PDA

View Full Version : Could this be Jim Kellys Backer???

SeatownBillsFan21
11-28-2009, 12:33 AM
http://www.wben.com/Report--Bruins-Owner-Jeremy-Jacobs-Looking-At-Bill/3037065

Just a thought here. dude is worth over a billion dollars and would want to keep the team in Buffalo.Anyways i dont care what really happens but Ralph wont live forever and i cant bear the thought of this team not being in buffalo.

BertSquirtgum
11-28-2009, 12:54 AM
i don't care who it is, as long as there is one.

tampabay25690
11-28-2009, 07:15 AM
He is 1 of the few I could see being the backer.
I actually was suppose to work for the Jacobs family in 97 as there personal CHEF coming out of culinary school.
I do know they live in Buffalo and in the FT Lauderdale area.
He is a Buffalo guy.....

Ebenezer
11-28-2009, 07:20 AM
Jeremy Jacobs is almost as old as Ralph and just as, if not even more, stingy.

Michael82
11-28-2009, 07:36 AM
I think that it's George Gillett...the former owner of the Montreal Canadiens.

Goobylal
11-28-2009, 08:15 AM
I heard it's Trump and some car dealer guy.

clumping platelets
11-28-2009, 08:20 AM
Jacobs would have to sell the Bruins

clumping platelets
11-28-2009, 08:20 AM
My money is on Trump or Gillett

Ickybaluky
11-28-2009, 08:41 AM
Jeremy Jacobs is almost as old as Ralph and just as, if not even more, stingy.

I could only hope, given what he has done to the Bruins under his ownership. His having to sell the team would be worth celebrating.

I will say this, though: His son Charlie has been more involved with the Bruins and seems to give more of a crap how the team performs. He is the impetus behind the move to bring in Peter Chiarelli and build the team the last few years. Jeremy is all about making money and never gave a crap how the Bruins did, but Charlie grew up with the team (and went to school at BC) and seems to care. He is an actual sports fan, unlike the old man.

If he were to buy the Bills, I probably would be less critical because it would be Charlie Jacobs more involved with the team. As critical as I've been of the old man's running of the Bruins in his tenure, the son seems to be more what you are looking for in an owner.

SquishDaFish
11-28-2009, 08:44 AM
I agree with NE. Im torn because Im a Bruins fan and agree with what he is saying about Jeremys son. But I dont want that SOB owning the Bills because hes a slightly younger version of Wilson.

Nighthawk
11-28-2009, 09:20 AM
I agree with NE. Im torn because Im a Bruins fan and agree with what he is saying about Jeremys son. But I dont want that SOB owning the Bills because hes a slightly younger version of Wilson.

As has been said, it would probably be his son that makes more of the decisions instead of Jeremy. Either way, if he does buy the Bills, we as fans should be happy that the team stays.

Jaybird
11-28-2009, 11:25 AM
I think that it's George Gillett...the former owner of the Montreal Canadiens.
He sold the Canadians because he was strapped for cash. He also owns a soccer team

DraftBoy
11-28-2009, 11:26 AM
Would Trump keep the team in WNY?

Dicknoze69
11-28-2009, 11:34 AM
Would Trump keep the team in WNY?

Trump would do whatever benefits Trump the most. If he was Kelly's financial backer, I'd be pretty worried. Trump basically killed the USFL back in the '80s.

So, to answer your question...I doubt it.

SquishDaFish
11-28-2009, 11:45 AM
As has been said, it would probably be his son that makes more of the decisions instead of Jeremy. Either way, if he does buy the Bills, we as fans should be happy that the team stays.

Yes for my Bruins not the Bills. His son would not make the decisions for the Bills I dont think

TigerJ
11-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Jacobs would have to sell the BruinsThere is heavy speculation that the Bruins have been, or shortly will be up for sale.

Ickybaluky
11-29-2009, 10:36 AM
There is heavy speculation that the Bruins have been, or shortly will be up for sale.

Who is buying?

Anyone interested in buying the Bruins is going to want the building as well. Jacobs owns the building and has the concessions contract (that is where he made all his money).

The only ones I could see being interested is the Celtics ownership, as they play in the same building. Maybe they pay a premium because they would own the building and both teams, which makes it profitable. However, they want the building and the team, and Jacobs isn't going to want to sell the building. Without the building, why buy the B's?

SABURZFAN
11-29-2009, 10:59 AM
:monkeyp:
Im a Bruins fan