a great arm, great size, and great pocket poise. His footwork is bad, his decision making needs work, and his roll outs are not consistent at all. His athleticism will be a question mark on the next level, but guys like Brady and Manning do fine with little to no athleticism.

Doesn't he lose a year of elligibilty when he transfered from Michigan?

DraftBoy
11-28-2009, 11:02 AM
Doesn't he lose a year of elligibilty when he transfered from Michigan?

He has to sit out a year yes, but because he played at Michigan as a true Freshman he still had a red shirt year he could use. Arkansas used it during his transfer year since he couldn't play anyways.

Forward_Lateral
11-28-2009, 12:07 PM
I see. Another year, possibly 2 more at college would make him very good, IMO.

tampabay25690
11-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Watch him tonite he travels to Baton Rouge and plays LSU at 8:00 pm..
Will be a great test for him..

Bmax
11-28-2009, 05:47 PM
He's actually got good mobility for a 6'6" in QB ...4.85 40yd dash... did you watch the video's of him rolling out on the playaction?

Not sure where you got that from....

The NFL game has changed.....Tebow has good wheels, as does ...Mcnabb though he is slowing down alot...Romo...even Big Ben .. I guess what i am saying is Can the kid make plays with his feet and his arm consistently..I have my doubts...The NFL has lot more speed than the college game...

The Mallett i saw strugled against quick teams...Petrino is known for producing good QB's in his system...Brohm was one of the guys who put up big numbers...

I will watch todays game with a little more interest.. LSU has always had the athletes that play at the next level.. If he moves well and makes play against them then that will go a long way to changing my mind...But i still have a lot of doubt...

Bmax

Bmax
11-28-2009, 09:42 PM
I have to say i was impressed by Mallett on the last TD drive before OT.. But Jimmy Clausen has looked really good tonight also...But Mallett has a NFL super gun for an arm .. he can really zing it

Bmax