X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Commissioner
    • Dec 2004

Just scouted the Bills next franchise QB

Check out these highlights. 6'6" and can throw 70+ yards. Has a deadly playaction fake.

If this dude comes out I hope the Bills can snag him...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Draft Gabbert at #3!
  • homeslice5484
    • Jul 2008

Re: Just scouted the Bills next franchise QB

Thurman Thomas really likes him, writes about him on his twitter and said on WGR he likes him the best out of all the prospects.

What round is he projected?

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

He's a soph. Probably will get the Heisman-hype next season.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Haven't heard any scuttlebut about him coming out this year. He has looked very good this year. If he continues to play well he will be a top 5 pick next year I bet.

Comment

• Commissioner
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by homeslice5484
          Thurman Thomas really likes him, writes about him on his twitter and said on WGR he likes him the best out of all the prospects.

What round is he projected?
          I believe he's considered a junior this year... He played for Michigan in 2007 and transferred to Arkansas and Redshirted in 2008. They say if he comes out this year, he will be a 2nd or 3rd rounder... if he stays he would probably be a first in 2011.
          Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

If I were any QB eligible for the draft, I'd come out in 2010. With the potential for a rookie salary cap in 2011, the best money they'll see is probably this coming draft.

Comment

• Demon
              • Mar 2003

I'm not gonna lie, and some may be shocked by this, but i'm starting to really cheat on McCoy and bandwagon towards Jake Locker.
              Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• Bmax
                • Aug 2003

The guy is very stiff and is not mobile at all...Drew Bledsoe like...Could be great but but i prefer guys are could move in and around the pocket more than Mallet...

Bmax

Comment

• Commissioner
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Bmax
                  The guy is very stiff and is not mobile at all...Drew Bledsoe like...Could be great but but i prefer guys are could move in and around the pocket more than Mallet...

Bmax
                  He's actually got good mobility for a 6'6" in QB ...4.85 40yd dash... did you watch the video's of him rolling out on the playaction?

Not sure where you got that from....
                  Last edited by Commissioner; 11-27-2009, 10:51 PM.
                  Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• Jaybird
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Demon
                    I'm not gonna lie, and some may be shocked by this, but i'm starting to really cheat on McCoy and bandwagon towards Jake Locker.
                    Big fan of Locker, having said that (curb reference) Mallet might also be a good prospect

Comment

• YoungEz
                      • Sep 2008

He is by far the best QB in college right now, I posted a more in depth discussion on him at Buffalo bills forum

He is a go for broke pick, I think it must be made... I feel that Clausen/Mallet is Manning/Leaf... Leaf=Clausen and Mallet will be the successful one ....

Mallet and Clausen have huge egos and very ****/arrogant... problem is Clausen can't back it up and Mallet can. I know people who know both of these guys, Clausen will walk through girls on campus just cuz he thinks he is the **** n yet everyone at ND hates him. Funniest thing was being at a ND party visiting an ppl starting a We want brady quinn chant

Draft Mallet and let someone else take Clausen as a bust

Comment

I hope not because he is a R1 selection and we must not go QB in R1.

There is no mistake that Polian was intelligent enough to draft LT Tarik Glenn the year before he drafted Peyton Manning. Without elite protection any QB we draft is a mega bust - unless you think Demetrius Bell is Pro Bowl standard?

We might pick up a QB mid-round, but I would rather wait until 2011 or 2012 for a QB.

Lets pick up a young veteran, have a look at Brohm and still either behind a decent line, so they can manage a game effectively with proper protection. If we can get some stability on offense, we can look at a QB like Matt Bradley, or Andrew Luck.

If a young junior like Pat Devlin declared and was around in the 4th or lower then I would select but drafted a young QB, to start immediately behind a sieve of a line sets this franchise back another 5 years

Comment

• Commissioner
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by kernowboy
                          I hope not because he is a R1 selection and we must not go QB in R1.

There is no mistake that Polian was intelligent enough to draft LT Tarik Glenn the year before he drafted Peyton Manning. Without elite protection any QB we draft is a mega bust - unless you think Demetrius Bell is Pro Bowl standard?

We might pick up a QB mid-round, but I would rather wait until 2011 or 2012 for a QB.

Lets pick up a young veteran, have a look at Brohm and still either behind a decent line, so they can manage a game effectively with proper protection. If we can get some stability on offense, we can look at a QB like Matt Bradley, or Andrew Luck.

If a young junior like Pat Devlin declared and was around in the 4th or lower then I would select but drafted a young QB, to start immediately behind a sieve of a line sets this franchise back another 5 years
                          They say Mallet is a round 2 or 3 selection if he comes out this year.
                          Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

Originally posted by Commissioner
                            They say Mallet is a round 2 or 3 selection if he comes out this year.
                            In most mocks I've seen him in R1 as high as Top10 on occasion

Comment

For me QB is a Day3 need.

We must stop our QB, whoever it is from getting beaten up. Elite skill at LT is 110% essential. No QB, no matter how heralded can survive with the blindside protection we currently afford them. Our No1 need is LT

We must stop being run on. I don't know whats up with DL but its performance against the run has been pathetic. My next need is DT like Dan Williams of Tennessee and Jared Odrick of Penn St. If we trade Lynch for a R2, I'd seriously consider both.

We cannot continue to have Ellison starting. A LB like Sean Lee would likely be available in the 3rd. We've got a above average secondary with an excellent ballhawk but they are wasted if our opponents run on us all day long. We need to have maximum pressure on the QB, flushing him out of the pocket all the time, and letting his inaccuracy on the run, play into our hands. Doing away with the Tampa2 would be an excellent start.

If a junior QB like Devlin was available at the start of R4, then I'd look at him, but you don't fix the foundations of the house by starting with the roof.

Comment

Working...
                              X