PDA

View Full Version : You'll See the Bills on TV This Weekend, But...

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
11-28-2009, 10:27 AM
Sunday's Bills game against the Miami Dolphins may be sold out, but the rest of the season, including Thursday's prime time game in Toronto, does not look as promising.

Out of the team's four remaining home games, tickets are still available for three of them. If the game is not sold out, the NFL forbids it from being televised locally, otherwise known as a "black out."

It's possible Thursday's 8pm game at the Rogers Centre in Toronto against the Jets, which will be nationally televised, may not be televised for local Bills fans. A quick check of Ticketmaster.com reveals that there are plenty of tickets left as of Friday evening.
http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=72335&catid=37

mybills
11-28-2009, 10:37 AM
Sucks for you WNY'ers.

BillyT92679
11-28-2009, 10:52 AM
For giggles I called the ticket office a couple weeks ago.
The Dolphins game, of course is sold out.
The Patriots PROBABLY will sell out (they are on the cusp... I expect Ralph or WIVB to scoop up the remaining tickets, like 2000 or so... Ralph will probably donate them to the boys and girls club as a Christmas present or something like that).

The Colts, right now there is no chance in hell... if they are 15-0 and playing for history, then you might see some Indy fans and other Bills fans scoop up the tix. However, 7000+ tickets is a lot for a game that's really meaningless otherwise. (and in January no less, brrr!) I saw two ticks on stubhub for 11 bucks a piece for that game.

Don't be surprised if Rogers Communications buys up the remaining seats for Thursday... the Toronto Experiment looks really, really bad if the games black out.

yordad
11-28-2009, 11:16 AM
Why would a Toronto game be blacked out in Buffalo?

soapman
11-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Thank you Sunday Ticket! One of the better aspects of living out of town.

d1220
11-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Why would a Toronto game be blacked out in Buffalo?

Because the blackout range is any station whose broadcast radius is within 75 miles of the stadium.

That is why Syracuse gets blacked out for games in Orchard Park that do not get sold out. WTVH-5's broadcast signal goes just about a mile into the 75 mile blackout radius, so Syracuse gets blacked out. Pretty f'd up, huh?

DynaPaul
11-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Glad I'm in Albany. Then again they normally shove the Bills off to the side out here because it's supposedly "Giants/Jets" country. They're actually showing the game this Sunday on local.

BADTHINGSMAN
11-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Well if the games dont sell then ill 3 extra hours on Sunday to get stuff done. Or ill try to find it online somewhere to watch.